Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens 2016 Roster Tracker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The defense is top 5. I don't know what elite is to you guys, but there aren't many defenses that are playing much better than the Ravens defense so far this season. It just doesn't look as good because we have one of the worst offenses in the league. We would be a 2 or 3 win team right now if the defense wasn't playing at a top 5 level.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
The defense is top 5. I don't know what elite is to you guys, but there aren't many defenses that are playing much better than the Ravens defense so far this season. It just doesn't look as good because we have one of the worst offenses in the league. We would be a 2 or 3 win team right now if the defense wasn't playing at a top 5 level.

As a fan of the Ravens, assuming one has been watching since our first Super Bowl victory, we've set a standard for what defense is. Obviously the term is subjective, but imo we've only had two legitimately elite defenses between then and now. Regardless of where we stand in the statistical rankings on the season, just watching this team you can tell this defense is still nowhere near the level of those 2000 or 2006 teams.

With that said, they're obviously a good unit. Whatever our opinion may be of the scheme they run/our defensive coordinator, the results have been proven on the field this season. And as I mentioned, the stats back it up. We're certainly not elite, but it's accurate to categorize us as one of the better defenses in the league currently; arguably even the best.

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:

As a fan of the Ravens, assuming one has been watching since our first Super Bowl victory, we've set a standard for what defense is. Obviously the term is subjective, but imo we've only had two legitimately elite defenses between then and now. Regardless of where we stand in the statistical rankings on the season, just watching this team you can tell this defense is still nowhere near the level of those 2000 or 2006 teams.

That's an unusual standard for the term "elite". That's like historically elite. If not even 2008 is making that standard, then I don't know how useful that selective a grouping is. Exactly, why I don't like terms like "elite".

All I've seen on this forum is people saying this is a top 5 defense. It is by any legitimate measure.

BTW to check in on some of my favorite metrics, after week 12, we have the #1 DVOA defense. We are .02 behind Arizona for yards per drive, and .01 points per drive behind Seattle in points per drive. Hopefully the latter is not intentional safety related Laughing

Last edited by wackywabbit on Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:

That's an unusual standard for the term "elite". That's like historically elite. If not even 2008 is making that standard, then I don't know how useful that selective a grouping is. Exactly, why I don't like terms like "elite".

All I've seen on this forum is people saying this is a top 5 defense. It is by any legitimate measure.

I didn't ninja edit in that second part of my statement at all. Razz

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dennis-pitta-maxes-out-his-2016-incentives-in-productive-comeback/

2017 cap space. Crying or Very sad
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, good for Pitta. Can't say he hasn't earned it.

Vance McDonald just got a 5/$35M deal, so they market for tight ends with a pulse is pretty crazy.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 32m32 minutes ago
Ravens are promoting Michael Campanaro to active roster. No word yet on corresponding move.

Has to be Hester. Pray

It is:

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens 2m2 minutes ago
We have waived WR/RS Devin Hester.

Story to follow.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 2m2 minutes ago
Ravens make Hester cut official. Could make a few roster moves. They're really thin at corner. Campanaro promotion will be one.

Robertson Daniel is the only defensive back on the practice squad so that type of move probably wouldn't do much for the team.

And:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Release-Veteran-Returner-Devin-Hester/167c000d-dbf2-47f5-8789-571f45b0837a

Quote:
The Ravens also made two other roster moves Tuesday afternoon, as they placed running back Lorenzo Taliaferro (thigh) on injured reserve and signed inside linebacker Lamar Louis.
sp6488

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to be done.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Field Yates ‏@FieldYates
Source: the Patriots have claimed WR Michael Floyd off of waivers.

Which means Baltimore didn't put in a claim for him. Makes sense. There's no clean way of fitting Floyd in with the receivers all having pretty defined roles. Smith, Wallace, and Perriman are a significant part of the offense while Aiken gets reps there and on special teams. Moore has made plays as a gunner on the coverage teams this season and Campanaro looks to be the main returner.

Not enough excess at another position to get rid of. Well, maybe inside linebacker after Lamar Louis was oddly signed but that seems like a special teams thing too. Floyd definitely doesn't help there and he's been a fairly underwhelming wide receiver thus far so I'm not disappointed by the Ravens passing on him. Good YPC averages before this season but just meh overall. I liked him a lot coming out of Notre Dame but the talent hasn't panned out.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Field Yates ‏@FieldYates
Source: the Patriots have claimed WR Michael Floyd off of waivers.

Which means Baltimore didn't put in a claim for him. Makes sense. There's no clean way of fitting Floyd in with the receivers all having pretty defined roles. Smith, Wallace, and Perriman are a significant part of the offense while Aiken gets reps there and on special teams. Moore has made plays as a gunner on the coverage teams this season and Campanaro looks to be the main returner.

Not enough excess at another position to get rid of. Well, maybe inside linebacker after Lamar Louis was oddly signed but that seems like a special teams thing too. Floyd definitely doesn't help there and he's been a fairly underwhelming wide receiver thus far so I'm not disappointed by the Ravens passing on him. Good YPC averages before this season but just meh overall. I liked him a lot coming out of Notre Dame but the talent hasn't panned out.

Also, the potential for him not jiving with Flacco, the offense, etc.

The pats have had some big injury issues at the receiver position and he gives them something different from their current core. I get it for them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 16m16 minutes ago
Ravens will promote LB Brennen Beyer from practice squad to active roster ahead of tomorrow's game against Steelers.

Quote:
Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun 14m14 minutes ago
No word on corresponding move. Ravens have until 4 pm to make it official.

But why?
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Ravens will promote LB Brennen Beyer from practice squad to active roster ahead of tomorrow's game against Steelers.

Quote:

But why?

STer going to IR?

Thomas5737 wrote:

. . . Flacco is right. . .
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

But why?

STer going to IR?

Maybe Correa. Everyone else is healthy.
Rein

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

But why?

STer going to IR?

Maybe Correa. Everyone else is healthy.

Correa makes sense, yes.

Really too bad that he was never able to play more than a few snaps. Can't remember a more hyped non-first rounder in TC and it all just resulted in nothing. Harbaugh acknowledged that it might not have been beneficial for Correa to play in- AND outside backer and it will be interesting to see what their plans are going forward?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens 🎄 ‏@Ravens 3m3 minutes ago
We have moved LB Brennen Beyer to the active roster and placed rookie Kamalei Correa (ribs) on injured reserve.

Yeah, the way Correa was used this season is disappointing. Same with Za'Darius Smith. And Brent Urban. The defense could be that much better...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51

Jump to: