Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If the Chargers move to LA will you continue to support them
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zappaz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the same thought though Duff...

Does Deano really want to stick in SD only to have potentially 2 teams right up the road in LA?

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chargers and Rams move to LA... and the Raiders move to San Diego. Who is becoming a Raiders fan fellas? Join the dark side.

#JihadWard
First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
On the same thought though Duff...

Does Deano really want to stick in SD only to have potentially 2 teams right up the road in LA?

The other question is whether they'd risk going to LA, playing second fiddle there with next to no existing fanbase, AND THEN have the Raiders take they're spot in SD, potentially eliminating the little bit of fan base they have left....

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Neutral

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaidersAreOne wrote:
Chargers and Rams move to LA... and the Raiders move to San Diego. Who is becoming a Raiders fan fellas? Join the dark side.

Haha... I'd consider joining our mods in Rams fandom before that happens. But, growing up in San Diego, I knew several Raiders fans and they were generally pretty cool people.

I'd be surprised if the Raiders moved here. It sounds like Mark Davis would need massive taxpayer support for a new stadium, and the taxpayers weren't willing to do that for Spanos.

Duffman57 wrote:
The other question is whether they'd risk going to LA, playing second fiddle there with next to no existing fanbase, AND THEN have the Raiders take they're spot in SD, potentially eliminating the little bit of fan base they have left....

More like third fiddle. I can't see the Chargers overtaking the Raiders in popularity in LA, unless they start going deep in the playoffs and attract the bandwagon fans.
game3525

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing for sure, the stadium issue really brings out the stupid in people. One guy I was talking to seriously thinks there is nothing wrong with the Q.Laughing
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
One thing for sure, the stadium issue really brings out the stupid in people. One guy I was talking to seriously thinks there is nothing wrong with the Q.Laughing

In fairness there really isn't anything wrong with the Q, it's just old. When I compare it to a newer stadium like Fedex Field, it stacks up pretty well. The biggest difference is that the video and stereo systems are pretty bad at the Q. But at least the tailgating scene is top notch in San Diego, whereas most other stadiums don't have that kind of atmosphere because the parking lots are split up and farther away from the stadium.
Chris Lance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chargers apply for trademark for “Los Angeles Chargers”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/19/chargers-apply-for-trademark-for-los-angeles-chargers/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
game3525 wrote:

In fairness there really isn't anything wrong with the Q, it's just old. When I compare it to a newer stadium like Fedex Field, it stacks up pretty well. The biggest difference is that the video and stereo systems are pretty bad at the Q. But at least the tailgating scene is top notch in San Diego, whereas most other stadiums don't have that kind of atmosphere because the parking lots are split up and farther away from the stadium.

The restrooms on the field level are seriously wrong,
Strawman Theory

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:

Nothing wrong with the Q? When it rains the sections flood, and when you poo the restrooms flood. There's obvious structural damage with the cracked concrete. 13% of the tickets being sold were obstructed view for the majority of its existence.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawman Theory wrote:
charger-man wrote:

Nothing wrong with the Q? When it rains the sections flood, and when you poo the restrooms flood. There's obvious structural damage with the cracked concrete. 13% of the tickets being sold were obstructed view for the majority of its existence.

To be honest I don't make a habit of taking poos at NFL stadiums, so I didn't know about the flooding problems. Laughing

But you're right that there are certain things wrong with the Q, but it does have something going for it: the best tailgating atmosphere in the NFL. The only other stadium that has come close to matching it is Arrowhead in my experience. Some of the best mexican food I've had in my life has come from fellow Charger fans handing out tacos, machaca, and carnitas before games. I think that the joy people have gotten from tailgating at the Q gives them rose tinted memories even though the actual stadium may be old and dysfunctional.
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
Strawman Theory wrote:
charger-man wrote:

To be honest I don't make a habit of taking poos at NFL stadiums, so I didn't know about the flooding problems. Laughing

But you're right that there are certain things wrong with the Q, but it does have something going for it: the best tailgating atmosphere in the NFL. The only other stadium that has come close to matching it is Arrowhead in my experience. Some of the best mexican food I've had in my life has come from fellow Charger fans handing out tacos, machaca, and carnitas before games. I think that the joy people have gotten from tailgating at the Q gives them rose tinted memories even though the actual stadium may be old and dysfunctional.

The stadium itself is the only problem with the experience. Fans are usually pretty chill, tailgating is awesome, the trolley makes it easy to get there, the weather is great...

All of the good winds up in a 60's designed baseball stadium that hasn't been in good shape since before they disrespected Jack Murphy.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From PFT:

Quote:
Report: Chargers, Rams reach agreement on sharing Inglewood stadium

When NFL owners voted to approve the Rams’ move from St. Louis to Los Angeles, the Chargers were given until January 15, 2017 to strike an agreement with the Rams to share their proposed stadium in Inglewood if they chose to make the move.

The two teams began talks shortly after that vote and Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune reports that the two teams have reached such an agreement in principle. There are no details about what’s involved in the agreement.

Reaching the agreement is a big step toward the Chargers making a move, but it’s not a final one. Chargers owner Dean Spanos still has to make the call to head up the coast and Acee reports that “some near the process say” he hasn’t “entirely made up his mind” about departing. Reaching the agreement could lead to action from San Diego that makes staying a more favorable deal for Spanos and the team, although there’s been no public comments from the team or city at this point.

The Chargers have already gotten the ball rolling on a team headquarters and practice facility in Orange County and the Los Angeles Coliseum is considering a change to their lease with USC to allow two NFL teams to use it as a temporary home.

Danger

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-chargers-rams-stadium-agreement-20160129-story.html

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good news for them staying in SD. They basically agreed to put the move off for at least a year, and basically have an agreement in hand that IF they don't get a stadium deal in SD done, thats how it will go. More than likely I think Dean drags himself back to SD...

Agreement in place definitely does not = moving, most likely the opposite...

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care where they are. BOLTS 4 LIFE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: