Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wheelin', Dealin' Thielen (re-signs in Minny, p.5)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dolmonite26

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bug009 wrote:
Dolmonite26 wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
Illadelegend215 wrote:
Heimdallr wrote:
If I had to choose between Thielen and Diggs, I would pick Thielen.

I'm taking diggs. Thielen is really good, but I think Diggs has the skills to be a special player.

I'm not sure what skills Diggs has that Thielen doesn't.

DIGGS (combine)
6"0", 195 (listed at 191 now)
40-yard = 4.46 s
20-yard = 2.58 s
vertical = 35"
broad = 9'7"
shuttle = 4.32 s
3-cone = 7.03 s

THIELEN (pro day)
6"1", 192 (listed at 200 now)
40-yard = 4.49 s
20-yard = 2.54 s
vertical = 36"
broad = 10'0"
shuttle = 4.49 s
3-cone = 6.77 s

Thielen is bigger, more physical, has stronger hands, and has been much more durable. I would say Diggs is a bit better at running routes.

Only point of note is that pro days are well....pro days, the numbers might be a little inflated. And i could be wrong but Diggs may have been hurt during his combine workout.

Secondly Diggs is clearly a more explosive athlete on the field

Bottom line is they're both two very promising wide receivers, why bother doing the whole whose better song and dance?

Thielen's #s there are from a regional combine not a pro day. Underrated athleticism -- what a surprise.

Subtle...

Regardless my only point is that despite the similarity in their workouts, its pretty clear when on the field that Diggs is a more explosive athlete. Which of course. Doesn't automatically mean he's the better receiver.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the quality of the OL, I think it is reasonable to ask if they should trade one of the WRs (with, say, a draft pick to move up or get a vet).

Me? Hmmmm.....

I don't think I deal:
Diggs
Thielen
Patterson

Anyone else I would consider dealing from the WR group, including Rudolph. You'd really be selling low on Treadwell at this point.....
TENINCH

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep Theilen, Patterson and Diggs. This will give them time to continue to develop Treadwell and Boehringer. Wright is as good as gone and Charles Johnson should be also.
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From last page:
CriminalMind wrote:
There 4 main ways to improve a roster:

In chronological order:

1) Free Agent Signings - I'm not expecting anything better then average, medium impact &/or low impact [for this year].

2) Trades - Who with any value, would you recommend we trade to actually improve the roster.

3) Draft/UDFA - take a chance, and see if your evaluations are good.

4) Organic Growth - An existing player becomes better, thru workouts and training in the offseason.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bug009 wrote:
Thielen's #s there are from a regional combine not a pro day. Underrated athleticism -- what a surprise.

Not a surprise if you watched him in college.

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Thielen, who is a Restricted Free Agent, says he is looking to stick in Minnesota for the long haul, but also understands that he earned a significant raise. Quarterback Sam Bradford and Thielen found chemistry this season as the undrafted receiver from Mankato caught 69 passes for 967 yards and five touchdowns. He was also rated in the top 20 receivers by Pro Football Focus.

Thielen: “Being able to put the film out there that I did and prove that I can be a starter in this league, it’s put me in a good situation. Now I’m just hoping that things can work out and I can be respected in that type of way because I feel like I proved it and hopefully I can stay here long term and be respected with the way they handle me. There’s a lot that goes into it. It’s a pretty complex deal but for me, I’m just leaving it to my agent and let me just go work and focus on training and be the best football player I can.”

Other teams will be able to submit offer sheets for Thielen, though the Vikings will likely tender him an offer, which means that the Vikings can match any offer and any opponent who wants to sign Thielen would have to give draft pick compensation to do so.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2017/02/rfa-thielen-looking-respected-vikings-contract-talks/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Philly needs a receiver. Maybe we give Thielen a 1st round tender and we get our 1st round pick back!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you definitely need to give him the 1st-round tender this year, and then give him an extension during the season.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Well Philly needs a receiver. Maybe we give Thielen a 1st round tender and we get our 1st round pick back!

Or they could just use their own first round pick on a wide receiver and not have to pay him near as much as they would pay Thielen.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Or they could just use their own first round pick on a wide receiver and not have to pay him near as much as they would pay Thielen.

If they are around Rolling Eyes if San Fran takes one at 2 I am highly doubting it. Williams really isn't going to be a great fit for them also. Best case scenario would be hoping Davis somehow can end up falling.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
NorthCountryEvo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heimdallr wrote:
I think you definitely need to give him the 1st-round tender this year, and then give him an extension during the season.

So with the RFA tender, does that mean a pick is given up this year or next? Either way, I think I would only go as high as a 2nd round tender on Adam. He really looked great last year, and has been an awesome contributor in multiple facets on thins team, and beyond Diggs, we don't have a lot of WR prowess on this team (though CP brought some excitement back last season, Treadwell hopefully develops, and Wright is a decent slot), but if we lost him to a larger deal than is really warranted, I think a 2nd round pick would be very helpful.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts, and I looked and behold, a Pale Horse...

And his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him."

NSDQ
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd want a first for Thielen if I'm to lose him in FA. He was our best WR last year and anything less than a first just isn't worth it and creates another hole that Patterson and Treadwell haven't shown they can fill.

I'd give Thielen the first round tender and extend him during the season if he keeps Treadwell or Patterson on the bench as the third WR.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I can get a 2nd round pick for Thielen I take it in a heart beat, I like the guy he works hard and makes some incredible catches but we have a lot of money to dump into more key players in the coming years. Diggs, Rhodes, Kendricks, Hunter and maybe Barr are all going to cost big bucks.
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BWG VIKE wrote:
If I can get a 2nd round pick for Thielen I take it in a heart beat, I like the guy he works hard and makes some incredible catches but we have a lot of money to dump into more key players in the coming years. Diggs, Rhodes, Kendricks, Hunter and maybe Barr are all going to cost big bucks.

We have plenty of money to do that. It really doesn't hurt as bad as some would think.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way am I taking a second round pick for Thielen.

2017 Aggregate Draft Board

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: