Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts: Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DreamKid


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 686
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Matt Ryan... NOT ELITE!


Joe Cool was the brand way before matty ice.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 940
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
paraven wrote:
Id really like to see either (in order of preference) Kenny Britt, Pierre Garcon, or Brandon Marshall on the ravens next year. I feel these are the possesion type wrs this team will need, we have plenty of speed.
The more I look into I think Britt might be a good fit. Had a decent season next year, and will probably look to move on since LA is nowhere near winning.


Britt has never really impressed me.

Would love Garcon but he's going to be the most expensive.

Marshall makes the most sense to me.


Britt had his single best game of his career against us, and then did very little. I doubt he would offer us much now.
_________________
2017 draft: I LOVE LAMP!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 940
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a wild shot, but what offense are we going to run with next season?

I'm looking at different offensive linemen in the draft, and kind of have had my eye set on Nico Siragusa very early in the proces. He could come in at left guard and really move people in the running game (if we move Lewis to RT) but I don't know if we want better movement skills from our oline.
_________________
2017 draft: I LOVE LAMP!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11719
Location: MD
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danand wrote:
I know this is a wild shot, but what offense are we going to run with next season?

I'm looking at different offensive linemen in the draft, and kind of have had my eye set on Nico Siragusa very early in the proces. He could come in at left guard and really move people in the running game (if we move Lewis to RT) but I don't know if we want better movement skills from our oline.


Well this is mildly disappointing:

Quote:
Despite his surname and football prowess, Nico has no relation to former NFL defensive tackle and Fox Sports broadcaster Tony Siragusa.

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 11719
Location: MD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Alabama apparently has a new AD. A lot of discussion around Ozzie stepping down from the Ravens has speculated that he would move into the Alabama AD position at some point. Not really a huge deal, but just something to be aware of as it pertains to the Ravens FO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
KiddKillah


Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Posts: 2529
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would anyone trade 16 for Brandin Cooks? Just curious...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 16605
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Would anyone trade 16 for Brandin Cooks? Just curious...


No.
_________________

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 940
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Would anyone trade 16 for Brandin Cooks? Just curious...


Ydrk, adr, puh bvadr
_________________
2017 draft: I LOVE LAMP!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11034
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KiddKillah wrote:
Would anyone trade 16 for Brandin Cooks? Just curious...


It all depends on if the Ravens would actually spend to re-sign him next offseason. That's never a guarantee with this team. Cooks is definitely worth the 16th pick in the first round, especially if a wide receiver was being considered there. He's only going to be 24 in September and is a proven playmaker out of the slot. Kind of like a mega version of Campanaro. I think he would be great for Baltimore.

But like I said before, that's only if the Ravens re-signed him. Otherwise a one-year rental is not worth the 16th pick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 16605
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
KiddKillah wrote:
Would anyone trade 16 for Brandin Cooks? Just curious...


It all depends on if the Ravens would actually spend to re-sign him next offseason. That's never a guarantee with this team. Cooks is definitely worth the 16th pick in the first round, especially if a wide receiver was being considered there. He's only going to be 24 in September and is a proven playmaker out of the slot. Kind of like a mega version of Campanaro. I think he would be great for Baltimore.

But like I said before, that's only if the Ravens re-signed him. Otherwise a one-year rental is not worth the 16th pick.


Eh, with all the glaring needs on this team, an above average receiver who's best skill is his speed isn't very high on my list. Not to mention he greatly benefits from playing in New Orleans in that system with Brees. I just dont think he'd have anywhere near the same level of success he's had in NO here in Baltimore.
_________________

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11739
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cooks.

But Davis and Williams are way better AND we'd get 3 years more of rookie deal, plus a 5th year option for first round picks.

2nd round pick at most for Cooks who is about to be a FA after next season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11034
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Eh, with all the glaring needs on this team, an above average receiver who's best skill is his speed isn't very high on my list. Not to mention he greatly benefits from playing in New Orleans in that system with Brees. I just dont think he'd have anywhere near the same level of success he's had in NO here in Baltimore.


Wide receiver is a glaring need with or without Perriman developing. Especially the role of a reliable short-intermediate option. Wallace isn't that and it appears that the team doesn't think Breshad is either with the way he was utilized.

I seem to have a much higher opinion of Cooks than you do as well. To me he's not just a product of playing with Brees in New Orleans. Brandin is a stud slot receiver that has the speed and fluidity to make an impact down the field too. It sounds insane that the Saints are considering trading him. If he's not happy there like reports are saying/have said in the past it makes some sense but still not much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RavensTillIDie


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 16605
Location: N.W.O
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
RavensTillIDie wrote:
Eh, with all the glaring needs on this team, an above average receiver who's best skill is his speed isn't very high on my list. Not to mention he greatly benefits from playing in New Orleans in that system with Brees. I just dont think he'd have anywhere near the same level of success he's had in NO here in Baltimore.


Wide receiver is a glaring need with or without Perriman developing. Especially the role of a reliable short-intermediate option. Wallace isn't that and it appears that the team doesn't think Breshad is either with the way he was utilized.

I seem to have a much higher opinion of Cooks than you do as well. To me he's not just a product of playing with Brees in New Orleans. Brandin is a stud slot receiver that has the speed and fluidity to make an impact down the field too. It sounds insane that the Saints are considering trading him. If he's not happy there like reports are saying/have said in the past it makes some sense but still not much.


Again, in terms of ranking them, I'd have to put CB and pass rusher above WR in terms of need. However, I'd still be more open to taking on one of the two premier receivers in this class than trading for Cooks, who is set to be a FA after this coming season and is probably going to command a fairly hefty contract. Additionally, with Perriman, Wallace, Moore and (most likely) Camp still on the roster, there are just too many mouth to feed and Cooks is not the type of player that is going to put that unit over the top, imo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Cooks is a bad player. I'm just saying I don't think he's as good as he's been shown to be in in New Orleans. And given how we structure our passing game, I just don't see him getting the same type of volume or opportunities to live up to the kind of contract he will eventually warrant. So, in my mind, it just doesn't make sense to trade for him at the moment.
_________________

Oregon Ducks wrote:
KingBishop wrote:
Can we respectfully create a Ducks forum and you just stay there?
Take it easy, Donald Trump.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11034
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
Again, in terms of ranking them, I'd have to put CB and pass rusher above WR in terms of need. However, I'd still be more open to taking on one of the two premier receivers in this class than trading for Cooks, who is set to be a FA after this coming season and is probably going to command a fairly hefty contract. Additionally, with Perriman, Wallace, Moore and (most likely) Camp still on the roster, there are just too many mouth to feed and Cooks is not the type of player that is going to put that unit over the top, imo.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Cooks is a bad player. I'm just saying I don't think he's as good as he's been shown to be in in New Orleans. And given how we structure our passing game, I just don't see him getting the same type of volume or opportunities to live up to the kind of contract he will eventually warrant. So, in my mind, it just doesn't make sense to trade for him at the moment.


wackywabbit wrote:
I like Cooks.

But Davis and Williams are way better AND we'd get 3 years more of rookie deal, plus a 5th year option for first round picks.

2nd round pick at most for Cooks who is about to be a FA after next season.


I'm not quite there on Williams and Davis either. That's probably one of the biggest differences of opinions too. They're good, but I wouldn't call them elite or premier draft prospects. If I was that high on either of them my preference would be to keep the 16th pick and go that route.

I know Cooks is up for a new contract next summer (like I said before) but he's also proven to be a highly productive player in the NFL at a young age while Mike and Corey are gambles like all draft prospects are. The angle about Brandin being so productive because he's played with Brees in New Orleans is valid, but I still think he's just a flat-out great talent.

There are a lot of glaring holes on the team. Cornerback, center, left guard/right tackle (depending on what happens with Wagner and then Lewis), safety, #1 pass rusher, and wide receiver off the top of my head. All of them being pretty important to team success. Too many to feel great about the Ravens competing for anything next season, so I'm good with getting the best player they can with their picks instead of focusing on any one need. If that happens to be via a trade for a current 23 year old highly productive receiver who will cost good money to keep around next summer, so be it. Just as long as the Ravens actually spend to keep a receiver around at least...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were to trade for Cooks, it'd have to be dependent on signing him long-term. And while I think he's a great player, I'd be worried about who we'd lose out on by spending the money on him.

So, for that reason, I'll pass.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 44 of 46

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group