Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Newman! (Re-signs with MIN, p. 6)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Purplexing

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthCountryEvo wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Newman: ďMy body feels awesome right now. I actually feel better this offseason than I did last offseason at this point. Thatís super crazy, because I did all the same things this year as I did last year. Iíve played both sides at cornerback, safety and nickel since Iíve been here, so Iím comfortable wherever they put me. I donít care what my role is as long as I have a role. Iím grateful that Iím still playing at this age. Iíve been blessed.Ē

http://www.twincities.com/2017/06/09/vikings-age-defying-defensive-back-terence-newman-ready-to-play-any-role/[/b]

Awesome that he came back, and that he is feeling good despite being so old, relatively. There still is a very clear path for Wayne's and Alexander to take over starting roles, but if either falters, we know that Newman can step in and perform well, along with spelling them during games or filling in for an injury. Not to mention, he has the ability to play safety if that is a need. Great piece to have as a veteran leader on this defense.

I assume Alexander will start over Newman, and the article linked below shows a role Newman can perform to contribute while on the bench; i.e. as a mentor to a young DB who needs to develop more maturity and a team-first attitude...

copied from the Alexander thread:

http://www.startribune.com/vikings-mackensie-alexander-ready-to-take-off-after-baby-steps-as-a-rookie/425829043/

"I was very resistant," he said. "I didn't want to learn nickel, and they knew that."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: