You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General New - Bucs Edition V4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
So apparently Noah Spence is down to about 240lbs. Is he gonna start at SLB like Vic Beasley? I thought the plan was for him to get closer to 270lbs so he can take over as a full time DE once Ayers goes.

thats the only logical thing i can think of
but isnt he terrible in coverage?

David , Kwon, Spence??

Jacky Smith could probably stand up.

I guess I expected Spence to be closer to 255-260. Freeney and Mathis played at 240 for the Colts. So I guess it could work.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spence has apparently added muscle while getting rid of fat, so it'll be interesting to see whether his performance improves despite seeming light for a 3 down DE.

It probably signals that we'll be using a lot more 3-4 this season with Spence as the EDGE. That said, I'm sure he can contribute with his hand in the dirt, given that he's a speed rusher anyway.

I just cant see him being moved to SLB - it's a position we don't really use and it looks like Bond v Beckwith for that spot. On the other hand, this could be Smith's way of getting the "best guys" on the field during rushing downs.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We haven't had a DE this light since Patrick Chuckwarah. It's going to be interesting to see how we use him this year.
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
So apparently Noah Spence is down to about 240lbs. Is he gonna start at SLB like Vic Beasley? I thought the plan was for him to get closer to 270lbs so he can take over as a full time DE once Ayers goes.

David , Kwon, Spence??

I guess I expected Spence to be closer to 255-260. Freeney and Mathis played at 240 for the Colts. So I guess it could work.

there are LBs bigger than 240.... that can actually cover
idk ive always not been a fan of tiny DEs

we'll see how it works
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
We haven't had a DE this light since Patrick Chuckwarah. It's going to be interesting to see how we use him this year.

Wow. There's a name I haven't heard in a loooooong time.
ABucNBradenton

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LazyBoyFil wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
LazyBoyFil wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

David , Kwon, Spence??

there are LBs bigger than 240.... that can actually cover
idk ive always not been a fan of tiny DEs

we'll see how it works

I feel like the reports of him losing weight are false. according to his own Instagram post he has dropped body fat percentage but he says same weight.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABucNBradenton wrote:
I feel like the reports of him losing weight are false. according to his own Instagram post he has dropped body fat percentage but he says same weight.

Yeah. Saw that he said he only lost a couple pounds. So that's good. He's still around 250. I saw reports saying he was down to 235-240. Laughing
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To absolutely nobody's surprise.

Quote:
Dirk Koetter will continue to call the Buccaneers’ offensive plays
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-defense-multiple-but-staying-in-4-3-base-coach-says/2324395

Quote:
"I don't know who (is) speculating that," Hayes said. "We have the potential to do a lot of multiple things. Smitty (DC Mike Smith) has always had multiple packages. Is there a chance we could have a look that looks like a 3-4? Potentially, sure. For us to wholesale change and be a 3-4, I don't see that happening. We're always going to be a multiple front."

"When we have the types of athletes we have with Noah Spences and Jacquies Smiths and Ryan Russells and those types of guys. we're going to move people all around," Hayes said. "We're going to rush people, we're going to drop people, we're going to keep people on edge and not let them get a guage on swho is our guy. The NFL today, you have to do those things to be effective."

4-3 Over will likely be our bread and butter this year, as it was last year, but I could see Spence lining up as the SAM when we flip to a 4-3 Under front. Depending on who we line up at strongside DE this could look like a 3-4. For example:

SLB: Spence
LDE: Baker
NT: Stevie T
UT: McCoy
RDE: Ayers

I did find it interesting that Hayes mentioned Ryan Russell in the same sentence as Spence and Jacquies. He could be a name to keep an eye on this offseason. He certainly flashed some ability in a handful of games last year.
indifference

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it looks like the Bucs have signed Ryan Fitpatrick to be the clipboard holder as back-up QB. Probably the best option out there so I'm content.
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
So it looks like the Bucs have signed Ryan Fitpatrick to be the clipboard holder as back-up QB. Probably the best option out there so I'm content.

So much for the confidence in Ryan Griffin. I like the move though. Fitzpatrick can keep you .500 if he had to play for any significant stretch (2 or more games)...

Rammy on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
drew39k

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
indifference wrote:

So much for the confidence in Ryan Griffin. I like the move though. Fitzpatrick can keep you .500 if he had to play for any significant stretch (2 or more games)...

Just pray fitzy never has to start for you guys. He is awful.
Technically yes... BUT by laws of playoff football, The Andrew Lucks lost to the Quarterbackbowl 47 winning Joe Flaccos. Whereas the Russel Wilsons lost to the Matt Ryans, who didnt even beat the Colin Kaepernicks.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
indifference wrote:

Its kinda hard to be good when playing for the jets

Adopt-a-Buc Kwon Alexander 90 Tackles, 7 Tackles for Loss, 3 Sacks, 1 INT
kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drew39k wrote:
kgarrett12486 wrote:
indifference wrote:

I think we all pray that a veteran back-up QB never has to start. Majority of them are usually garbage and just living off their name or past accomplishments...

I think our offense has enough weapons that we could go .500 god forbid if something happens to Jameis for a short stretch...

Rammy on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
LazyBoyFil

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:

ERWA;JOIGNAFJOINA;OI

this spells DOOM

Let me start off by saying this.
I've always been a Fitzmagic fan, always thought he was under rated, & thought it was cool he was from Harvard.

But everywhere he has gone , he has started games. Rams, Bengals, Bill, Titans, Texans, Jets
EVERYWHERE

so everywhere he goes the starter gets hurt
its ridiculous

hes always been a decent back up , but hes always had to start!

does the trend continue??? i sure hope not , but I'd have to say that now I'm worried

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 63, 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 64 of 66

Jump to: