Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Raiders Stuff Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Random Raiders Stuff Thread Reply with quote

Still can't believe the season is already over and I have to make this thread again. Urgg. Anyways, post stuff here that might not require its own thread.

Quote:
@PFF

Derek Carr and Tom Brady ended season tied for most drops suffered in NFL with 44. Amari Cooper alone had 18

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
RaidersAreOne

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@JoshDubowAP

With Carr, Del Rio in place, #Raiders could have same opening day QB/coach in b2b seasons for 1st time since Gannon/Callahan in 02-03

Funny yet depressing.

#JihadWard
RaidersAreOne

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/13/pro-pffs-most-improved-players-in-2015/

David Amerson tops PFF’s award list for Most Improved Player

Quote:
Winner

David Amerson, CB, Oakland Raiders

Amerson was the Redskins’ second-round pick in 2013, and saw the field in every game during his rookie season. He struggled with consistency throughout the year, and finished with a relatively low coverage grade, which placed him 92nd out of 110 cornerbacks. Last season his coverage grade dropped even further, and he slid all the way down to 106th at his position. Amerson was released after Week 1 this season, and was subsequently picked up by the Raiders, where he’s been a completely different player ever since.

The former NC State standout posted a positive production grade in 2015, despite being targeted 104 times (sixth-most among NFL CBs). On those targets, he allowed just 58 completions and one touchdown. He tied for fifth overall with 13 passes defensed, and also picked off four passes. Last season, he allowed more completions (61) on fewer targets (91), and an NFL-high 10 touchdowns when targeted. Quarterbacks had a 140.2 rating when targeting Amerson in 2014; this season, that number has dropped to 62.7. His improvements have brought him up to an 83.4 overall grade, good for 15th out of all cornerbacks this season.

Quote:

Third runner-up

Derek Carr, QB, Oakland Raiders

Carr finished with our second-worst overall production grade last season. He’s jumped all the way up to 10th this season, with an 81.6 overall grade. Carr has made improvements across the board, but the most obvious improvement was his higher efficiency when throwing the ball downfield. On 71 deep passes last season, Carr managed just 15 completions and two touchdowns. This season—on four fewer deep passes (67)—he has 25 completions and an astounding 12 touchdowns.

#JihadWard
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2016/01/13/pro-pffs-most-improved-players-in-2015/

David Amerson tops PFF’s award list for Most Improved Player

Quote:
Winner

David Amerson, CB, Oakland Raiders

Amerson was the Redskins’ second-round pick in 2013, and saw the field in every game during his rookie season. He struggled with consistency throughout the year, and finished with a relatively low coverage grade, which placed him 92nd out of 110 cornerbacks. Last season his coverage grade dropped even further, and he slid all the way down to 106th at his position. Amerson was released after Week 1 this season, and was subsequently picked up by the Raiders, where he’s been a completely different player ever since.

The former NC State standout posted a positive production grade in 2015, despite being targeted 104 times (sixth-most among NFL CBs). On those targets, he allowed just 58 completions and one touchdown. He tied for fifth overall with 13 passes defensed, and also picked off four passes. Last season, he allowed more completions (61) on fewer targets (91), and an NFL-high 10 touchdowns when targeted. Quarterbacks had a 140.2 rating when targeting Amerson in 2014; this season, that number has dropped to 62.7. His improvements have brought him up to an 83.4 overall grade, good for 15th out of all cornerbacks this season.

Quote:

Third runner-up

Derek Carr, QB, Oakland Raiders

Carr finished with our second-worst overall production grade last season. He’s jumped all the way up to 10th this season, with an 81.6 overall grade. Carr has made improvements across the board, but the most obvious improvement was his higher efficiency when throwing the ball downfield. On 71 deep passes last season, Carr managed just 15 completions and two touchdowns. This season—on four fewer deep passes (67)—he has 25 completions and an astounding 12 touchdowns.

If he repeats next season then this could be a better reclamation project/player than rolling the dice on Aldon Smith Shocked

Feels good to have one CB on the team that's bona fide solid. Another year in the system might bring more improvements........Reggie just has to get somebody across from him Cool

“If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I’m uncoachable, I’m unsociable."
-Kendrick Lamar
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I may potentially (and this is very much still in the air) be moving to SF for a job, I still have to interview but I need to decide whether or not migrating is worth it to me. For those who would know, I've heard its very expensive, but what would I be looking at for a studio/1 bedroom apartment?

From my talks to people in the 49ers forum, most suggested north oakland or north of Oakland. Some suggested Temescal or Rockridge within Oakland as a relatively inexpensive place that would not be too difficult to commute into SF. I can drive or take the train, but the train is preferred.

Any tips or advice that I haven't asked about?

I appreciate it, guys!
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
So I may potentially (and this is very much still in the air) be moving to SF for a job, I still have to interview but I need to decide whether or not migrating is worth it to me. For those who would know, I've heard its very expensive, but what would I be looking at for a studio/1 bedroom apartment?

From my talks to people in the 49ers forum, most suggested north oakland or north of Oakland. Some suggested Temescal or Rockridge within Oakland as a relatively inexpensive place that would not be too difficult to commute into SF. I can drive or take the train, but the train is preferred.

I appreciate it, guys!

You can always try to live somewhere relatively close to a BART station. I would recommend East Bay for that reason. BART will take you to SF and there are multiple stops in the city. Not sure where your work would be... but yea look into that if you decide you do want to move out here.

I feel like it will be difficult to find a cheap place to live on your own.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin
RaidersAreOne

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trs6QM7w7zc

God Carr has so much arm talent. He makes such hard throws look routine. He truly has some of the best pure skill for a QB in the league. If he can cut out some of the stupid mistakes and work on consistency, we will have a very special QB.

#JihadWard
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:

I appreciate it, guys!

You can always try to live somewhere relatively close to a BART station. I would recommend East Bay for that reason. BART will take you to SF and there are multiple stops in the city. Not sure where your work would be... but yea look into that if you decide you do want to move out here.

Is Hayward a bad area? Looks to be relatively cheap and right near the BART.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:

I appreciate it, guys!

Stay away from Hayward.
DirtyHarry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
TankWilliams wrote:

I appreciate it, guys!

Try Fremont Bart goes all the way there I believe.

JonesDrew32 wrote:
38-10 Chargers

This game should definitely bring some lulz from the Raiders side.
RaidersAreOne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 Raiders on the Super Bowl 50 Gold team. Upshaw, Shell and Guy all cracked the list.

#JihadWard
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerning news re Mario Edwards. His neck injury is possibly genetic.

http://www.todayspigskin.com/pigskin-news/raiders-general-manager-comments-on-health-of-mario-edwards-jr/
http://oak.247sports.com/Bolt/Mario-Edwards-Jrs-injury-revealed-pre-existing-neck-issue-43388313
NightTrainLane

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Concerning news re Mario Edwards. His neck injury is possibly genetic.

http://www.todayspigskin.com/pigskin-news/raiders-general-manager-comments-on-health-of-mario-edwards-jr/
http://oak.247sports.com/Bolt/Mario-Edwards-Jrs-injury-revealed-pre-existing-neck-issue-43388313

I know nothing is decided yet but...*sigh* we didn't need to add to the needs of the team going into the offseason but it looks like we have with this and Tuck officially retiring.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hayden on 95.7 the game. He talked about needing to get a lot better. I hope he can take it to heart and somehow contribute next year. Not counting on it though. He's been a bum as of late.

Yo buddy quit trolling yeah.
Trojan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parts of Hayward are fine, same with Concord/Pleasant Hill. Dublin is pretty nice and although expensive it's cheaper than city rent. Walnut Creek is nice, but expensive near Antioch/Pleasant Hill. All of those in the East Bay have Bart. Antioch/Walnut Creek/Berkeley/Oakland train goes direct to SF, while Hayward/Dublin you have to transfer if I remember the maps right.

Location of work in SF is also a big deal, Bart goes to many areas but not everywhere.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: