Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts: Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perriman is apparently making plays left and right daily. i want to get excited, but you can never trust these writers and their propaganda.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have we seen the last of Pitta?
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its definitely time for pitta to retire. No way he comes back now

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah there's literally no way Pitta can come back now. As far as Tavon going down goes... I think Chuck Clark has potential to step up there.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Stance Punk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go ozzie go! Get Maclin!
DreamKid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows his feeling on the matter, but with Pitta going down, I could definitely see the team looking at bringing Boldin back more intensely. He and Pitta occupy similar roles for Flacco, regardless of if that's a good thing or not.

At this point though I'd rather us roll with what we have, I didn't even want to bring Pitta back unless it was as a coach, he knows what Flacco wants out of his tight ends. Although let someone else coach up blocking.

Pitta was playing with the house's money and it's unfortunate to see him bust like this, hopefully his long term health isn't affected. He was a good player for us, and a homegrown one. People forget when the media was riding the Pats for being geniuses with the drafting of Hernandez and Gronkowski, that we also doubled up on TEs early in that draft with the intention of running dual sets too. Dickson became an infuriating player, but we got a ring off our tandem and no murder conviction. Hernandez is one of my all time favorite college players though, that Florida team was so fun to watch. Harvin, Tebow, Hernandez, Cooper, Spikes, Dunlap, Haden, the list goes on and on.

A couple talking points that will emerge as a result of this is, it was wise to keep Watson, and we'll get dogged for not selecting OJ Howard even more. Hopefully our young and sadly mysterious group of TEs view this unfortunate happening as a blessing in disguise and step up for the team.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watson might be locked in now with Pitta's pending retirement. I'd take Maclin and I guess I can get behind the Boldin movement.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

ED Reed wrote:
Don't throw it. Don't throw it. I'm enticing them right now, they gonna throw it anyway
Laughing
Danand

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
Yeah there's literally no way Pitta can come back now. As far as Tavon going down goes... I think Chuck Clark has potential to step up there.

Chuck Clark should not come near the field, only special teams please.
edmund_jags

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:

Chuck Clark should not come near the field, only special teams please.

This x 100000
M.10.E

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Woodhead is going to have 80+ receptions this year barring injury. Mark it down.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have for some reason ventured in to an argument with what I believe is a Browns fan.

How come we as Ravens fans always have to make an argument for Joe Flacco?

What is it about him, that just removes all his accolades and makes people place him in the same bracket as Brian Hoyer, Jay Cutler, Alex Smith and Ryan Tannehill?

Also, at the same time people then talks about the great team around Flacco, we are not allowed to be optimistic about the outlook on offense?

Wacky made a post where he pointed out, that Flacco played without his 2 starting tackles in 2014 playoff run, a Torrey Smith, Owen Daniels and a Steve Smith which the Panthers couldn't use + a journeyman in Justin Forsett. We would have been laughed at, if we said that was an AFCC worthy offense - yet the succes that offense had can't be traced back to Flacco?

My heads hurt
paraven

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
I have for some reason ventured in to an argument with what I believe is a Browns fan.

What is it about him, that just removes all his accolades and makes people place him in the same bracket as Brian Hoyer, Jay Cutler, Alex Smith and Ryan Tannehill?

Also, at the same time people then talks about the great team around Flacco, we are not allowed to be optimistic about the outlook on offense?

Wacky made a post where he pointed out, that Flacco played without his 2 starting tackles in 2014 playoff run, a Torrey Smith, Owen Daniels and a Steve Smith which the Panthers couldn't use + a journeyman in Justin Forsett. We would have been laughed at, if we said that was an AFCC worthy offense - yet the succes that offense had can't be traced back to Flacco?

My heads hurt

its an argument that will never go away. My biggest beef is when they compare him to trent dilfer and say he was carried by the defense in there super bowl run. Yea the middle of the pack 2012 ravens d carried that team. Flacco won that superbowl and thats why he got paid. I feel other fans are jealous since flacco could get the job done. The argument will only go away if he wins another superbowl .
Danand

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraven wrote:
Danand wrote:

My heads hurt

its an argument that will never go away. My biggest beef is when they compare him to trent dilfer and say he was carried by the defense in there super bowl run. Yea the middle of the pack 2012 ravens d carried that team. Flacco won that superbowl and thats why he got paid. I feel other fans are jealous since flacco could get the job done. The argument will only go away if he wins another superbowl .

Well Eli is mentioned in the same sentence as Flacco, so I actually doubt that.

Those two are so very much alike in what they are able to do.

The worst part is, I am not annoyed when Flacco is called a 12-16 quarterback in the league, but when people can't look beyond stats and doesn't take the actual game into account, I can't help trying to prove them otherwise.

Guess I am just not very bright some times.
M.10.E

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because no one outside of Ravens fans watch the Ravens consistently. So they look at Flacco's stats and judge him based off of those alone.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Less than a week relevant football can be discussed.

My top 3 most exciting training camp battles.

1) The oline shuffle

LT and RG should be locked down, or should it?

While Stanley should build on his 2016 season, some pundits discusses the idea of putting Yanda at LG, which could become even more relevant if his shoulder isn't 100% after surgery. Whatever the plan is with Yanda, we could see a shuffle on the rest of the line, where we have to find 2 new starters.

While Hurst has the experience, he is also a liability despite some football sites claiming he played well at RT. Alex Lewis at RT, Siragusa at either guard spot and a TC battle between Jensen, Urschel and Skura seems like the most plausible so far. Nembot and Wesley could be maulers at RT, while Illuminatu should go to the practice squad.

2) Outside linebacker

Suggs (maybe as a 2 down linebacker this year) has the right side locked down. Judon should be the favorite to take over from Dumervil on the left side.

McClellan could be in the mix, but he has to compete with Zardarius Smith who had a down year plus the young guys in Tyus Bowser and Tim Williams.

6 guys could become 5 if McClellan is moved inside.

3) Inside linebacker

While Mosley has 1 spot locked up, there's a lot of unknown next to him after Zach Orr was forced to retire (and then come back). McClellan could come into play due to his experience and versatility. Being a great special teamer will help him once roster cuts become tough. Correa could be handed the job based on his draft position, but is he really an inside linebacker type of prospect?

Onwuasor played well when he got the chance last year. It would not surprise me if he takes the starting job.

Bowser is an outsider at the position to me, as he has potential in coverage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 50 of 51

Jump to: