Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2016 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rein wrote:

Really too bad that he was never able to play more than a few snaps. Can't remember a more hyped non-first rounder in TC and it all just resulted in nothing. Harbaugh acknowledged that it might not have been beneficial for Correa to play in- AND outside backer and it will be interesting to see what their plans are going forward?


My thinking is that they wanted Correa to see the field and as such didn't want to stick him behind 4 other OLBs (Suggs, Doom, Smith, McClellan). Therefore, they played him mostly at ILB during camp. (As we all discussed in TC). What I think they didn't expect was Orr taking the job and running with it the way he has (which is a good thing). Given that, there really just isn't much room for Correa on the active roster.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11183
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 3m3 minutes ago
We have placed CB Jimmy Smith (ankle) on injured reserve and promoted WR/RS Keenan Reynolds to the 53-man roster.


Guessing he will be getting the return duties since any mistakes there won't mean much now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rein


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 1262
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 3m3 minutes ago
We have placed CB Jimmy Smith (ankle) on injured reserve and promoted WR/RS Keenan Reynolds to the 53-man roster.


Guessing he will be getting the return duties since any mistakes there won't mean much now.


Campanaro is still playing for his job so I'm not sure he will see that many opportunities. Maybe some other team tried to sign him to their active roster?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11183
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake, I meant kick return duties. Moore hasn't done much there (not that anybody expected him to). Might as well put Reynolds back there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rein


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 1262
Location: Denmark
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
My mistake, I meant kick return duties. Moore hasn't done much there (not that anybody expected him to). Might as well put Reynolds back there.


I think the team is still hoping for Moore to develop further as a kickoff returner. He got the talent but just needs some experience.

I would rather have Reynolds as PR as his agility and acceleration seems more relevant in that aspect. Moore's straight-line speed is what is needed in KR (Jacoby Jones'ish)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11755
Location: MD
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rein wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 3m3 minutes ago
We have placed CB Jimmy Smith (ankle) on injured reserve and promoted WR/RS Keenan Reynolds to the 53-man roster.


Guessing he will be getting the return duties since any mistakes there won't mean much now.


Campanaro is still playing for his job so I'm not sure he will see that many opportunities. Maybe some other team tried to sign him to their active roster?


How does finishing the season on the 53 affect our rights to him vs. spending all season on the PS, if at all?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11183
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rein wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
My mistake, I meant kick return duties. Moore hasn't done much there (not that anybody expected him to). Might as well put Reynolds back there.


I think the team is still hoping for Moore to develop further as a kickoff returner. He got the talent but just needs some experience.

I would rather have Reynolds as PR as his agility and acceleration seems more relevant in that aspect. Moore's straight-line speed is what is needed in KR (Jacoby Jones'ish)


I don't know, Moore doesn't really impress me as a returner. Doesn't seem to have the quick-twitch reaction or instincts to do well there. Not real concerned about speed in this case since Reynolds is plenty fast enough.

sp6488 wrote:
Rein wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 3m3 minutes ago
We have placed CB Jimmy Smith (ankle) on injured reserve and promoted WR/RS Keenan Reynolds to the 53-man roster.


Guessing he will be getting the return duties since any mistakes there won't mean much now.


Campanaro is still playing for his job so I'm not sure he will see that many opportunities. Maybe some other team tried to sign him to their active roster?


How does finishing the season on the 53 affect our rights to him vs. spending all season on the PS, if at all?


I believe Reynolds will now be an exclusive rights free agent as opposed to a practice squad free agent. Not a huge deal though, because I think teams can sign the latter to reserve/futures deals as soon as their seasons end.

There was this too:

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 6h6 hours ago
Per NFL transaction wire, Ravens have claimed WR Vince Mayle who was waived yesterday by Cowboys. To make room, they put Zach Orr on IR


Interesting move. Mayle was drafted by Cleveland in the 4th round of the 2015 draft, waived by them that year, and then claimed by Dallas. Looks to be a specials team guy that Baltimore is taking a flyer on for training camp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51
Page 51 of 51

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group