Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Total Control Forum-wide Mock Draft - Invitation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellas, we're on the clock. Right now, the best options to me are:
Christian Westerman OG/C (would be converting him to Center)
Max Tuerk C
Jack Allen C
Leonte Caroo WR
Kyler Fackrell SLB

Westerman is my #1. I think he has a lot of potential as a C convert in our scheme.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Fellas, we're on the clock. Right now, the best options to me are:
Christian Westerman OG/C (would be converting him to Center)
Max Tuerk C
Jack Allen C
Leonte Caroo WR
Kyler Fackrell SLB

Westerman is my #1. I think he has a lot of potential as a C convert in our scheme.
'

I agree. Either Westerman or Jack Allen IMO. Not as high on Tuerk.
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
With the 77th pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select...

4080 - Christian Westerman - C - Arizona State

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QB... Check
OL... Check
Receivers... Check

Retain the D... Check

BPA the rest of the way fellas.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solder trade is off...

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of names I'd be keeping a close eye on in the 4th:

Landon Turner - Yeah, I like Wichmann, too, but the value is pretty damn good for someone that is at worst high quality depth and fits what we want to do extremely well.

Oakman - Still not sure I love the value here, but if anyone's going to make something of him, it's Waufle. Understandable if Ronald Blair is more appealing to some. Kind of six of one, half-dozen of another for me.

DJ White - With having to move LaMarcus to S in this mock, it does open up a CB/3rd-Safety spot on the roster. Value's good. White's floor is just very pleasantly high (honestly he's kind of EJ Gaines with better hands, in a way). Maybe redundant. Maybe the preference would be to look towards a Justin Simmons who offers similar value, as a guy who could play the deep third and allow Joyner to come down into the scrum and freelance.

Thomas Duarte - I see his future more as a big WR than a move-TE (I think jrry and I talked about this). He's the sort of WR that if he drops to the 220-range he's probably capable of playing at the speed of most of the 4.5/4.6 guys. And he's the sort of receiver that, as a "project," could learn a ton from a mentor like Boldin. I don't think he's value in the 4th quite yet, but I like the kid enough to move earlier than his projected round for him.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
A couple of names I'd be keeping a close eye on in the 4th:

Landon Turner - Yeah, I like Wichmann, too, but the value is pretty damn good for someone that is at worst high quality depth and fits what we want to do extremely well.

Oakman - Still not sure I love the value here, but if anyone's going to make something of him, it's Waufle. Understandable if Ronald Blair is more appealing to some. Kind of six of one, half-dozen of another for me.

DJ White - With having to move LaMarcus to S in this mock, it does open up a CB/3rd-Safety spot on the roster. Value's good. White's floor is just very pleasantly high (honestly he's kind of EJ Gaines with better hands, in a way). Maybe redundant. Maybe the preference would be to look towards a Justin Simmons who offers similar value, as a guy who could play the deep third and allow Joyner to come down into the scrum and freelance.

Thomas Duarte - I see his future more as a big WR than a move-TE (I think jrry and I talked about this). He's the sort of WR that if he drops to the 220-range he's probably capable of playing at the speed of most of the 4.5/4.6 guys. And he's the sort of receiver that, as a "project," could learn a ton from a mentor like Boldin. I don't think he's value in the 4th quite yet, but I like the kid enough to move earlier than his projected round for him.

Oakman, Blair, and McCalister are three names we're considering at DE.

White is an interesting recommendation. Chris mentioned Deiondre Hall. I like KeiVarae Russell.

WR is interesting but we may choose to put it off until the end because of our depth. I like Leonte Carroo but I have a bad track record with guys like him (guys with the same body type).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Russell too. Hall seems like someone the coaching staff would like just because of the many similarities between him and Tru.

yoinesh123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have our pick in a bit. Who do we select?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking KeiVarae Russell because we need a CB with versatility to play outside and the slot. But if more people prefer Deiondre Hall or another CB, I could be swayed to change my mind.

For our next pick, I was thinking Ronald Blair or Alex McCalister but if anyone has a better idea, LMK.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I'm thinking KeiVarae Russell because we need a CB with versatility to play outside and the slot. But if more people prefer Deiondre Hall or another CB, I could be swayed to change my mind.

For our next pick, I was thinking Ronald Blair or Alex McCalister but if anyone has a better idea, LMK.

Sounds like a good plan to me.
LARams91

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

Russell and McCalister have my vote.
jrry32

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
With the 109th Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft, the Los Angeles Rams select...

4223 - KeiVarae Russell - CB - Notre Dame

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:

I don't think Deiondre projects that well to the slot, to be honest. So in that regard, Russell was a better grab. As a pure corner, like I said, I'd have valued DJ White more than Hall - Hall I like because I think he projects with added value as a possible safety convert.

As to between Blair and McCalister, AMC has the higher ceiling - though obviously also the lower floor. Really depends on whether we're looking for the added depth on the strong side or the weak side of the DL. Blair projects better to the strong side IMO - powerful hands, has the arm length to compensate for height, rallies to the ball, good recognition and adjustment - he really victimizes guys who get too high in their stance and makes them pay (and that's something you tend to see more in RT's than LT's). TBH, he has a lot of William Hayes in him.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
yoinesh123

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does anyone think about Paul McRoberts out of SEMO?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: