You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:
goff ist just another bust pick by an awful jeff fisher.
i would trade every player but donald, quinn and hekker.
they suck. all of them.

Curious what QBs you think would be doing better in their first 5 games in these conditions.
Dak Prescott

Dak is in the polar opposite situation.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:
they suck. all of them.

Curious what QBs you think would be doing better in their first 5 games in these conditions.
Dak Prescott

Exactly. Was just having this conversation last night. Anyone that says Dak is the better player is flat out wrong.

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
jrry32

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:
they suck. all of them.

Dak Prescott

Exactly. Was just having this conversation last night. Anyone that says Dak is the better player is flat out wrong.

I'm not going to call them wrong. But I am going to say it's not a fair comparison at this point in time.

It's impossible to evaluate whether they're right or wrong. Goff is in the absolute worst situation imaginable. Dak is in the best.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed

1. Corey Davis, WR, WMU
2. Forrest Lamp, G/C, WKU
3. Evan Engram, TE, Ole Miss
4. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, USC
Jonezy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Goff isn't cleared, am I crazy to say I'd MUCH rather see what Mannion can do instead of Keenum?

^Delphi83^ (Sig)
ctp2124

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonezy wrote:
If Goff isn't cleared, am I crazy to say I'd MUCH rather see what Mannion can do instead of Keenum?

Not crazy in that I think we would all be curious. I would have a hard time believing that he would play better though.

Props to mike23md

YAWK YAWK YAWK YaWK
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mannion was a freaking 3rd round pick. I think he deserves a shot to see what he can do in a regular season game and see if we have a good back up going forward. I'd certainly have him as backup and I'd play him this week to give Goff a longer time to recover.

Who knows, he could be great and we spent enough to draft him.
John Johnson, S/CB
Josh Reynolds, WR
Samson Ebukam, Edge
l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, Prescott is in a better situation, but I think he's a HUGE part of why the Cowboys are so good. Look at when Romo was out all last year and they had other guys playing QB. They ended up with the 4th pick in the draft. Now they have the best record in the league. It's obviously not all Prescott, but he plays a big role in it.

And then when you look at the fact that Prescott was sitting there until the 4th round. And then look at what the Rams gave up to trade all the way up to #1 overall in order to pick Goff. It's a no-brainer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Yea, Prescott is in a better situation, but I think he's a HUGE part of why the Cowboys are so good. Look at when Romo was out all last year and they had other guys playing QB. They ended up with the 4th pick in the draft. Now they have the best record in the league. It's obviously not all Prescott, but he plays a big role in it.

And then when you look at the fact that Prescott was sitting there until the 4th round. And then look at what the Rams gave up to trade all the way up to #1 overall in order to pick Goff. It's a no-brainer.

I get what you're saying, but Zeke and a healthy Dez also played a factor in that. I can see Dak having the same amount of success as Goff if he played in LA and the advantage would be that we wouldn't have to trade the farm for that type of production, but hey...hindsight 20/20
jrry32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BStanRamFan wrote:
l3lind golfer wrote:

I get what you're saying, but Zeke and a healthy Dez also played a factor in that. I can see Dak having the same amount of success as Goff if he played in LA and the advantage would be that we wouldn't have to trade the farm for that type of production, but hey...hindsight 20/20

Yep. Plus, Dallas's QBs were terrible last year.

Dak likely has a similar amount of success here. Frankly, that's not a high bar to overcome. The real difference imo is the potential Goff offers vs. Dak.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:

The fact that Dak Prescott is an improvement over Matt Cassell, Brandon Weeden and Kellen Moore doesnt mean he is any better a QB than Goff.

The question is who would do better on the Rams in his first five games. Dak Prescott did well on a team with a tremendous offensive line, an incredible running game, and fantastic targets in the passing game. That is absolutely no indicator that he could come onto a team with a terrible line, a non existent running game, and WRs with hands of stone, and do any better than Goff.

I mean, I asked and you answered. Not complaining. But I dont see any legitimate reason (I dont consider success with a great team a legitimate reason) to think Dak prescott could have done any better. Without the protections he enjoys in Dallas, he could fail in epic fashion. Conversely, there is no reason to think Goff, in Daks present situation, doesnt actually do better.

Quote:

What's a no-brainer? I'm confused.

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7

Last edited by Non-Issue on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
Rrrrrrrams wrote:
they suck. all of them.

None, I think that is why he mentioned trading everyone.

But... if you dont think any other QB out there would be doing better than Goff in, their first five games, under these conditions, how can he determine Goff is a bust and want to be rid of him?

Thats all I am saying.

Kiltman on the sig!

l3lind golfer

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Non-Issue wrote:
I just added that in, but using hindsight (easy to do now, I know) we made a huge mistake trading up for Jared Goff.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:
I just added that in, but using hindsight (easy to do now, I know) we made a huge mistake trading up for Jared Goff.

It's too early to claim hindsight.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
Non-Issue wrote:

"Dont trade up to get a QB in the first because you can always grab one in the 4th" isnt really going to keep any GMs employed for long.

The Cowboys hit on a longshot that was never supposed to be a starter. And they had the perfect situation. That doesnt mean that moving up for Goff was a bad idea.

Just give it time. I know you have PTSD from the last 12 seasons or so. But give it time. Let it play out. In 4 years Goff could be the next Drew Brees. You just never know.

Kiltman on the sig!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 67, 68, 69 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 68 of 100

Jump to: