You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 - Saints (4-8) @ Bucs (6-6)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Week 14 - Saints (4-8) @ Bucs (6-6) Reply with quote

Good times. A meaningful December football game at Ray Jay against a division opponent. When was the last time the Bucs had the opportunity to sweep two division opponents in the same season? I have no idea, but what a change of fortune from Week 1.

I've always had a lot of respect for Brees and Payton. The Saints are going to be a tough out on Sunday. I do wonder after that tough loss to Carolina at home if the Bucs could get off to a good start maybe the Saints would get pretty discouraged. Last week Browner and their DC Allen got into a shouting match on the sideline. This team appears frustrated.

For me, much like last week, the defense has to hold the Saints to field goals. Surprisingly, the interior line I thought did a good job collapsing the pocket without GMC. This has to continue this week. Losing Kwon is going to hurt. David seems to have really turned his game around. He'll need to be great again this Sunday.

On offense, I just hope they can minimize the presnap penalties. Its not a secret the Saints defense isn't very good. Minimize the mental errors and the offense is going to score points. I wouldn't mind seeing more 2 TE sets with ASJ and Brate together. I believe they could get some very favorable match-ups from the Saints LBs.

This is another step for the team in changing the losing culture for good. A win on Sunday gets them above .500. Also, they would ensure themselves a winning record within the division. Can't wait till Sunday @ 1pm.
nathan004

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what this game is really going to come down to is how we play on defense. We are historically bad against Brees in RJS, but the good news is this season we are BUC'ing the trend. No McCoy but Jones, McDonald and Gholston are stepping it up. Finally found a competent start at CB in Moore. I expect Ingram to have a better than usual day against us as we have been stout against the run but no Kwon and we will probably be focus on the pass most of the day.

As always, minimizing offensive miscues will determine not if but how many points we put on the board Sunday. Offense hasn't regressed since the Dallas game and with all hands on deck we should see a pretty decent point total against the leagues worst defense.

34- 24 BUCS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/327057/report-ingram-has-serious-shoulder-injury

Quote:
NFL Network's Rand Getlin reports Mark Ingram is "dealing with a serious shoulder injury" that may end his season.

Well, this definitely helps.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another test for Lovie. Brees knows the Cover 2 all too well. Last time we played them, we injured Brees early and limited him to what he can do. Lovie will once again need to bring pressure from the backers like he did against Atlanta.

On offense, I think we can get much success with the run game and get those 8-9 min drives going against them.

I predict:
Bucs 28
Saints:17
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a not surprising move, it looks like Lansanah will be playing MLB in Kwon's absence. Carter will start at SLB.
djw4bucs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

31 Bucs
17 Saints
Brees doesn't do enough to keep up with us

Adopt-a-Buc Kwon Alexander 90 Tackles, 7 Tackles for Loss, 3 Sacks, 1 INT
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ingram done for the year. Snead banged up and now Cooks has a concussion.

This is going to be fun to watch Dancing

Adopt-a-Buc Jameis Winston 4,090 YDs 28 TDs 18 INTs
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:
Ingram done for the year. Snead banged up and now Cooks has a concussion.

This is going to be fun to watch Dancing

Don't get too cocky. After I heard the news about Cooks, the words "TRAP GAME" instantly popped into my head
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, David didn't practice today because he injured his right ankle in practice. Auman reported the ankle was taped up and not in a boot and David was walking around on practice.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need to win out to have a good chance to sneak into a wildcard spot. We'll get to see if our players really want this opportunity or not. Not sure how the Saints managed to score 31 on the Panthers defense so that has me somewhat concerned. It'll be a close game but I think we manage to fend them off.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Orleans is dead last against the run (138 YPG), allowing almost five yards per carry. Dougie and Sims should feast.

Fun fact: with 119 yards, Dougie becomes the league leader in rushing yards.

And these are the numbers opposing QBs have put up against 'em:

281/416 (67.5%) 3,448 YDs (8.7 YPA) 35 TDs 6 INTs 116.6 QBR

I'd heard that their defense is abysmal but I didn't know it was that bad.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carter is gonna start at MLB. Lavonte said he's gonna play. McCoy would need a club to play but he's done it before. Jac Smith is out.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
Carter is gonna start at MLB. Lavonte said he's gonna play. McCoy would need a club to play but he's done it before. Jac Smith is out.

Interesting now Carter is the MLB. Glad to see David is going to be okay. I think McCoy is going to sit out another week. Lovie has definitely shown a willingness to let guys sit out a little longer then shorter. McDaniel played really well with increased snaps last week in the rotation. He isn't replacing McCoy, but the trio of Melton, McDaniel, and Spence held up pretty well against a better Falcons line then the Saints, IMO. Also, Gholston is moving to DT on passing downs.
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
New Orleans is dead last against the run (138 YPG), allowing almost five yards per carry. Dougie and Sims should feast.

Fun fact: with 119 yards, Dougie becomes the league leader in rushing yards.

And these are the numbers opposing QBs have put up against 'em:

281/416 (67.5%) 3,448 YDs (8.7 YPA) 35 TDs 6 INTs 116.6 QBR

I'd heard that their defense is abysmal but I didn't know it was that bad.

It's on pace to be the worst defense in NFL history, beating out our very own 2012 Saints. It is VERY bad. Jameis and Martin will have field days. It will just come down to whether or not our offense can keep pace. Which is hard to do when you're giving up ~40 points.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news.....

Rick Stroud ‏@NFLSTROUD 6h6 hours ago
#Bucs DT Gerald McCoy, who had hand surgery last week to repair a fracture he suffered at Indianapolis, will play Sunday vs. the Saints

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: