Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Niner News Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
y2lamanaki

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Oh yeah, totally forgot about Allen.

Hooker is legit.

Foster in the bottom 10?

Most likely...haven't really thought much more about their rankings beyond those top 5 (and I just went with my gut with Hooker as #5).

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Don't know if this ended up elsewhere and I overlooked it, but Buckner was selected to the all-rookie team:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/49ers/49ers-buckner-selected-all-rookie-team

At least Baalke didn't mess that one up.

He was awesome. It's just a shame that Armstead who was supposedly by far our best player in camp suffered an injury before the season and was never able to recover from it. Can't wait to see these two next season.

I agree. I think with those two healthy and continuing to develop, either Garrett or Barnett (who I finished scouting and currently have as the #4 guy in this draft) as the draft pick, and an ILB to compete (even though I really liked what Armstrong offered in his short stint), this defense could be really good with the right tutelage.

Nickel look (majority of plays):

Barnett/Garrett, Buckner, Armstead, Lynch
Bowman, (ILB)
Ward, Brock, Robinson, Reid, Tartt

It's not perfect, but the improved front should allow the defensive backfield to improve.

Since you've been looking closely at edge rushers any htoughts on Takki McKinley. I originally thought he might be available for our second round pick, but now I'm seeing him in the upper half in a lot of mocks.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Since you've been looking closely at edge rushers any htoughts on Takki McKinley. I originally thought he might be available for our second round pick, but now I'm seeing him in the upper half in a lot of mocks.

Haven't spent many games watching him closely. I only watched the Texas A&M/Stanford games in full, mostly for other guys. But I'll put him on my immediate watchlist. Stats look good for a college guy this year.

Future Hall of Famer Frank Gore's Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 8th All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #7 Eric Dickerson: 194
*Yards needed to pass #6 Jerome Bettis: 597
AustrianNiner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
Don't know if this ended up elsewhere and I overlooked it, but Buckner was selected to the all-rookie team:

He was awesome. It's just a shame that Armstead who was supposedly by far our best player in camp suffered an injury before the season and was never able to recover from it. Can't wait to see these two next season.

I agree. I think with those two healthy and continuing to develop, either Garrett or Barnett (who I finished scouting and currently have as the #4 guy in this draft) as the draft pick, and an ILB to compete (even though I really liked what Armstrong offered in his short stint), this defense could be really good with the right tutelage.

Bowman, (ILB)

It's not perfect, but the improved front should allow the defensive backfield to improve.

Really like him, personally have him next after Garrett and Barnett.(should state that I haven't watched Solomon Thomas yet). Charlton and Harris look good aswell and with the amount of good DBs available I'm actually quite confident that one of them is still available at the top of the 2nd round.
Psychlone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel Jeremiahs top 50 is out. If I recall, his list does not change much during the pre-draft process. It's all about the film with him and little about the measurable. Some interesting selections and omissions like Solomon Thomas at #10 and Forrest Lamp(?) at #16. And no Zach Cunningham. He also has 10 CB's in his top 50 and Demond King is not one of them which was a suprise to me.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775479/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft?campaign=tw-cf-sf51362710-sf51362710

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:
Daniel Jeremiahs top 50 is out. If I recall, his list does not change much during the pre-draft process. It's all about the film with him and little about the measurable. Some interesting selections and omissions like Solomon Thomas at #10 and Forrest Lamp(?) at #16. And no Zach Cunningham. He also has 10 CB's in his top 50 and Demond King is not one of them which was a suprise to me.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775479/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft?campaign=tw-cf-sf51362710-sf51362710

Love every one of his top 10. Can't tell you how much I'd love for us to trade down and get two of those guys instead of just one of them.

For those who didn't read the article he has Trubisky and Watson at 31 and 32 with Kizer at 15.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:

Derek Barnett all the way down at 17 was interesting. Not too surprised about Cunningham, I always thought the Foster was miles ahead of him. Corey Davis at 8 I agree with too. I thought I was alone a bit ago in thinking he would go top 10.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No question Kizer has the most potential from the top guns. He's shown he could make every throw. But he still needs seasoning and it didn't help how his HC Kelly would berate him after games. Killed his confidence some.

El ramster on the sig
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
y2lamanaki wrote:

Bowman, (ILB)

Since you've been looking closely at edge rushers any thoughts on Takki McKinley. I originally thought he might be available for our second round pick, but now I'm seeing him in the upper half in a lot of mocks.

Takk is has a good first step and is a great speed to power rusher. He's got really stiff hips though and struggles to bend around the edge. Make him a bit one-dimensional in the way he attacks lineman. He's definitely intriguing and it'll be interesting to see how his process plays out.
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO misses the HOF once again.

El ramster on the sig
PapaShogun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
The Hall of Fame is a complete joke now. Terrell Davis makes it, but Owens who is a top 5 receiver of all time misses the cut for the third straight year. Just watch Hines Ward get in before him.

- Five Time Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers -
1981*1984*1988*1989*1994*
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
The Hall of Fame is a complete joke now. Terrell Davis makes it, but Owens who is a top 5 receiver of all time misses the cut for the third straight year. Just watch Hines Ward get in before him.

Yea this is beyond [inappropriate/removed]. It actually makes me kinda angry. I don't know why he's been getting punished.
Forge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geek wrote:
PapaShogun wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

Yea this is beyond [inappropriate/removed]. It actually makes me kinda angry. I don't know why he's been getting punished.

Only because he was a an butthead (or you know, something slightly stronger). That's really all it is. Apparently, he didn't even make the final 10 and they didn't spend much time discussing it at all. It's just jealous media voters trying to flex their muscles and exert "power"

Stupid NFL coaches and their need to reach for quarterbacks....
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychlone wrote:

Anybody else automatically thinks of this when they see Forrest Lamp's name somewhere?

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PapaShogun wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:

How many teams cut TO? It's quite clear that just about every team he was on thought they were better off without him on the team. In other words they didn't think he was even worth having on the team. How does that translate to a HOF player? You gotta look at the whole picture not just his stats. His legacy as a player is bunch of great looking stats and a whole bunch of teams that knew what his pluses, and his minuses, were and decided the latter outweighed the former.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 18 of 19

Jump to: