You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Flounch wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Flounch wrote:
Yes he can also walk on water...

You think Donald's praise is too much?

What he is saying is what a ton of people have said about McVay. Even before he became our coach.

It's not that i don't believe him. But player making comment about their coaching staff and staff making comment about player is 99% always positive.

Everything and everyone are great until the first loss of the season

Of course. Nobody is under the illusion that anything else is the case.

That being said, should we not post positive things we come across in the media? Should we be sitting around moping about how terrible we will probably be, and how this new coach will probably fail, and how the team plane will probably crash and kill all of our players?

I'm just trying to figure out why, on a page dedicated to the Rams, where Rams fans congregate to collectively root for and cheer on the Rams, a guy cant post a quick positive quote about the new Rams coach without you interjecting with something negative.

Does it bother you that some fans are hopeful? It just feels like you are here to take the air out of peoples sails sometimes.

After following the Rams during all these years and reading a lot of interview. I lost any faith on positive commentary. It would be always negative until i see with my own eyes any improvement with this team.

But why does it bother you when other fans share positive commentary? It almost seems like you dont want ANYONE to be positive.

I mean come on, lol. I was a Rams fan when they sucked back in the 80's and 90's. I didnt get all emo about it, bro. Shake it off.

This is the one time of the year when its okay to be positive about a crappy team. Dont waste your opportunity. Or at the very least, dont ruin it for everyone else! Cool

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
IF Goff plays well, I could easily see 8 wins. 10 is a stretch. All we need is competent QB play, and the rest should work itself out.

IF Goff plays poorly (again), we are picking in the top 10 (again).
Goff could play really well and we could still be picking in the Top 10 next year. Buffalo went 7-9 and was picking #10 this year.The difference between 5-11 and 10-6 is not all that much these days in the NFL.

What if the offense makes a (relatively) huge leap from last year, but we have been losing at the end of games? Or it becomes even more clear that Tavon is a problem as a guy you can't count on, or that even though improved, the OL gets hurt and still needs some surfing up next offseason and we go 6-10? A very reasonable record for this team even with a much improved offense.

You can't make blanket statements like that before we have even seen a single thing from this team.

lol, the website is called "Football's Future."

It's entirely okay to make a blanket statement like that before we have seen a single thing from this team. He might be right. He might be wrong. What he says know wont change the outcome.

I think we are still a 7 win team. We have a lot of pieces, but our offense is really young. And our offensive line still has a lot to prove.

Kiltman on the sig!

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
IF Goff plays well, I could easily see 8 wins. 10 is a stretch. All we need is competent QB play, and the rest should work itself out.

Goff could play really well and we could still be picking in the Top 10 next year. Buffalo went 7-9 and was picking #10 this year.The difference between 5-11 and 10-6 is not all that much these days in the NFL.

What if the offense makes a (relatively) huge leap from last year, but we have been losing at the end of games? Or it becomes even more clear that Tavon is a problem as a guy you can't count on, or that even though improved, the OL gets hurt and still needs some surfing up next offseason and we go 6-10? A very reasonable record for this team even with a much improved offense.

You can't make blanket statements like that before we have even seen a single thing from this team.

It's entirely okay to make a blanket statement like that before we have seen a single thing from this team. He might be right. He might be wrong. What he says know wont change the outcome.

I think we are still a 7 win team. We have a lot of pieces, but our offense is really young. And our offensive line still has a lot to prove.
oh ok, sorry I've never known how this site works, let me give it a whirl...

We will win every game Jared Goff wears purple underwear.

Did I do it right? Because my statement has almost as much factual evidence to support it as his does.

He is making a definitive statement that the only thing that will decide this teams season is how Goff plays. Sure that is a huge part in the equation. But not anywhere close to the only thing. So no, you can't just make blanket statements and pass them off as facts with nothing else to support them
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
He is making a definitive statement that the only thing that will decide this teams season is how Goff plays. Sure that is a huge part in the equation. But not anywhere close to the only thing. So no, you can't just make blanket statements and pass them off as facts with nothing else to support them

No, he's making a statement that how Goff plays will make or break the team's season. That doesn't eliminate the implication that other parts of the team are important. However, I expect most of us feel confident that the defense and special teams will, at minimum, pull their own weight.

It's sad that so many here seem to get fired up over innocuous comments.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Effff it Mask off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:

No, he's making a statement that how Goff plays will make or break the team's season. That doesn't eliminate the implication that other parts of the team are important. However, I expect most of us feel confident that the defense and special teams will, at minimum, pull their own weight.

It's sad that so many here seem to get fired up over innocuous comments.

Lol, too true. If we have good QB play, its more the reasonable to assume that the defense plays well enough for us to win the games we lost last year due to not having an offense at all.

I'd be more then willing to bet actual coin on us having 8 wins or more if Goff plays above average. Honestly, all we did was improve the team in the offseason IMO.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
So? It's an opinion. Who cares.

"And he walks on water" really isnt an opinion.

You're a lot like Flounch in this regard. Care to take a crack at answering my questions?
What questions.

I mean, you just came back to being a Rams fan last year. Before that you were a Panthers fan. Not really sure why you're talking to me about how I feel about a team you didn't even root for until 9 months ago.

I've been on this site since 2005 and rooting for the Rams the entire time. The Rams have not had a single winning season since 2003. That's 14 straight got damn years of no season of at least 9 wins. it's frustrating and I don't really look at anything regarding the Rams from a positive point of view. I want to see us win the games first before I start talking about having a 10 win season.

Like, last year, most people here said we'd be a playoff contender and have a winning record. We won 4 got damn games. 4.

