You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Yea no one has ever started a statement with "IMO" that would take way too much, no one around here ever uses that

And you think theyre throwing in the "IMO" to make sure nobody thinks "If player X has a good season, we will win 10 games" is a fact??? Laughing

It's clearly NOT being presented as a fact. Because predictions are, by their very nature, NOT FACTS! Predictions dont need a qualifier.

Quote:
And apparently you are the one who has no clue how things work on this site. It's nothing but arguments about opinions. If I can't rebut and argue what he put down on this site, that means it's a fact. Facts are the only things in this world that can't be argued. Everything else is up for debate.

Of course you can rebut his prediction. That has absolutely nothing to do with what I am saying and you know it. Youre trying to present a rebuttal to an argument I never made.

You said he couldnt venture a guess before "seeing a single thing from this team." That runs contrary to the nature of this site. Which is ENTIRELY about doing just that. Guessing what picks go where before a single pick is made in the draft. Guessing how well rookies will do before seeing them take a single NFL snap. Guessing what records teams will have before seeing a single thing out of any teams. On and on.

Then you went on to suggest he was "passing off his prediction as a fact." Which is even more nonsensical. Because predictions, by their very nature, cannot be a fact. And nobody should be under the assumption anyone is passing off a prediction as fact. He said what he thought would happen. That's all he did. He wasnt any more insistent on that prediction than anyone else.

I have absolutely nothing to say about you disagreeing with him and presenting an argument as to why you think he is wrong. Or could be wrong. Using facts. Or common knowledge. Or your own predictions. My issue is with the argument that "you cant venture a guess, or make a prediction, without seeing what they can do."

Of course he can. We do it here all the time. And those predictions are worth absolutely nothing. Theyre a dime a dozen.

Quote:
And the original statement was that there are only 2 buckets that this Rams season can fall into, either we are good and contending for a playoff spot, or we are bad and suffering from another Top 10 pick.

Thats not really what he said at all. At no point did he say those were the ONLY two possible results.

It was a three sentence post. Hardly deep in detail. If you THINK that was what he was saying, perhaps it would be better to ask for clarification rather than assuming something that oddly definitive and limiting.

Quote:
And the only thing that would decide that fate would be the performance of Jared Goff. That is what was said, go ahead, I'll wait for you to go check again.

Uh huh.

I just want to make sure you saw the strategically placed "should" and "could" in his post. In case you missed them.

Quote:
And I presented evidence that a good season (especially relative to what we had last year and more of what is being predicted this year) and ending up with a Top 10 pick are not mutually exclusive.

A perfectly fair and logical point.

Quote:
I welcome an actual counter to an argument made by someone from you, but I just assume it will be more crap bickering about stuff not really relevant to the conversation at hand. So go ahead, let's see if you can surprise us.

Surprise you with what???

What are you arguing? What are WE arguing? That it takes more than the play of one guy to determine the fate of a team game??? That QB play can improve while the win total remains stagnant or regresses? Isnt that kind of a given? Who is arguing otherwise???

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so dumb, I'm not even mad at the original sentiment, but thinking like that (putting all the pressure on Goff) is what gets the bust label put on a guy and fans calling for a new QB 2 years after you just got one
jrry32 wrote:
That's not what he said:
Flatlyner wrote:
IF Goff plays well, I could easily see 8 wins. 10 is a stretch. All we need is competent QB play, and the rest should work itself out.

IF Goff plays poorly (again), we are picking in the top 10 (again).
Its actually exactly what he said. "The rest will work itself out" what else does that mean than "no other worries about the team" which is what puts the whole season outcome on Goff. If you are reading it any other way then you are projecting your thoughts/rationalizations for the rest of the team, because he didn't provide any thing else that he was worried about.

Quote:
And yes, ending up with a top 10 pick based on record and having a good season are mutually exclusive.
No they aren't. Plenty of team had good seasons last year and had/sniffing Top 10 picks. Some teams under performed and those were bad seasons, but for the Rams to actually under perform to the consensus of the NFL population (not fan boys around here) they would have to only win 3 games.

If we start the year 4-4, have an injury to our pretty thin team, and go 3-5 the rest of the way, how is that a bad season? We would be in the playoff hunt till like the last 2/3 weeks. That would be a good successful season for a almost Rookie QB and a Rookie HC.

Picks 9-12 all had only 9 losses. In a parity league (the middle of it at least) those aren't bad seasons. We don't get a 9-7 team until pick 18.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
This is so dumb, I'm not even mad at the original sentiment, but thinking like that (putting all the pressure on Goff) is what gets the bust label put on a guy and fans calling for a new QB 2 years after you just got one
jrry32 wrote:
That's not what he said:
Flatlyner wrote:
IF Goff plays well, I could easily see 8 wins. 10 is a stretch. All we need is competent QB play, and the rest should work itself out.

IF Goff plays poorly (again), we are picking in the top 10 (again).
Its actually exactly what he said. "The rest will work itself out" what else does that mean than "no other worries about the team" which is what puts the whole season outcome on Goff. If you are reading it any other way then you are projecting your thoughts/rationalizations for the rest of the team, because he didn't provide any thing else that he was worried about.

It means that the defense and special teams will get the job done. Are you disputing this? Are you concerned about the Wade Phillips-led defense or the John Fassel-led special teams? I'm not. Neither unit will be so bad as to hold back the team.

Based on that, our success or failure is going to likely come down to the offense. The most important player on the offense is Jared Goff.

Quote:
No they aren't. Plenty of team had good seasons last year and had/sniffing Top 10 picks. Some teams under performed and those were bad seasons, but for the Rams to actually under perform to the consensus of the NFL population (not fan boys around here) they would have to only win 3 games.

If you're picking in the top 10 because of your record, you didn't have a good season. That means you finished between 23rd and 32nd. That's not a good season.

That's a failure of a season.

Quote:
If we start the year 4-4, have an injury to our pretty thin team, and go 3-5 the rest of the way, how is that a bad season? We would be in the playoff hunt till like the last 2/3 weeks. That would be a good successful season for a almost Rookie QB and a Rookie HC.

That's not a good or successful season. That means we were below .500. It might be promising, but it's not good or successful. That's a losing season. This isn't the 2010 or 2012 Rams. A 7-9 season isn't anything to be proud of with the talent we have.

Quote:
Picks 9-12 all had only 9 losses. In a parity league (the middle of it at least) those aren't bad seasons. We don't get a 9-7 team until pick 18.

Yes, they are. A losing season is a bad season.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams season tickets are really cheap. You can get some seats near the field (I think like around where the FG uprights in the north) for like $810 for the entire season. Some behind the visitor or home sideline for around $1,000. Really good deals.

At least you could the last time I checked it, not sure about right now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Rams season tickets are really cheap. You can get some seats near the field (I think like around where the FG uprights in the north) for like $810 for the entire season. Some behind the visitor or home sideline for around $1,000. Really good deals.

I wonder if season tickets in the Coliseum would carry over to the new stadium.

I am sure the mark up after the move would price most people out. But if you had the money, that would be a great way to lock in a good set of seats on the cheap.

Kiltman on the sig!

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I am sure the mark up after the move would price most people out. But if you had the money, that would be a great way to lock in a good set of seats on the cheap.

By everything I've heard from the reps for the team, if you're not a multi-year season ticket holder at the Coliseum you're not getting priority (or possibly even consideration) for ST's at Stadium of Champions. Now obviously that stance can certainly change with time - I believe it's already laxed from "will not be considered" to "will not have priority for purchase/choice."

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

By everything I've heard from the reps for the team, if you're not a multi-year season ticket holder at the Coliseum you're not getting priority (or possibly even consideration) for ST's at Stadium of Champions. Now obviously that stance can certainly change with time - I believe it's already laxed from "will not be considered" to "will not have priority for purchase/choice."

That makes sense. Now I wonder if you can lock in a decent price for, say, 5 years. Maybe 10.

I mean, you aren't going to find that many people with that much money to plunk down or who and willing to finance that amount for football seats. Or who will be willing to invest that far out on a team with a miserable track record over the last decade plus. I'm just wondering out loud how that would work.

I do t know a lot about season tickets.

Kiltman on the sig!

The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
The LBC wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

That makes sense. Now I wonder if you can lock in a decent price for, say, 5 years. Maybe 10.

I mean, you aren't going to find that many people with that much money to plunk down or who and willing to finance that amount for football seats. Or who will be willing to invest that far out on a team with a miserable track record over the last decade plus. I'm just wondering out loud how that would work.

I do t know a lot about season tickets.

The matter with the PSL's needs to get sorted because a number of the current models floated out there by the team simply aren't going to be feasible. Yeah, you'll get the elite that buy them and the folks who aren't savvy to money matters that finance ~$50k (per seat) in licensing fee over 10 years (and that's just for the right of first refusal on those actual seats, it doesn't include the price of the ticket), but typically when opening a new stadium you want to hit around a 60% minimum on season ticket sales to ensure quality ROI.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
RamsFanSince85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

As they should be cheap. Did you not see the pathetic product on the field last year??? Fans should have been paid to watch that crap! Good riddance to you Fisher!

This is a big offseason to Goff. I don't want to go through this process again if we get a top 2 or 3 pick and have to take a QB. McVay and the guys need to get this guy right or else this franchise will be sent back five years.

I'm getting too old for this crap. Luckily we have arguably the best defensive coordinator in the game and I'm banking on him leading a top 10 unit. If that happens, and the offense is at least some what competent, we are looking at another 8-8 season! Yes, I'm sure the jokes could write itself there, but that would be progress after last season.

Boys, make sure you go to the doctors before the season to check your heart because this organization is used to of breaking it!
Flounch

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NFL suspended Rams WR Mike Thomas four games for violating the league's policy on PEDs.

Well another disapointment for Thomas....
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robey-coleman retweetet that post:
https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/885961788956618752

yikes.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that Summer League is over and the Lakers have been crowned champs, what is the next football related event to get excited about?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://was.247sports.com/Bolt/Schefter-Redskins-should-trade-Cousins-right-now-101783974

Quote:
...But I値l tell you this, I値l bet you the Rams think that they could sign Kirk Cousins.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
http://was.247sports.com/Bolt/Schefter-Redskins-should-trade-Cousins-right-now-101783974

Quote:
...But I値l tell you this, I値l bet you the Rams think that they could sign Kirk Cousins.
Im already mad at myself for even responding to this. But it sounds like he is just connecting dots. Schefter has never been one to beat around the bush, if he has information he says it, he doesnt elude to it.

We arent trading for Cousins, any team not named the Niners would be dumb to be giving up anything for him, because everyone else involved has an option at QB right now.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:

Quote:
Im already mad at myself for even responding to this. But it sounds like he is just connecting dots. Schefter has never been one to beat around the bush, if he has information he says it, he doesnt elude to it.

We arent trading for Cousins, any team not named the Niners would be dumb to be giving up anything for him, because everyone else involved has an option at QB right now.

Can you imagine if we gave up the kings ransom we did for Goff, gave him one year with crap support, and turned around and traded even more picks/personnel away on Cousins? Laughing

That would be insane. Like... "Cover yourself in poop and dance in the moonlight" insane.

Kiltman on the sig!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: