You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General New - Bucs Edition V4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64, 65, 66  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/01/steve-duemig-doug-martin-suspended/#more-172100

So apparently we knew all along that Martin had a drug problem. I'm disappointed that we paid this guy if we were aware and also that we've apparently given him good money despite a failed drug test.

The fact we've stuck with him before suggest that we will look to bring him back if he turns it around, but this seems like a good opportunity to cut ties with a perennial under achiever.

So this guy is not only a complete joke on the field but now we all find out he's just as big of a clown off of it as well Laughing

It's only seven mil right... maybe it's worth it to keep him around to be a good example and show guys what not to be like. I mean they paid Jackson $12,000,000 this season to mentor the WR room.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
indifference

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
We may have missed the playoffs, but we did have a bunch of guys lead or almost lead the league in stats. Like:

Arrow Cameron Brate lead all TEs with eight TDs.
Arrow Mike Evans' 12 TDs were second to only Jordy Nelson. He tied Antonio Brown and Devante Adams.
Arrow Mike Evans blew everyone away with his 81 receiving first downs. T.Y. Hilton was second with 66.
Arrow Brent Grimes lead the league with 24 passes defensed. DRC was next with 21.
Arrow Kwon Alexander lead the league with 108 solo tackles. The next closest player (and only other guy in triple digits) was Landon Collins at 100.
Arrow Lavonte David lead the league with 17 tackles for loss, tying Joey Bosa, Olivier Vernon, Aaron Donald, and Cam Jordan.

And my favorite
Arrow We lead the league in third down defense at 34.4% (67/195). Baltimore was next best at 35%.
David had an underrated season against the run. But, that whiff on Ingram on third and short ended our season. He really needs to step up his play. He's now entering his prime this season so we'll see.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bucsnation.com/2017/1/5/14180096/buccaneers-derel-walker-cfl-receiver

Quote:
The Bucs’ newest addition was a star receiver for the Edmonton Eskimos in the Canadian Football League the past two years. He put a whopping 198 catches for 2,699 yards and 16 touchdowns in 30 games. Walker won a Grey Cup and was named the CFL’s Most Outstanding Rookie in 2015.

He was just impressive in 2016, coming in second in the entire CFL with 109 catches for 1,589 yards and 10 touchdowns. As in: he ranked second in each of those categories. Pretty impressive for a 25-year old who went undrafted in 2014 after spending his college career at Texas A&M, playing on the same team as Mike Evans.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVAfn4ncu-U&sns=em

Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey why not? That's great production but not against NFL talent. If he can be an improvement over Shep or Martino then go for it, but I like what Martino did in limited action last year.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
nathan004

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mike Smith leaves I wonder what Gus Bradleys availability is. I think we still promote from within, but I like the thought of having someone who helped form the legion of boom involved in the continued growth of this defense.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Mark Dominik just said the Jaguars have "honed in our their guy," and are done interviewing. The guy we are hiring is a defensive minded coach.

Now, considering Dominik spent how long in your guys's organization AND the fact that Smith was the only defensive minded guy we interviewed. I'm going to assume Mike Smith is the next head coach the Jaguars.

I'd imagine he brings Duffner with him as DC considering Duffner was in Jacksonville all those years. Who knows for sure though.

El Ramster on the sig
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys quick question. Does Mike Glennon have any real potential to be even a mid range starter in the NFL. A couple of people in the Browns forum have bought up his name and been shot down in flames. But I thought I would ask the people that will know him best.

Thanks in advance I will check back latter for replys

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
Hey guys quick question. Does Mike Glennon have any real potential to be even a mid range starter in the NFL. A couple of people in the Browns forum have bought up his name and been shot down in flames. But I thought I would ask the people that will know him best.

I still think he could be an Alex Smith-type QB. But he's gonna need good pieces around him. Which he might have in Cleveland.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Well, Mark Dominik just said the Jaguars have "honed in our their guy," and are done interviewing. The guy we are hiring is a defensive minded coach.

Now, considering Dominik spent how long in your guys's organization AND the fact that Smith was the only defensive minded guy we interviewed. I'm going to assume Mike Smith is the next head coach the Jaguars.

I'd imagine he brings Duffner with him as DC considering Duffner was in Jacksonville all those years. Who knows for sure though.

Pretty much all the defensive coaches were brought in last year. Standard protocol is assistants get 2 year deals. The Bucs could block any assistants under contract. IMO, they're going to promote from within to fill the void. Duffner is certainly a candidate in Tampa.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:

Not a starter by any means. His pocket awareness is bad and he lacks athletic ability to evade pressure. Once the pocket collapses Mike Glennon is going down on a sack. He has a good arm and nice touch when given time to set his feet but once they go after him he crumbles.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:

There are 0 ties with Mark Dominik in this current organization. That said, the relationship between Smith and your current GM David Caldwell has more to do with it then anything. Not sure that Duffner leaves if TB offers him the DC job. I think Spicer is gone though for sure.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

I still think he could be an Alex Smith-type QB. But he's gonna need good pieces around him. Which he might have in Cleveland.

I agree.

For a guy with the heavy feet label I thought he moved well inside the pocket. Between the numbers he throws a very nice ball. Anything deep on the outside is where he seems to struggle. He protects the ball well. When he was given he ball he was given trash to work with.

Hue was able to work well with Dalton, I think Glennon isn't that far off.

ravishingone

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schefter reporting Tom Coughlin will be a VP of football operations and Doug Marrone will be the new head coach of the Jags. The Bill Parcells tree is firmly planted in Jacksonville. Wow.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Schefter reporting Tom Coughlin will be a VP of football operations and Doug Marrone will be the new head coach of the Jags. The Bill Parcells tree is firmly planted in Jacksonville. Wow.

Mike Smith remains a Buc for at least another day. Very Happy
nathan004

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:

I agree.

For a guy with the heavy feet label I thought he moved well inside the pocket. Between the numbers he throws a very nice ball. Anything deep on the outside is where he seems to struggle. He protects the ball well. When he was given he ball he was given trash to work with.

Hue was able to work well with Dalton, I think Glennon isn't that far off.

Honestly, my best non-bias attempt here would say that he isn't vastly underrated as a #2 or potential starter but given the chance and long term support I do think he's capable of becoming a legitimate starter in this league. He just isn't here right now. He's never gotten the support of his coaches. Been in the dreaded Bucs coach/scheme carousel since he arrived and his one target was a rookie when he got most of a season in.

I think most guys here nailed it with his breakdown. Smart kid. Knows how to read a defense and run an offense. Strong arm. Problems outside the pocket or overall awareness and his deep ball has distance but needs work on timing. He's a project still for me but I put him above guys like Cutler, Siemian, Osweiler. Not by much.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 64, 65, 66  Next
Page 49 of 66

Jump to: