Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys have 40 minutes to kill, I recommend giving this a watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0ZUzrCjdCo

McVay chats with Rich Eisen and Steve Smith. It really struck me how similar he sounds to Jon Gruden.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
Flounch wrote:
Yes he can also walk on water...

You think Donald's praise is too much?

What he is saying is what a ton of people have said about McVay. Even before he became our coach.

It's not that i don't believe him. But player making comment about their coaching staff and staff making comment about player is 99% always positive.

Everything and everyone are great until the first loss of the season
NVRamsFan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Flounch wrote:

What he is saying is what a ton of people have said about McVay. Even before he became our coach.

It's not that i don't believe him. But player making comment about their coaching staff and staff making comment about player is 99% always positive.

Which is funny because if you listened to our coach talk and not just look at headlines he said pretty much the same thing.
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching a Cowherd video on YouTube because of all the NBA stuff going on and he recently said something like the Rams would win 8-10 games this upcoming season. He said he could see the Rams going 10-6 and making the playoffs. I don't see that.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
I was watching a Cowherd video on YouTube because of all the NBA stuff going on and he recently said something like the Rams would win 8-10 games this upcoming season. He said he could see the Rams going 10-6 and making the playoffs. I don't see that.

And the rest of us are shocked you don't see that.
stl4life07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

Where can I find that clip on YouTube?

I could see the Rams winning 10 games. I'll have to wait to see how the offense looks on the field but just as I'm type this, the Rams have talent. Defense will be legit and the offense finally have real offensive mind to go with their young talented players that were poorly developed or poorly used in one terrible system after another.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flounch wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Flounch wrote:

Of course. Nobody is under the illusion that anything else is the case.

That being said, should we not post positive things we come across in the media? Should we be sitting around moping about how terrible we will probably be, and how this new coach will probably fail, and how the team plane will probably crash and kill all of our players?

I'm just trying to figure out why, on a page dedicated to the Rams, where Rams fans congregate to collectively root for and cheer on the Rams, a guy cant post a quick positive quote about the new Rams coach without you interjecting with something negative.

Does it bother you that some fans are hopeful? It just feels like you are here to take the air out of peoples sails sometimes.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So? It's an opinion. Who cares.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

Where can I find that clip on YouTube?

I could see the Rams winning 10 games. I'll have to wait to see how the offense looks on the field but just as I'm type this, the Rams have talent. Defense will be legit and the offense finally have real offensive mind to go with their young talented players that were poorly developed or poorly used in one terrible system after another.

I like where our team is headed. But, a lot would need to go our way for 10 wins. I'm not saying it isn't impossible. However, I'm more optismtic than I have been in a long time for the Rams.

Flounch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
Flounch wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Flounch wrote:

Of course. Nobody is under the illusion that anything else is the case.

That being said, should we not post positive things we come across in the media? Should we be sitting around moping about how terrible we will probably be, and how this new coach will probably fail, and how the team plane will probably crash and kill all of our players?

I'm just trying to figure out why, on a page dedicated to the Rams, where Rams fans congregate to collectively root for and cheer on the Rams, a guy cant post a quick positive quote about the new Rams coach without you interjecting with something negative.

Does it bother you that some fans are hopeful? It just feels like you are here to take the air out of peoples sails sometimes.

After following the Rams during all these years and reading a lot of interview. I lost any faith on positive commentary. It would be always negative until i see with my own eyes any improvement with this team.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF Goff plays well, I could easily see 8 wins. 10 is a stretch. All we need is competent QB play, and the rest should work itself out.

IF Goff plays poorly (again), we are picking in the top 10 (again).
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
IF Goff plays well, I could easily see 8 wins. 10 is a stretch. All we need is competent QB play, and the rest should work itself out.

Goff could play really well and we could still be picking in the Top 10 next year. Buffalo went 7-9 and was picking #10 this year.The difference between 5-11 and 10-6 is not all that much these days in the NFL.

What if the offense makes a (relatively) huge leap from last year, but we have been losing at the end of games? Or it becomes even more clear that Tavon is a problem as a guy you can't count on, or that even though improved, the OL gets hurt and still needs some surfing up next offseason and we go 6-10? A very reasonable record for this team even with a much improved offense.

You can't make blanket statements like that before we have even seen a single thing from this team.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:

If Goff plays well, we'll win 10 games.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone watch all or nothing?

Such an amazing series. On episode 4 right now..
Last season with the cards was a great one..

Jon Hamm is bae.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
So? It's an opinion. Who cares.

"And he walks on water" really isnt an opinion.

You're a lot like Flounch in this regard. Care to take a crack at answering my questions?

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 96 of 99

Jump to: