Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General New - Bucs Edition V4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
According to Koetter, we're bringing in competition for Aguayo. And if Aguayo doesn't improve/win the competition, he's gone. Koetter said he doesn't care where we drafted him.

So that's good. Sucks that we traded up for a kicker that hasn't been able to kick. But I'm glad that we're willing to move on if we need to rather than keep him because of when we drafted him.
Because he knows next year we need to be in the playoffs and Aguayo kicking can literally keep us out at this rate. The expectations have been raised and the fan base is ready for post season play. Our special team play was great minus the kicking part. The way this team has progressed anything short of a 10 win season next year would be a disappointment.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:
According to Koetter, we're bringing in competition for Aguayo. And if Aguayo doesn't improve/win the competition, he's gone. Koetter said he doesn't care where we drafted him.

So that's good. Sucks that we traded up for a kicker that hasn't been able to kick. But I'm glad that we're willing to move on if we need to rather than keep him because of when we drafted him.
Because he knows next year we need to be in the playoffs and Aguayo kicking can literally keep us out at this rate. The expectations have been raised and the fan base is ready for post season play. Our special team play was great minus the kicking part. The way this team has progressed anything short of a 10 win season next year would be a disappointment.

I'm good with competition at kicker. May the best man win. Good kickers frequently don't end up having success for the teams they initially signed with out of college. Matt Bryant was cut by at least two other two teams before signing with the Bucs. I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Blair Walsh brought in for competition.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
indifference wrote:
bucsfan333 wrote:

I'm good with competition at kicker. May the best man win. Good kickers frequently don't end up having success for the teams they initially signed with out of college. Matt Bryant was cut by at least two other two teams before signing with the Bucs. I wouldn't mind seeing a guy like Blair Walsh brought in for competition.

Careful what you wish for. Let's just hope Aguayo become lights out this offseason.

Smack ^
Make Tampa Famous, Jameis!
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000768870/article/nfl-power-rankings-giants-up-raiders-down-entering-playoffs

Final power rankings of the season by NFL.com. They got us ranked #12. I know these never mean too much but I just like the comment they made about us.

Quote:
There is truth in fiction, but the final tally shows 9-7 -- maybe the best team in the NFL not invited to the postseason tournament.

Aye Cool
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8337/mike-smith

Quote:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Bucs DC Mike Smith will interview for the Chargers' head-coaching vacancy.

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
.Buzz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Starting at the 10:13 mark of the following video, which you can access on YouTube, Peter Schrager discusses the Jaguars HC opening. He's of the opinion that Mike Smith is the most likely candidate to become the next Jaguars HC.

Mike Francesa with Peter Schrager (Jan. 3, 2017)

Saw this elsewhere. Seems like you guys are highly interested in what happens with Mike Smith. Seems like he is a pretty solid bet for JAX.

El Ramster on the sig
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koetter's already planning on who we promote, if (when) Smith leaves. And it sounds like he's already making calls to fill the vacancy after the shuffle.

Adopt-a-Buc Mike Evans 96 RECs 1,321 YDs 12 TDs
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.Buzz wrote:
Quote:
Starting at the 10:13 mark of the following video, which you can access on YouTube, Peter Schrager discusses the Jaguars HC opening. He's of the opinion that Mike Smith is the most likely candidate to become the next Jaguars HC.

Mike Francesa with Peter Schrager (Jan. 3, 2017)

Saw this elsewhere. Seems like you guys are highly interested in what happens with Mike Smith. Seems like he is a pretty solid bet for JAX.

I don't have any doubt Mike Smith is worthy of getting a second chance as a head coach. The concern for us as fans is finally the team appears to be turning the corner. Selfishly, we would like to see continuity continue on the coaching staff and finally get the team back in the playoffs.

I'm pretty confident the team is going to promote from within. So the principles and terminology of the defense won't change, just the play calling in theory. We're just not used to seeing our assistants be in demand for a head coaching postion in a long time. Very Happy
indifference

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Koetter's already planning on who we promote, if (when) Smith leaves. And it sounds like he's already making calls to fill the vacancy after the shuffle.
Good. I don't think it would be a wise decision to bring in a new d co. Because that guy would have to hire his own staff and we'd be learning a new system yet again. Promote from within and keep the same defensive principles. Hoke and Duffner are the only ones on the current staff that has play calling experience.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm impressed that Koetter is even going to consider giving up play calling duties in his year end review. I believe it is more likely he will if Mike Smith leaves. Also, he mentioned how he likes the guys he has for an oline and it will be about getting the 5 best guys playing together. I've been beating the drum for oline help. It sure sounds like this won't be happening with a lot of money spent in free agency or early in the draft. However, it does sound like he is willing to move starters around. I think a lot will depend on Sweezy and there apparently is a lot of love for Benenoch. With him getting to camp late and then being injured early in preseason impeded his development.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My concern with Mike smith leaving is who he takes with him. Paul spicer might be gone as a pairing.

Maybe that is why Koetter is thinking of relieving the play call duties to our OC. Smith could make certain promises. Things will get interesting but my prediction is smith may prefer San Diego if he gets offered the job.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
My concern with Mike smith leaving is who he takes with him. Paul spicer might be gone as a pairing.

Maybe that is why Koetter is thinking of relieving the play call duties to our OC. Smith could make certain promises. Things will get interesting but my prediction is smith may prefer San Diego if he gets offered the job.

I didn't get the notion that he was too keen to give it up in the first place. It sounded more like he wanted to try to spread some of his other work around to our other coaches and skip things that weren't as necessary; he brought up sitting in on meetings that he didn't speak in.

He also said that every head coach that gives up playcalling eventually takes it back.

Buc Ball

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/01/steve-duemig-doug-martin-suspended/#more-172100

So apparently we knew all along that Martin had a drug problem. I'm disappointed that we paid this guy if we were aware and also that we've apparently given him good money despite a failed drug test.

The fact we've stuck with him before suggest that we will look to bring him back if he turns it around, but this seems like a good opportunity to cut ties with a perennial under achiever.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
http://www.joebucsfan.com/2017/01/steve-duemig-doug-martin-suspended/#more-172100

So apparently we knew all along that Martin had a drug problem. I'm disappointed that we paid this guy if we were aware and also that we've apparently given him good money despite a failed drug test.

The fact we've stuck with him before suggest that we will look to bring him back if he turns it around, but this seems like a good opportunity to cut ties with a perennial under achiever.

We had a clause that voids his guarantees. So we're not obligated to keep/pay him. But I think you're right. He'll be here next year.

bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may have missed the playoffs, but we did have a bunch of guys lead or almost lead the league in stats. Like:

Arrow Cameron Brate lead all TEs with eight TDs.
Arrow Mike Evans' 12 TDs were second to only Jordy Nelson. He tied Antonio Brown and Devante Adams.
Arrow Mike Evans blew everyone away with his 81 receiving first downs. T.Y. Hilton was second with 66.
Arrow Brent Grimes lead the league with 24 passes defensed. DRC was next with 21.
Arrow Kwon Alexander lead the league with 108 solo tackles. The next closest player (and only other guy in triple digits) was Landon Collins at 100.
Arrow Lavonte David lead the league with 17 tackles for loss, tying Joey Bosa, Olivier Vernon, Aaron Donald, and Cam Jordan.

And my favorite
Arrow We lead the league in third down defense at 34.4% (67/195). Baltimore was next best at 35%.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 48 of 53

Jump to: