You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts: Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11998
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So having missed the playoff two years in a row, we are now one of the teams that could be made to do Hard Knocks. The other 7 are the Bears, Buccaneers, Browns, Colts, Eagles, Saints and Titans.

I'd be very interested in seeing that. But, odds are our team is too stable (that's the nice way to put that, right?) for them to want to pick and we lost SSSR who would have provided buzz in practices.

It'll probably be the Bucs or Titans with their up and coming QBs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Danand


Joined: 12 Nov 2015
Posts: 1060
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
So having missed the playoff two years in a row, we are now one of the teams that could be made to do Hard Knocks. The other 7 are the Bears, Buccaneers, Browns, Colts, Eagles, Saints and Titans.

I'd be very interested in seeing that. But, odds are our team is too stable (that's the nice way to put that, right?) for them to want to pick and we lost SSSR who would have provided buzz in practices.

It'll probably be the Bucs or Titans with their up and coming QBs.


I would really like to see us on Hard Knocks, but I would not like the stuff that follows those teams, as they rarely have any succes and it gives other teams a little more insight in dynamics than I would like.

That said, I doubt we are interesting enough or that Harbaugh would think it would be a good idea.

It will be difficult to sell Joe Flacco to an audience, none of our olines seem like much of a tv personality. Our tight ends are mostly goodie2shoes, a hillbilly and mad max ginger. On defense Suggs and Weddle might be entertaining, but that is it.
_________________
Ravens 2017 feat. Flaccid Flaccos speedsters and Dean Peas softies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 3469
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being on Hard Knocks would be a new excuse for the Ravens not managing to live up to their expectations so I say, why the hell not?

It'd be fun to watch, and there are some interesting stories to be had from the current team.

Suggs in what might be his last year. Flacco dealing with the pressure of having to live up to his contract, and his boring reputation. Perriman in what has to be a 'prove it' year. Justin Tucker, the World's Most Interesting Kicker. Harbs trying to get the team back into the playoffs. And that's all without the usual rookie stories.

But I agree that the Titans seem most likely, especially with Mariota's recovery from injury.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dcarey20


Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 8022
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Zach Orr made 2nd team All-Pro (along with Mosley and an oddly large amount of other linebackers) but good to see.

For as bad a pick as Arthur Brown turned out to be in the 2nd round of 2013, Orr really nullifies the sting. His play has been worthy of a 1st or 2nd round pick if he had been drafted and he's solidified that spot across from Mosley.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11998
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The all-pro rating is a bit of a stretch. He got one vote for the all-pro and tied with a bunch of other linebackers who all ended up on the 2nd team.

But, he was good this year. It was his first year starting and he improved in areas like pass coverage as the year went on. Another well rounded backer. We can feel good about the ILB spot going into next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
drd23


Moderator
Joined: 26 Oct 2010
Posts: 5533
Location: Melbourne, Australia
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Being on Hard Knocks would be a new excuse for the Ravens not managing to live up to their expectations so I say, why the hell not?

It'd be fun to watch, and there are some interesting stories to be had from the current team.

Suggs in what might be his last year. Flacco dealing with the pressure of having to live up to his contract, and his boring reputation. Perriman in what has to be a 'prove it' year. Justin Tucker, the World's Most Interesting Kicker. Harbs trying to get the team back into the playoffs. And that's all without the usual rookie stories.

But I agree that the Titans seem most likely, especially with Mariota's recovery from injury.

I think that if the Ravens are chosen to do Hard Knocks, the NFL will pressure them to 'feature' John Urschel and Justin Tucker as much as possible because they are smarter/more interesting/more cultured than the public perception of the average NFL player.

I don't seem Perriman and Flacco featuring - they aren't good enough or interesting enough.

IIRC, they usually feature a UDFA, a back-up and a 'superstar' (which would be Suggs given he's funny, and there'd be the added element of the possible final season)

That said, I don't want to see the Ravens on Hard Knocks because I think it wouldn't be good TV
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bisciotti not tip toeing around anything in this press conference. Love it. Calling everyone out.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BaltimoreTerp


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

Joined: 13 Feb 2005
Posts: 34379
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Bisciotti not tip toeing around anything in this press conference. Love it. Calling everyone out.


What's he been saying? I saw a tweet that he called out Shareece Wright by name which is kinda hilarious.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dcarey20


Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 8022
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
What's he been saying? I saw a tweet that he called out Shareece Wright by name which is kinda hilarious.


LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 11261
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bisciotti is talking a lot in this one. And he's pretty animated. I like it. Definitely worth a watch later if you're not catching it live.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11998
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve is the best Very Happy

He views 2013 draft exactly like i do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 11998
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve brought up Tyreke Hill and basically said we weren't/aren't going to take a guy with his situation, despite how it is clearly helping KC.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dcarey20


Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 8022
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Bisciotti is talking a lot in this one. And he's pretty animated. I like it. Definitely worth a watch later if you're not catching it live.


Just tuned in. Steve is the man.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flaccomania


Joined: 12 Aug 2008
Posts: 33730
Location: Hashtag BirdCity
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Bisciotti not tip toeing around anything in this press conference. Love it. Calling everyone out.


What's he been saying? I saw a tweet that he called out Shareece Wright by name which is kinda hilarious.


He's called out Shareece Wright for "getting away from fundamentals" and as an example of someone they put money into that disappointed them this year.

Talked about the 2013 draft where Ozzie has gotten heat for the Elam and Brown selections and acknowledged both were "misses" but stands up for Ozzie with the fact that we got Williams/Juice/Wagner with the next 3.

Said coaches need to coach better, Ozzie and Eric need to draft better, and Joe needs to play better.

When directly asked whether he'd make broad sweeping changes if we disappoint next year, he was kind of vague but had kind of a smirk that lets you know that he isn't afraid to do it.

It's definitely worth a watch. It's nice to see an owner balance the line between trusting his guys to turn it around but at the same time publicly saying they're on the hot seat.
_________________


[quote="SFPatsFan"]

Flaccomania is a genius who is an expert on literally everything he talks about so you should trust him. [/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dcarey20


Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 8022
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vinny Cerrato was talking about the press conference on the radio and said "sounded to me like Wallace won't be back". I didn't necessarily come away with that feeling, anyone else? And where does everyone stand on Wallace returning? I also felt it was a foregone conclusion but that comment by Cerrato threw me for a loop.

He also said he thought it sounded like the Ravens were still looking for "the guy" @ RB.


Last edited by dcarey20 on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 40 of 51

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group