So forgive me if I'm not positive about our fortunes. I need to see something first.

We haven't went at least 8-8 in over a freaking decade. Lets try and do that first before we start talking about 10 wins and the playoffs, huh?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:

oh ok, sorry I've never known how this site works, let me give it a whirl...

We will win every game Jared Goff wears purple underwear.

Did I do it right? Because my statement has almost as much factual evidence to support it as his does.

Passing them off like facts??? Laughing

He was giving his opinion. Clearly. You cant pass of a prediction as a fact. It's literally impossible. You're reading wayyyy too deep into this.

Nobody should have to preface a prediction with "The following isnt a fact. It's just my guess. But I think I will be right."

Kiltman on the sig!

Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
So? It's an opinion. Who cares.

"And he walks on water" really isnt an opinion.

You're a lot like Flounch in this regard. Care to take a crack at answering my questions?
What questions.

I mean, you just came back to being a Rams fan last year. Before that you were a Panthers fan. Not really sure why you're talking to me about how I feel about a team you didn't even root for until 9 months ago.

I've been on this site since 2005 and rooting for the Rams the entire time. The Rams have not had a single winning season since 2003. That's 14 straight got damn years of no season of at least 9 wins. it's frustrating and I don't really look at anything regarding the Rams from a positive point of view. I want to see us win the games first before I start talking about having a 10 win season.

Like, last year, most people here said we'd be a playoff contender and have a winning record. We won 4 got damn games. 4.

So forgive me if I'm not positive about our fortunes. I need to see something first.

We haven't went at least 8-8 in over a freaking decade. Lets try and do that first before we start talking about 10 wins and the playoffs, huh?

I never stopped being a Los Angeles Rams fan, baby boy! The team came back to me. I didnt come back to them. Cool

Which is neither here nor there. The fact is, I can question you because I see plenty of other fans that have suffered through the same 13 years you did and arent... like you. You are the minority.

Plenty of fans go through what youre going through and dont turn into a great big, bellyaching Debbie Downer. For Gods sake, I see fewer tears in the Lions forum and they have won 1 playoff games in the last 60 years. There are literally Lions fans who were born, graduated college, and died without ever seeing their team win a playoff game. And they still held it together better than you. So I'm sorry if I question what all the PTSD is about.

Nobody is saying you have to be positive about the teams fortunes. I'm just saying you dont have to be so negative either. There has to be some middle ground. I mean, you ever hang out with someone who is all depressed and negative ALL THE TIMNE? The guy who, no matter what someone says, he chimes in with something negative to try and spoil it for everyone else? It's soul sucking. Stop being a soul sucker!!!

Kiltman on the sig!

l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't respond to my post anymore and I'll do the same w/ you. Easy fix.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Just don't respond to my post anymore and I'll do the same w/ you. Easy fix.

Or you could just shut up and stop whining. Thats an easy fix too. Right?

Make you a deal. I will agree to your conditions if you agree to mine. I wont respond to you, you dont respond to me. And both of us agree to do our very best to stop being soul suckers.

Deal?

Kiltman on the sig!

NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha leave the poor little kids alone. It's a hard life don't you know! It's rough waking up every morning and being so negative. Takes a lot out of you to not be able to see any positives.
l3lind golfer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ZUzrCjdCo

Just watched this full interview with Sean McVay. I think it's a week or 2 old, so you guys probably have seen it already. Really interested to see what he's going to do with Tavon Austin and also Jared Goff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:

He was giving his opinion. Clearly. You cant pass of a prediction as a fact. It's literally impossible. You're reading wayyyy too deep into this.

Nobody should have to preface a prediction with "The following isnt a fact. It's just my guess. But I think I will be right."
Yea no one has ever started a statement with "IMO" that would take way too much, no one around here ever uses that

And apparently you are the one who has no clue how things work on this site. It's nothing but arguments about opinions. If I can't rebut and argue what he put down on this site, that means it's a fact. Facts are the only things in this world that can't be argued. Everything else is up for debate.

And the original statement was that there are only 2 buckets that this Rams season can fall into, either we are good and contending for a playoff spot, or we are bad and suffering from another Top 10 pick. And the only thing that would decide that fate would be the performance of Jared Goff. That is what was said, go ahead, I'll wait for you to go check again. And I presented evidence that a good season (especially relative to what we had last year and more of what is being predicted this year) and ending up with a Top 10 pick are not mutually exclusive.

I welcome an actual counter to an argument made by someone from you, but I just assume it will be more crap bickering about stuff not really relevant to the conversation at hand. So go ahead, let's see if you can surprise us.
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:

Yea no one has ever started a statement with "IMO" that would take way too much, no one around here ever uses that

And apparently you are the one who has no clue how things work on this site. It's nothing but arguments about opinions. If I can't rebut and argue what he put down on this site, that means it's a fact. Facts are the only things in this world that can't be argued. Everything else is up for debate.

And the original statement was that there are only 2 buckets that this Rams season can fall into, either we are good and contending for a playoff spot, or we are bad and suffering from another Top 10 pick. And the only thing that would decide that fate would be the performance of Jared Goff. That is what was said, go ahead, I'll wait for you to go check again. And I presented evidence that a good season (especially relative to what we had last year and more of what is being predicted this year) and ending up with a Top 10 pick are not mutually exclusive.

I welcome an actual counter to an argument made by someone from you, but I just assume it will be more crap bickering about stuff not really relevant to the conversation at hand. So go ahead, let's see if you can surprise us.

That's not what he said:
Flatlyner wrote:

And yes, ending up with a top 10 pick based on record and having a good season are mutually exclusive.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 97 of 100

Jump to: