FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Teddy's Wants and Needs (No 5th year option? Pg.72)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VikeManDan

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless of the potential ramifications, I'm glad to see his rehab appears to be going very well.

"My purpose will not be denied."
- Teddy Bridgewater 9/1/16
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spielman: “We know the rule very well. We’ve talked to the Management Council, we understand everything that’s involved with it, but again it’s something from a contractual standpoint that I’d rather not comment on. But there are specific rules there, and we’re quite aware of what the rules are.”

Here’s what they know: If Bridgewater won’t be able to exit the PUP list by the sixth game of the regular season, he’ll be a Viking in 2018, at the same $1.354 million he’ll earn in 2017.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/05/05/teddy-bridgewater-may-not-be-a-free-agent-in-2018/

and since if he is on the PUP list to start the season, and would then be required to remain on it for a minimum of six games, if he starts there then the contract tolls automatically.

i know other guys have already stated this but it's sinking in for me now because of its simplicity.

Brz for the win!

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like we may get Teddy under contract for cheap after all in 2018. Just keep him on PUP. I wonder how Teddys camp responds as we move through the regular season. The Vikes absolutely don't need Teddy in 2017 and have a very valid excuse to not let him on the roster.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it Vikings or NFL doctors that would need to clear him [for on field] ?

Assuming its the Vikings, has a player requested a non team official to do it?

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
Seems like we may get Teddy under contract for cheap after all in 2018. Just keep him on PUP. I wonder how Teddys camp responds as we move through the regular season. The Vikes absolutely don't need Teddy in 2017 and have a very valid excuse to not let him on the roster.

What happens if Bradford plays poorly or gets hurt?

To that extent, I think we'd absolutely need Teddy, instead of relying on Case Keenum.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

To that extent, I think we'd absolutely need Teddy, instead of relying on Case Keenum.

But if Teddy starts the season on PUP, then I think that you can consider keeping him on the list for the whole year (and I do suspect he'll start the season on the list). It'll depend on how well the Vikings are doing then if they would need to take him off of the PUP list.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
I do suspect he'll start the season on the list.

i'm not sure i can think of any good reason NOT to have him on the list for game 1, therefor through Game 6.

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

But if Teddy starts the season on PUP, then I think that you can consider keeping him on the list for the whole year (and I do suspect he'll start the season on the list). It'll depend on how well the Vikings are doing then if they would need to take him off of the PUP list.

I agree he should start the season on the PUP, but I think we may need him at some point in 2017

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings declined an expensive fifth-year option for injured quarterback Teddy Bridgewater this week, but head coach Mike Zimmer said he’s “probably more optimistic” than he’s ever been about Bridgewater eventually returning to the field.

Bridgewater, nine months removed from his left leg separating at the knee and tearing multiple ligaments, has been rehabbing at the Winter Park training facilities while his teammates have begun the first few weeks of the offseason program.

“I love Teddy Bridgewater,” Zimmer said Friday during the team’s rookie minicamp. “The guy is working his rear end off and continues to fight every single day. Everything about him, when he’s rehabbing and doing the work he has to do is the exact same way he approaches life, so. I’m excited.

“I’m probably more optimistic now about him potentially playing than I have at any point in time. But he still has a long way to go.”

http://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer-probably-more-optimistic-about-teddy-bridgewaters-possible-return/421469213/

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
I do suspect he'll start the season on the list.

i'm not sure i can think of any good reason NOT to have him on the list for game 1, therefor through Game 6.

What if Teddy feels he is ready and doesn't want to be put on PUP.

Teddy gives up way too much money to simply be quiet and go on the PUP list, if he is ready. (Ready, but still behind Bradford)

Could get messy.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Teddy really has no say in the matter; if it comes to that.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
Purplexing

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

Signing Keenum with Heinicke under contract is a clear signal that TB will be kept on PUP through game 6. Doing so gives Brzezinski leverage in re-signing Bradford, if they so choose. TB would be under contract through 2018 at a low salary cap number, so SB couldn't leverage his position as the only reasonable QB option for 2018.

Only if two QBs were lost to injury in the first 5 games would there be a chance for TB to be taken off PUP before game 6.

TB may not be happy with that situation, but it's allowed per the CBA. He has no leverage. The negotiators of the CBA understood that possible scenario and agreed to it.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Purplexing wrote:
Signing Keenum with Heinicke under contract is a clear signal that TB will be kept on PUP through game 6.

No it's not. It's simply insurance in case Bridgewater's not ready. If Bridgewater's healthy, he has to be taken off PUP...no matter who else is on the roster.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

Absolutely no say? Sounds like something his camp/agent could/would talk to the NFLPA about, about getting an independent evaluator.

I'm not sure I'd say he has no say.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CriminalMind wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Absolutely no say? Sounds like something his camp/agent could/would talk to the NFLPA about, about getting an independent evaluator.

I'm not sure I'd say he has no say.

Any examples of this happening? I can't think of any.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 76 of 83

Jump to: