Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Newman! (Re-signs with MIN, p. 6)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CriminalMind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cap $3.23M, Base $2.4M

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newman told ESPN in an text message about how he expects to feel next year playing at 39, “Same as I did every other year I guess. It’s my job.”

http://www.twincities.com/2017/03/15/vikings-bring-back-38-year-old-cb-terence-newman/

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we should draft a CB at some point this year but Newman should be good depth. I prefer at this point he doesn't start and just takes a limited role.

sort of like Antoine Winfield late in his career, although they have different playing styles I think.

Minnesota Vikings 2016 Preseason Division Champs!
Heimdallr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I still think we should draft a CB at some point this year but Newman should be good depth. I prefer at this point he doesn't start and just takes a limited role.

sort of like Antoine Winfield late in his career, although they have different playing styles I think.

With Newman on the roster, and assuming Sherels keeps his spot due to punt return and special teams duties, that only leaves room for 1 other CB (I can't see us keeping 7 corners on the roster).

Drafting a CB would mean cutting Jabari Price. I don't necessarily have a problem with that, but it is something to consider.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't draft a CB at the expense of an O-lineman. I think we need as many scratch-offs there as possible.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
I wouldn't draft a CB at the expense of an O-lineman. I think we need as many scratch-offs there as possible.

But we can't ignore the position either. We need a #5, with Sherels being the last resort. I'm not holding my breath on Price being that guy.

Minnesota Vikings 2016 Preseason Division Champs!
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
wcblack34 wrote:

But we can't ignore the position either. We need a #5, with Sherels being the last resort. I'm not holding my breath on Price being that guy.

You can sign a competent #5 off the street. If you're down to #5, you're in trouble anyway.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newman entertained offers from three other teams, with the most interest being shown by the Raiders, but when the Vikings stepped up with an offer, he was more than happy to come back because he wants to win a title and had to ask himself if he thought his chances were greater in Minnesota or perhaps somewhere else – one of several factors that played into his decision to come back to the Vikings. There wasn’t any doubt in Newman’s mind that he was coming back. He and head coach Mike Zimmer talked about a potential contract around the time of the Scouting Combine, but he had made up his mind on Jan. 1 – the date of the Vikings final game, that he wanted to play in 2017.

Newman: “The important part is physically and mentally I felt great, but being that my contract ran out, you have to have a place to play. Obviously for me, it was situational where, if a team calls, is it a better situation than where I’m at now? I didn’t not want to play, I’ll make that clear. I definitely wanted to play, but obviously I didn’t want to play just to play. I wanted to play with a chance to win a ring. They could have talked to me right after the season and I would have say, ‘Hey, I’m on board. Let’s do this.’”

http://www.scout.com/nfl/vikings/story/1763404-ring-drives-newman-s-return

vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zimmer:Terence is an unbelievable kid. He’s extremely hard-working. He takes good care of his body. I’ve told him all along that he’s going to coach for me whenever he’s done playing, whenever that is. Hopefully he has another great year this year. And I thought he played well, since he came in here he has played well, and you know, he’s a good leader and a good voice in the locker room.”

http://www.startribune.com/mike-zimmer-expecting-a-boost-from-vikings-new-faces/417101023/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: