Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts: Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_sayle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appears Marshall is getting cut
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be disappointed if we don't get one of Mangold/Marshall.
sp6488

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't we have Cooks for two years in this scenario? He should have the 5th year option available, no?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saints willing to take a 2nd for Cooks. Sink or swim with that one. It's time to take some chances on great talents Baltimore!
Rein

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Decker could be another WR to get released pretty soon.

He would fit the criteria of our FO without the DW baggage of Brandon Marshall.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rein wrote:
Eric Decker could be another WR to get released pretty soon.

He would fit the criteria of our FO without the DW baggage of Brandon Marshall.

But supposedly not until he passes a physical, which will be a while from now. Don't think the Ravens will want to wait that long to address a big need. Otherwise I think Decker would be great. Adding him later on when he actually does get released sounds good to me.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Saints willing to take a 2nd for Cooks. Sink or swim with that one. It's time to take some chances on great talents Baltimore!

Why are they so eager to get rid of him? Either there's something wrong there, or the Saints know they can't afford to pay him. The Ravens can't afford it either.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can't pay Thomas, Snead, and Coleman. And it seems every year they add a guy in the draft and he becomes a big part of their offense. They can replace him easily...they just have that magic touch at that position.

And why couldn't we pay him? He's still on his rookie contract for 2 yrs with that option. And who are we paying big money too at that position anyway? Perriman is 4 yrs away from a contract...and thats a IF.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm not interested in spending a 2nd round pick on a two year rental. Especially not in this draft, which is as deep as any in years.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Yeah, I'm not interested in spending a 2nd round pick on a two year rental. Especially not in this draft, which is as deep as any in years.

That shouldn't be the mindset of Raven fans as bad as we've missed on 2nd round picks lately. Not to mention the WR position at whole.

Correa
Max Williams
Arthur Brown
Terrance Cody

To name a few. But yeah...if we could give up a 2nd round pick for arguably a top 20 WR in this league...who still is basically a rookie in terms of age...I'm doing it. No hesitation what so ever. Ravens need to stop being scared and take that risk on going after great talent and stop looking for these stop-gap veterans just to be cheap.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

That shouldn't be the mindset of Raven fans as bad as we've missed on 2nd round picks lately. Not to mention the WR position at whole.

Correa
Max Williams
Arthur Brown
Terrance Cody

To name a few. But yeah...if we could give up a 2nd round pick for arguably a top 20 WR in this league...who still is basically a rookie in terms of age...I'm doing it. No hesitation what so ever. Ravens need to stop being scared and take that risk on going after great talent and stop looking for these stop-gap veterans just to be cheap.

Talk about second round misses, but act as though trading for Cooks would be a surefire success. How many trades or FA signings have we seen, around the league, that have looked like strokes of genius and ended up being disasters?

You say yourself that the Saints have a magic touch with finding and coaching WRs, how do you know that Cooks will keep producing in a different system, with a different QB, for different coaches?

I'd rather take my chances in the draft, and if they miss again, people get fired. Because I will flat out guarantee that, if the Ravens gave up a 2nd for Cooks, a year from now people would be saying "can't believe we did that, when we could have had so-and-so, who ended up going in the second round."

Teams that aren't scared, and go after big names with potentially big price tags are generally teams that don't succeed in the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It amazes me how many Ravens fans haven't learned their lesson with how the Ravens faired when it comes to drafting WR's. Every year, the same thing comes out of peoples mouths. "This draft class is deep at WR." "We can find someone in the later rounds." BLAH! BLAH! BLAHHHH...

I'm not saying Cooks being here is going to be as good as he would be in New Orleans. No, not at all. Two different systems. But one thing for sure, he won't be a bust. As he's already proven to be a great deep threat and a savy route runner who can man the slot. Nothing in the draft is ever proven. It's really hard to see someone who's proven like Cook be a total flop on another team. Take chances and risk on players that has potential to be game breakers. That should be the Ravens motto right now.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said this class is deep at WR?

There are two studs. And I think it's slightly more probably than not that neither will even make it to our pick.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

Correa
Max Williams
Arthur Brown
Terrance Cody

Those top two seem a little premature, especially Correa (remember Paul Kruger?).

Also, what about Timmy Jernigan, Kelechi Osemele and Torrey Smith, those were very good hits from the second round.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
It amazes me how many Ravens fans haven't learned their lesson with how the Ravens faired when it comes to drafting WR's. Every year, the same thing comes out of peoples mouths. "This draft class is deep at WR." "We can find someone in the later rounds." BLAH! BLAH! BLAHHHH...

I'm not saying Cooks being here is going to be as good as he would be in New Orleans. No, not at all. Two different systems. But one thing for sure, he won't be a bust. As he's already proven to be a great deep threat and a savy route runner who can man the slot. Nothing in the draft is ever proven. It's really hard to see someone who's proven like Cook be a total flop on another team. Take chances and risk on players that has potential to be game breakers. That should be the Ravens motto right now.

The WR class isn't particularly deep in terms of top level quality, but I don't care about that. The DB and pass rusher classes are. I'd much rather have the chance to spend the first two picks on players there.

And without improvements to the O-line and the running game, the Ravens can have as many WRs as they like, they still won't have a potent offense.

Going after big name trades and FA signings should never be the Ravens' motto, in my opinion. That's the motto of teams like the Redskins and Jets and Dolphins, and look how it works out for them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 45 of 46

Jump to: