Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD 2 - War Room
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SanDiegoRaiderFan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: FFMD 2 - War Room Reply with quote

This is the official War Room of the Raiders for FFMD 2.

Edited to add the following information:

Our draft choices:

Round 1 (#7) - worth 1,500 points
Round 2 (#38 ) - worth 520 points
Round 3 (#69) - worth 245 points
Round 4 (#101) - worth 96 points
Round 5 - none
Round 6 (#176) - worth 21 points
Round 7 (#214) - worth 5.8 points
Round 7 (#255) - Supplemental compensatory pick, can't be traded

The point values for the picks come from this site:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/9341444

Please keep the point values in the chart in mind when making trade offers.

Here is a site with profiles of most prospects:

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/rankings.html

Last edited by SanDiegoRaiderFan on Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
nationalpride

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Offensive Coordinator, I'm gonna set up a preliminary depth chart and give you some players I'm willing to move and mark our holes.

QB:
1. Aaron Brooks
1. Andrew Walter
1. Marques Tuiasasopo

RB.
1. Lamont Jordan
2. Zack Crockett
3. Justin Fargas
4. DeJuan Green

FB.
1. John Paul Foschi
2. Zach Tuiasasopo

WR.
1. Randy Moss
2. Jerry Porter
3. Doug Gabriel
4. Ronald Curry
5. Alvis Whitted
6. Carlos Frances
7. Johnnie Morant
8. James Adkinson

TE.
1. Courtney Anderson
2. Randall Williams

OT.
1. Robert Gallery
2. Barry Sims
3. Chad Slaughter
Sean Rose
Brad Lekkerkerker
William Obeng

OG.
1. Brad Badger
2. Langston Walker
Corey Hulsey
Roderick Green

C.
1. Jake Grove
2. Adam Treu

Willing to Move (as of now):
2 (at most) of the Following, Porter, Gabriel, Curry, Whitted
Barry Sims

Key Needs:
A Starting Guard
A Backup Guard
An Offensive Tackle
A True Fullback
Backup Running Back

Here is a Starting Offense, Single Back 3 Wide, 1 TE set

QB: ????? (Pre-Season Decision)
RB: LaMont Jordan
WR: Moss
WR: Porter
WR: Curry or Gabriel
TE: Anderson
LT: Gallery
LG: Sims, Badger, or Treu
C: Grove
RG: Walker
RT: Slaughter
Totty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Manager: SanDiegoRaiderFan
Assistant General Manager: Totty
Head Coach: SanFranRaiderFan
Offensive Coordinator: nationalpride
Defensive Coordinator: raidernationOG
Offensive Scout: nugradraiderfan
Defensive Scout: kjherrm
Scout(s): sundancejoe, DarthDavis ..... still need more guys... keep comming...

Trade Block as of now:
Jerry Porter WR
Doug Gabriel WR
Rondal Curry WR
Alvis Whitted WR
Barry Sims OL
Marques Tuiasosopo QB
Derrick Gibson S

Key Needs:
A Starting Guard
A Backup Guard
An Offensive Tackle
A True Fullback
Backup Running Back
Defensive End
Outside Linebacker
Strong Safety

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.

Last edited by Totty on Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:22 am; edited 6 times in total
Totty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to get a Big Board together for the draft. I'm not sure how things are going to go. but if they go as they did last time, it will be pretty basic. I want to convey this in a realistic manner. We are not going to get Reggie Bush, Matt Leinhart, or D'Brickashaw Ferguson. So here is my answer.

1) Mario Williams - DE - N.C.ST. - 6'7" 295
Strengths:
An amazing natural athlete with rare ability...Has excellent size and a big frame with long arms...Outstanding pass rusher who can dominate a game...Moves well and has very good speed and quickness...Has great range and can make plays all over the field...Productive and really came on down the stretch, ending his college career with a bang...Still developing and has not yet reached his full potential.

Weaknesses:
Can be too inconsistent and needs to be properly motivated...Has a questionable motor and doesn't always give his all on every play...Really needs to work on his technique and master the nuances of the position...Often relied too heavily on his pure talent to get by in college...Is not very instinctive...Not a finished product.

2) A.J. Hawk - LB - OSU - 6'1" 248
Strengths:
Incredibly instinctive with top football intelligence...Always around the ball...Makes plays sideline-to-sideline and has good range...Has more than enough speed and closes fast...Is a sure tackler...Very solid in coverage against backs and tight ends...Does an excellent job of shedding blockers and working his way through traffic...Extremely productive...Team leader and captain...Works as hard as anyone...Intense, competitive and tough player with off the chart intangibles.

Weaknesses:
Might not be quite as athletic as his computer numbers would lead you to believe...Is on the short side...Does not change direction real well...Has some trouble taking on massive blockers, especially in the run game...Can improve as a blitzer...Missed a good portion of his senior year of high school due to injury.

3) Vince Young - QB - Texas - 6'5" 229
StrengthsHas the type of rare athletic ability that is hardly ever seen...Size is ideal with great height and a solid frame...Great speed and quickness...Outstanding runner and scrambler with tremendous vision...Arm strength is good, but not great...Has a quick release...Still has a lot of upside and got better each year while making a huge leap as a junior...Amazing leader and field general with top intangibles...A gamer who comes up big in the clutch...Can take over and dominate a game.

Weaknesses:
Has an extremely awkward delivery...Mechanics might have to be reworked...Very raw as a passer and is still a better athlete than quarterback right now...Doesn't read defenses all that well...Will make some poor decisions...Needs to adjust to taking snaps from under center and playing in a pro style offense...Probably has to sit and learn for a year or two before he is ready to start at the next level.

Vernon Davis - TE - MD - 6'4" 263
Strengths:
An amazing natural athlete with rare ability...Has tremendous speed and can get downfield...A major weapon in the passing game...Has great hands...Runs well after the catch...An outstanding leaper with great body control...Has a knack for getting open...Extremely strong...Versatile player who also has experience lining up at fullback and wide receiver...Productive and led the ACC with 871 receiving yards as a junior...Got better each year and still has a lot of upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
Does not have the height you look at the position...Improving as a blocker and is adequate right now but can still get better in that area...Still a little raw and needs to round out the rough edges and master the nuances of the game...Is somewhat of a wide receiver trapped in a tight ends body and will play like it.

5) Michael Huff - S - Texas - 6' 204
Strengths:
Very athletic with excellent speed...A playmaker and ballhawk in the secondary who has a nose for the ball...Really has a knack for taking interceptions to the house...Versatile and has experience at both safety and cornerback...Moves well and shows terrific range...Very reliable tackler...Smart player with tremendous instincts...Comes from a program with a strong history of developing pro DB's.

Weaknesses:
May be a bit of a 'tweener who doesn't fit in at either safety or corner at the pro level...Will gamble at times in an effort to come away with a turnover...Needs to work on and refine his technique...Needs to get stronger...Was shuffled around throughout his career and was never able to concentrate on just one position.

6) Winston Justice - T - USC - 6'6" 320
Strengths:
Has great size and long arms...Still has room to bulk up his large frame...A tremendous natural athlete...Very strong and powerful...An outstanding run blocker...Great pass blocker who protected the blindside of lefty quarterback Matt Leinart...Mobile and quick with good feet...Has only begun to scratch the surface of his potential and still has a ton of upside...Has 3 years of starting experience.

Weaknesses:
Is still very raw and needs to be developed in terms of his technique...Had arthroscopic surgery to repair a dislocated right shoulder after his freshman season...Immature and character is a question after a series of off-the-field incidents which led to his being suspended for the entire 2004 season.

Last edited by Totty on Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
sanfranraidersfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its gametime yall! you might want to add Tui to the trade block- we will see what we can get- as head coach i'll list what players i need on the field to produce a competitive team next season-

a Fullback, a Guard, a Tackle, a Defensive End, an OLB, a SS

- easy as that- get those 6 positions and we are ready to kick some donkeys, chiefs and the bolts

i am gonna go look at the trade blocks for other teams and tell you what players i think all of you guys should go for, as far as the scouts- I really would like to know the best Fullbacks for our system (in draft) and Strong Safetys in the draft- that we can take with late picks- but will still make an impact (like stuart schweigart was a couple years ago)

Peace Hombres

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know it aint my job- but add winston justice to the draft board- he is awesome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hay SANFRAN nice horsey....LOL! Anyway I have posted a comment in the Titans thread about trading up. They had a comment in there about moving back to our spot. So I figured I would humor them with what they want in return. If its reasonable.... we will be picking #3 in this draft.

sanfranraidersfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay! it hatched

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm liking how we got so organized so fast, while some teams don't even have the position assignment worked out yet. I love the effort you guys (and girl SANFRANRAIDERFAN NICE HORSEY Razz J/P) are putting in. I think its good that we all jumped the gun a bit, it means were excited! Now as for potential moves, there are a few that have been talked about.

Listed in PRIORITY FIRST BASIS:

1 - Titans have had talks about moving back to our spot, for those of you who don't know, they draft 3rd overall. They don't want to talk about it right now, but I told them im going to be keeping in contact about it. This would give us a chance to take a premiere D-STAR! Also, They haven't stated what they want, but they do know they want to try to move out of 3rd.

Tell me what you think about that?

2 - I have talked to the Bears about Briggs, LB pretty darn good if you ask me. I want to go in to this draft with either the S hole filled or the LB hole filled. I know we got Gibson back, but he is not the answer, and as of right now I'd rather have Schweigert back there with Jarrod Cooper then Gisbon. In fact Gibson will more then likely put on the TB.

Also, whats the general consensis on this?

Good work you guys, I really like the enthusiasm you all have!

SanDiegoRaiderFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To dampen your enthusiasm some, here is what it said in the sign-up thread:

Quote:
Trade Veto Council- Job is to veto ridiculous trades. It will be much stricter than the previous draft. Very few trades will pass through. Will consist of 3-5 people to be announced later.

Some people were unhappy with the number of trades that were made last time, and they're going to crack down on it this time. Totty, I sent you a PM about this. I don't think they're going to allow us to make all the trades and changes that you want.

It seems that some of the trades you're wanting to make are to just make trades. For example, what is the point of trying to trade Barry Sims? What could we get for him? What could we get for Curry, Whitted, Tuiasosopo, or Gibson? You need to respect the knowledge of the other staffs; some of them are pretty good. They're not going to give us much if anything for any of those players. So why insult their intelligence?

Enthusiasm is good, but sometimes it can lead to rash decisions. I urge everyone to slow down a bit.
William_Ohms

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have posted our trade block in our war room... Thanks - Falcons A GM

07 Recruiting Preview
Updated 12/27
Teams:
Seminoles, Falcons, Braves, Hawks, Thrashers
DarthDavis

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really supportive of trading up and am suprised that it is not more discussed. The titans have the logic that they can trade with us and still land VY or Cutler. A defensive face for this team is definitely needed we just need to be sure we are not sacrificing too much, to land AJ Hawk or Super Mario when we could just stay put and land VY. So I guess we should decide if we want to trade up? At what price? To which spot? and if not, then who should we hope for at 7?
I say we trade up at the price of a player (Sims or Gabriel) and anything after the second round (like 3,6,7). We should not trade out of the second round at all, we already missed out on Abraham and Cullpepper for our second rounder, so Davis obviously highly values this pick. But if we trade our 1st and 2nd for their 1st then everything is fair according to the trade chart. Sims will be okay at G and then we woldn't need to draft Jean-Giles in the second like most people think. I don't know premeditating a draft trade is just too speculative, we need to see what happens or pick a single player that we are going to pursue.
sanfranraidersfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packers interested in trading with us- they have starting SS- Mark Roman on the block, and also prospect G- Will Whittiker on the block + Javon Walker--- i am trying to see what they want and stuff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SanDiegoRaiderFan wrote:
To dampen your enthusiasm some, here is what it said in the sign-up thread:

Quote:
Trade Veto Council- Job is to veto ridiculous trades. It will be much stricter than the previous draft. Very few trades will pass through. Will consist of 3-5 people to be announced later.

Some people were unhappy with the number of trades that were made last time, and they're going to crack down on it this time. Totty, I sent you a PM about this. I don't think they're going to allow us to make all the trades and changes that you want.

It seems that some of the trades you're wanting to make are to just make trades. For example, what is the point of trying to trade Barry Sims? What could we get for him? What could we get for Curry, Whitted, Tuiasosopo, or Gibson? You need to respect the knowledge of the other staffs; some of them are pretty good. They're not going to give us much if anything for any of those players. So why insult their intelligence?

Enthusiasm is good, but sometimes it can lead to rash decisions. I urge everyone to slow down a bit.

I have it there so that we can let people know who we can afford to get rid of! We aren't going to get rid of everyone. It is to see what we can get from them adn then descide what the best trade is. I got your PM and I took it in to consideration. What I am trying to do is get a list of possiables together and then as a group make up our minds on what the best one is.

kjherrm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here is the scouting report on our D

LE - D Burgess - 91
- Great year last year. Showed he could be an everydown DE that excells at rushing the passer. Would like him to add some bulk to help his run Defense

RE - B Hamilton - 83
- Getting Older but still effective. Has never really been a great pass rusher, but will get about 5 sacks. Great against the run and knows Ryan's D.

Backups
- T Brayton - 79
- Dont know what we have since he played OLB the past 2 seasons

- G Irons - 68
- Nice ST player with good bulk. Needs to show some pass rushing moves to merit pt

DT
- W Sapp - 86
- Getting older and showing it. Was having a resurgent year until injury. Still a force and a solid starter.

- T Kelly - 82
- Splits time at DE and DT, but is productive at both. Tweener not fast enough for DE but not big enough for DT. Plays hard

- T Sands - 79
- Eats up space and is good against the run. Doesnt give a lot of QB pressure. Doesn't draw double teams like Washington.

Backups

- A Hawthorne - 71
- Didn't see much of him last year but was thought to have 1st or 2nd round talent.

- E Jasper - 69
- Brought in last year to compete for PT and didn't do it. Possibly a June 1st cap casualty.

ILB

- D Clark - 88
- Team leader on D. 100+ tackles the past two seasons. Always around the ball. Not as fast as would like

Backup

- T Johnson - 70
- Great ST player. Hasn't been able to crack starting lineup in 4 years. Looks like a ST player and backup for life.

OLB

- K Morrison - 89
- Great rookie season. Led team in tackles. Not as fluid in pass coverage and dropping back. Always around the Ball

- S Williams - 78
- Great attributes. Cant stay healthy to get solid PT to be properly evaluated

Backups

- R Riddle - 65
- Rookie that didn't do much. Had chance for playing time with injuries and ineffectivness of Brayton and Irons and didn't take advantage of it.

- D Grant - 69
- Tweener between DE and OLB. Has Flashes but is usually inconsistant.

Safety

- S Schweigert - 79
- Know for being a ball hawk and only got 2 picks. Played well in stretches especially late in the year. Still gets caught out of place. Good upside

- J Cooper - 79
- ST standout, pro bowl caliber as ST player. Great bulk. Slow in pass coverage

- D Gibson - 78
- Injury plagued. takes bad angles and has underachieved throughout his career. This could be his last chance

CB

- N Asomugha - 81
- played fairly well in his first year starting. Gets hung up on double moves. Known as a big hitter and wont get very many picks

- F Washington - 82
- Great speed, poor heighth. Flashed brilliance last year and then looked like a rook at times. Should only improve. Great swagger

Backups

- T Poole - 84
- Good leader and savy veteran. Knows how to play and is a good cover corner. Will try to make plays on a D that desperatly needs playmakers.

- D Starks - 80
- Has lost a step. Hurt last year but could have a good season this year. makes good breaks when going for picks and will get his fair share if given the opportunity.

- S Routt - 78
- Aggresive corner that got beat at times last year. Needs to improve on his cover skills. Should develope into a nice corner

- C Carr - 68
- KR and PR with probowl ability. Not much of a corner but will always be ready to play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 1 of 35

Jump to: