Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts: Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Who said this class is deep at WR?

There are two studs. And I think it's slightly more probably than not that neither will even make it to our pick.

And that's stretching the definition of stud. This is the worst wide receiver class in a few years. Luckily the Ravens don't need a gamebreaker type. More like a chain-mover that can grind out yards. So if the team decides to go that route in the draft I think there's a better chance of finding someone solid in that mold.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, it's not stretching the definition of stud at all.

I don't think Davis/Wiliams are Megatron/AJ Green/Julio level prospects, but definitely comparable in value to guys like Amari Cooper and Sammy Watkins (as prospects).

There may actually be 3 studs with John Ross too. I don't know if his 40 was legitimately faster than Chris Johnson's, but he's clearly really really fast, and is much more than a burner. After watching him more closely today, he's definitely in play in the top half of the first. And the buzz from the 40, will probably ensure that.

The top end of this WR class is very good. It's the depth that I think isn't as great.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't have Williams and Davis on a Cooper/Watkins level either. That's still really high praise. Don't get me wrong, at 16 either would be a fine value but that's about where I have their ceiling.

Ross is interesting. The most significant negative for him is his medical history. For a guy with his build and given his game is based around his speed (even if he can do more than just verticals) that's a fairly risky gamble.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 44, 45, 46
Page 46 of 46

Jump to: