You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 Giants Opponents/Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12128
Location: USA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants have had a losing record for 3 straight seasons, let's try to get over .500
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 2602
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
A 12-4 season would be amazeballs. But I just don't see it. I like your enthusiasm though. I'll gladly eat crow if you're right. Cool


It is a stretch considering the changes we are going through but I just cant see us losing to a lot of these teams. Browns, lions, ravens, rams and arguably saints should be 5 wins alone. Then hypothetically we split all our division games that puts us at 8-3. Lose to the Bengals (which isnt even a guarantee after the hit their offense took this offenses but for arguments sake we lose) steelers and Vikings. Thatís 8-6. I think the bears (their defense plays tough and adding freeman and trevathan help) and packers will be split. So I think 9-7 10-6 is fair. MAYBE we pull an upset against one of the ones I listed as loss, and finish closer to 11-5.


My thought is with a schedule this light and our division not making many improvements outside of us we SHOULD have a winning record. It starts and ends with ur front 7. Vernon Harrison Hankins JPP is much different than ayers hankins Kuhn wynn. On paper at least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WiscoBlue21


Joined: 09 Jan 2014
Posts: 711
Location: Wisconsin
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
I'll be ecstatic if we come out of that first 6 week span at 3-3

But realistically right now I see it something like..

at Dallas L
vs. Saints L
vs Skins W
at Vikes L
at Pack L
vs Ravens W

at Rams W
Bye
vs Eagles W
vs Bengals L
vs Bears W
at Browns W
at Steelers L
vs Cowboys W
vs Lions W
at Eagles W
at Skins W

9-7 and that's contingent on a Philly and Wash sweep which is unlikely. I know win percentage wise we have one of the easier schedules but certainly doesn't feel easy to me.. also that Saints game is winnable but we just don't seem to play them very well.



at Dallas L
Should have swept them last year and we didn't this time it's their home opener with Romo back, we lose a close game.

vs. Saints W
Saints aren't a very good team..period. Defense is terrible and our first home game with this pass rush against a team that is completely different away from the dome.

vs Skins W
We don't lose to the Skins at home and they aren't as good as people are making them out to be.

at Vikes L
I was there last year when we got smacked and I saw a Minnesota team that is just flat out better than us at a lot of positions.

at Pack L
I will be at this game!!! Regardless, the Packers are coming off their bye week and that isn't good to give Rodgers two weeks to prepare and we are coming off a short week.

vs Ravens W
I don't think this team is that much better than us for me to say we will for sure lose this one at home. Steve Smith and Kamar Aiken are the only offensive threats and I think we can score on that defense.

at Rams W
No a real home game and unless Wentz or Goff are the next Andrew Luck then I don't see how they beat us.

Bye

vs Eagles L
They are always a thorn in our side and we turn the ball over like an average of 4 times a game when we play them at home for some reason.

vs Bengals W
What everyone will call an upset and that one game a year we win when everyone thinks we have no shot.

vs Bears W
Bears aren't a very good team, will be closer then we want it but we usually play down to our competition...especially after a good win the week before.

at Browns W
I don't think I have to explain this very much..we're better than they are in almost every position.

at Steelers L
The toughest game of the year...maybe a win if Big Ben is out due to injury (very possible)

vs Cowboys W
Redemption game...Romo might not even be playing and we aren't going to let them get away with one in our house.

vs Lions W
Lions are a bad road team and I believe we are just better then they are

at Eagles L
We always play like crap in Philly

at Skins W
For the division...we find a way to win and sweep the Skins

10-6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
at Dallas W
vs. Saints W
vs Skins W
at Vikes L
at Pack W (we always play them well and they arent as strong as years past)
vs Ravens W

at Rams W
Bye
vs Eagles W
vs Bengals L
vs Bears W
at Browns W
at Steelers L
vs Cowboys W
vs Lions W
at Eagles W
at Skins L

Giants gonna sweep the Eagles? Think

That hasn't happened since the 2007 Giants team? Think

We've swept you guys the past 2 seasons? Think
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Go_Giants


Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Posts: 285
Location: New York City
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't we wait till the draft before predictions are made? This team still has a lot of holes on it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen


Joined: 20 Jul 2007
Posts: 17498
Location: Myyyyy precioussss
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
at Dallas W
vs. Saints W
vs Skins W
at Vikes L
at Pack W (we always play them well and they arent as strong as years past)
vs Ravens W

at Rams W
Bye
vs Eagles W
vs Bengals L
vs Bears W
at Browns W
at Steelers L
vs Cowboys W
vs Lions W
at Eagles W
at Skins L

Giants gonna sweep the Eagles? Think

That hasn't happened since the 2007 Giants team? Think

We've swept you guys the past 2 seasons? Think

It's long overdue.
_________________


scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
mattbags2313 wrote:
at Dallas W
vs. Saints W
vs Skins W
at Vikes L
at Pack W (we always play them well and they arent as strong as years past)
vs Ravens W

at Rams W
Bye
vs Eagles W
vs Bengals L
vs Bears W
at Browns W
at Steelers L
vs Cowboys W
vs Lions W
at Eagles W
at Skins L

Giants gonna sweep the Eagles? Think

That hasn't happened since the 2007 Giants team? Think

We've swept you guys the past 2 seasons? Think

It's long overdue.

I can't disagree with that, but you guys don't play your first game against us until week 9. By then half your team should be on the IR.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Giants wrote:
Can't we wait till the draft before predictions are made? This team still has a lot of holes on it.


It's just for fun man. We can't really make accurate predictions until after the 3rd week of pre-season as important players can be lost for the season *cough* Bradford *cough*.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattbags2313


Joined: 27 Oct 2009
Posts: 2602
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Go_Giants wrote:
Can't we wait till the draft before predictions are made? This team still has a lot of holes on it.


It's just for fun man. We can't really make accurate predictions until after the 3rd week of pre-season as important players can be lost for the season *cough* Bradford *cough*.



disregard that post it was lazy lol. see the one I posted after that. SPlit with you guys
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheRealMcCoy


Joined: 12 Aug 2011
Posts: 15498
Location: Inland Empire
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags2313 wrote:
TheRealMcCoy wrote:
Go_Giants wrote:
Can't we wait till the draft before predictions are made? This team still has a lot of holes on it.


It's just for fun man. We can't really make accurate predictions until after the 3rd week of pre-season as important players can be lost for the season *cough* Bradford *cough*.



disregard that post it was lazy lol. see the one I posted after that. SPlit with you guys


Ah okay that is more reasonable. I think we both win at home, but I wouldn't rule out another sweep for the Eagles against the Giants. It's not as likely with the defensive additions you guys made though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GEE MEN


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 4597
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we go 10-6. Every season is different for sure, but losing like 6 games when we were ahead in like the last 2 minutes or less of games is kind of crazy with the last place defense in the league. If our D was just average we may have pulled out a few more Ws.

I think that we sweep the Cowboys (Romo is one sneeze away from another broken clavicle) and the Eagles (they will have to adjust to new coach and offense just doesn't have the talent).
_________________


Desperado82 wrote:
I will never defend Romo again. I'm done. We may only have a shot at the playoffs or what have you because of him, but he will NEVER put us over the hump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shockey1979


Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 25333
Location: RI/MA
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shockey1979 wrote:
I'll be ecstatic if we come out of that first 6 week span at 3-3

But realistically right now I see it something like..

at Dallas L
vs. Saints L
vs Skins W
at Vikes L
at Pack L
vs Ravens W

at Rams W
Bye
vs Eagles W
vs Bengals L
vs Bears W
at Browns W
at Steelers L
vs Cowboys W
vs Lions W
at Eagles W
at Skins W

9-7 and that's contingent on a Philly and Wash sweep which is unlikely. I know win percentage wise we have one of the easier schedules but certainly doesn't feel easy to me.. also that Saints game is winnable but we just don't seem to play them very well.


Hmmn... I was wrong about the first 3 weeks and the Bengals game but I was spot on other that. Cool Cool Cool Cool
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redsoxsuck05


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 9628
Location: LI
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattbags was the optimistic one...and he might be spot on Shocked

nah but he doesn't even want us in the playoffs (I kid)
_________________



aceinthehouse wrote:
"I made this topic post because none of my crap comes true."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bagh


Joined: 13 Mar 2008
Posts: 9241
Location: Toronto, Ontario (That's Canada folks )
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was right to worry about the road games. 3 out 4 losses on the road.

Kind of has me worried about the first round of the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
minutemancl


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 14596
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagh wrote:
I was right to worry about the road games. 3 out 4 losses on the road.

Kind of has me worried about the first round of the playoffs.


Especially since there is over a 30% chance we end up in Lambeau round 1. Gotta hope Detroit wins week 17.
_________________
aceinthehouse wrote:

1st yr head coaches rarely see success their 1st yr, if at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group