Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Teddy's Wants and Needs (No 5th year option? Pg.72)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arKnaD7 wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Well Teddy really has no say in the matter; if it comes to that.

Absolutely no say? Sounds like something his camp/agent could/would talk to the NFLPA about, about getting an independent evaluator.

I'm not sure I'd say he has no say.

Any examples of this happening? I can't think of any.

Its a unique situation.
I cant recall either.
Im guessing typically the toll is there to help the player get an additional year..
However, potentially its application on Teddy could be detrimental if he is healthy/boardline healthy. He could make alot more than $2M starting for another team in 2018, incentive contract.

Healthy boardline players are put on PUP all the time, but sometimes their choices are limited... agree to PUP or be released. What if Teddy says, ok release me.

I'm playing devils advocate here.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
Signing Keenum with Heinicke under contract is a clear signal that TB will be kept on PUP through game 6.

No it's not. It's simply insurance in case Bridgewater's not ready. If Bridgewater's healthy, he has to be taken off PUP...no matter who else is on the roster.

nor is Heinicke's roster spot solidified. far from it.

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Biggs Beefcakes

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
arKnaD7 wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
Well Teddy really has no say in the matter; if it comes to that.

Absolutely no say? Sounds like something his camp/agent could/would talk to the NFLPA about, about getting an independent evaluator.

I'm not sure I'd say he has no say.

Any examples of this happening? I can't think of any.

Its a unique situation.
I cant recall either.
Im guessing typically the toll is there to help the player get an additional year..
However, potentially its application on Teddy could be detrimental if he is healthy/boardline healthy. He could make alot more than $2M starting for another team in 2018, incentive contract.

Healthy boardline players are put on PUP all the time, but sometimes their choices are limited... agree to PUP or be released. What if Teddy says, ok release me.

I'm playing devils advocate here.

Wouldn't he have to pass a physical if he didn't want to go on the PUP? Do players have a choice when teams put them on the PUP if they can't pass a physical?
SemperFeist

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bridgewater would have to be ready to go by the beginning of training camp. Once the team puts him on the PUP it's at the team's discretion as to when they can take Bridgewater off of the PUP.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klomp wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
Signing Keenum with Heinicke under contract is a clear signal that TB will be kept on PUP through game 6.

No it's not. It's simply insurance in case Bridgewater's not ready. If Bridgewater's healthy, he has to be taken off PUP...no matter who else is on the roster.

Why buy insurance if the med staff has insights into his current condition and can project the time he will become available?

Keenum or another QB could be signed off the street to play if SB is injured, Henicke fails and TB isn't ready to play at that time.

Again; why buy 'insurance' now if your med staff - who have much more info than we do - think TB could possibly be ready before week 6?
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Purplexing wrote:

Why buy insurance if the med staff has insights into his current condition and can project the time he will become available?

Keenum or another QB could be signed off the street to play if SB is injured, Henicke fails and TB isn't ready to play at that time.

Again; why buy 'insurance' now if your med staff - who have much more info than we do - think TB could possibly be ready before week 6?

I dont think the above was referring to "buying insurance" but rather additional QB options would provide Vikings with insurance at the QB position.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Purplexing wrote:

nor is Heinicke's roster spot solidified. far from it.

Nor is TB's health projected to be such that he can play. Far from it.
Nor is TH's health projected to be such that he can play. Far from it.
Nor is SB's health projected to be such that he can play. Far from it.
Nor is CK's health projected to be such that he can play. Far from it.

Substitute 'skill set' for 'health' and repeat the 4 above lines.

It's easy to create contrived scenarios to fit one's objectives.

The 'clear signal' I claim exists is due to Brzezinski spending money immediately to sign Keenum when he or other street free agents would be available later. If SB is injured and then TH is injured or doesn't perform well in TC or in regular season games after replacing SB, a street free agent QB could be signed if TB isn't ready to play.

The Vikings med staff has details on TB that they could use to project his availability fairly soon. If it were likely TB could return soon, per their internal info, there would be no need to sign Keenum now.

OK, now that I've explained my thought process, you may continue to articulate your contrived scenario that has no substance at this time.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:

I dont think the above was referring to "buying insurance" but rather additional QB options would provide Vikings with insurance at the QB position.

I KNOW, not think, he was referring to CK as an 'option' to replace SB rather than as a literal insurance policy or something similar.

Semantics.

The option was taken (bought), not rejected or the decision delayed until a later time. The 'clear signal' is the present day purchase of the option, with the current, non-published, medical info, rather than delay a decision on the option until more definitive, credible medical info is available.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Bridgewater would have to be ready to go by the beginning of training camp. Once the team puts him on the PUP it's at the team's discretion as to when they can take Bridgewater off of the PUP.

I dont recall if he must be put on PUP at the beginning on training camp? Can he just stay a non-full participant during camp?

Does the PUP decision happen at cut time ? Which gives Teddy 4 months to see if he can get cleared for on feild.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A player has to be placed on the PUP prior to any team practice at the start of training camp. Even as a limited participant, if a player takes part in any portion of a practice, they no longer qualify for the PUP.

So, even if. Ridgewater was only a part of the team stretching at the start of each practice, he'd no longer qualify for the PUP.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
CriminalMind wrote:

I KNOW, not think, he was referring to CK as an 'option' to replace SB rather than as a literal insurance policy or something similar.

Semantics.

Me? You would be wrong. I said nothing about Keenum replacing Bradford as the starter, which would've been ludicrous. I was talking about having someone else ready to go as a backup in case Bridgewater wasn't ready. If he's ready, fine, Keenum is an easy contract to get out of, but it'd be borderline idiotic to not have an alternative option ready just in case Bridgewater isn't healthy enough at the start of the season.

Purplexing wrote:

Because setbacks can happen. This isn't a typical injury. I 100% believe the staff when they say there's no timetable on his recovery because there is no precedence for this type of injury. This isn't like a rolled ankle that you have decades of documentation on how long the average player is out for. This is entirely new territory.

QB isn't a position you want to be signing guys off the street and throwing right into the starting lineup because you didn't have a backup plan because Bridgewater didn't heal in time. That's just not smart roster management.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
The Vikings med staff has details on TB that they could use to project his availability fairly soon.

and what they say is that there is no timetable for return, and that they do not know when he will. what they are not saying is whether he even CAN return.

Purplexing wrote:
you may continue to articulate your contrived scenario that has no substance at this time.

you talking to yourself again?

Laughing

re-sod!

CriminalMind

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Purplexing wrote:
The Vikings med staff has details on TB that they could use to project his availability fairly soon.

and what they say is that there is no timetable for return, and that they do not know when he will. what they are not saying is whether he even CAN return.

Purplexing wrote:
you may continue to articulate your contrived scenario that has no substance at this time.

you talking to yourself again?

Laughing

re-sod!

Really no need / no incentive for med staff to re-evaluate Bridgewater at the moment. Just say the same thing for the time being

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
fortune shines on the Vikings perhaps (contractually), allowing them to take a year of wait and see attitude with Bridgewater before deciding what to do with his contract and Bradford's, and keeping them from having two expensive QB's under contract at the same time.

Fortune shines on Bridgewater too. He likely would have had to sign for the vet minimum in his 6th year somewhere. Now he gets the chance to maybe play a little and earn a bigger deal after that.

Robb_K

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutler could probably be coaxed out of retirement to play for The Vikings. But, he wouldn't be ready to play for The Vikings in a game, given one week or a couple days notice. Better that they have an in-house player who has prectised with the team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 77 of 83

Jump to: