Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts: Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-bengals-0102-20170101-story.html

Quote:
Harbaugh will likely have to make at least one coordinator hire with play caller Marty Mornhinweg not expected back in his current role. Accomplished veterans such as Dumervil, tight end Dennis Pitta, center Jeremy Zuttah and safety Lardarius Webb could be in jeopardy of not returning because of high salary cap numbers and the organization's desire to get younger. Fullback Kyle Juszczyk, starting right tackle Rick Wagner and nose tackle Brandon Williams head the list of Ravens free agents.

Hmm...

Pitta would restructure or take a pay cut. Can't see him not on the team unless someone offers him an amazing deal. I bet Watson would get dealt with before anything. Crockett probably a goner too. Everyone else I believe will be axed.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

ED Reed wrote:
Don't throw it. Don't throw it. I'm enticing them right now, they gonna throw it anyway
Laughing
Danand

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind getting younger. And while Webb had a nice year, he has previously had big issues with staying healthy. At some point this season, 5-6 of our oldest players where all injured and they also demanded a big portion of our salary cap.

Basically, we have had issues the last couple of years with putting our biggest contracts on the field and produce accordingly. While Joe had his ACL - his first real injury, Yanda, Pitta, Watson, Steve Smith, Forsett, Webb, Jimmy Smith, Suggs, Dumervil, Monroe have all missed significant time.

Combined with misses in the draft with Elam, Arthur Brown, Terrence Brooks and injury to the awkward athlete, thats a lot of money and talent which we have missed sorely.

Getting younger could be a way to prevent having 30 million of capspace on the injury list.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I worry that we're teetering on that line of "we want to get younger" vs "we don't want to lose our jobs". Granted, Ozzie is the one in charge and he will never lose his job, but I worry about that thought sinking into Harbaugh and him pounding the table for veterans.

Thomas5737 wrote:

. . . Flacco is right. . .
drd23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harbaugh has already said (albeit indirectly) that under the current practice restrictions as per the CBA, that he prefers veterans because it takes less to get them up to speed

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the pontential cuts and restructures we could possibly have a decent amount of money to play with. So I ask everyone here what would you rather do resign our guys Wagner, Williams, and juice or allow the former 2 to walk with Lewis and pierce as replacements and target other players in free agency maybe Zietler, Calais Campbell, or maybe an edge rusher
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

santiagomn8 wrote:
With all the pontential cuts and restructures we could possibly have a decent amount of money to play with. So I ask everyone here what would you rather do resign our guys Wagner, Williams, and juice or allow the former 2 to walk with Lewis and pierce as replacements and target other players in free agency maybe Zietler, Calais Campbell, or maybe an edge rusher

It all obviously depends on price but I want to keep Williams and Wagner.

Thomas5737 wrote:

paraven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so our WR's next year..

We are all set with Speed with Wallace and Perriman. We need a possession type guy to replace SSS. Do you think we try and resign Aiken for that role? Can he step up and be that guy? He did have a good year last year when SSS was hurt. Or do the ravens draft a WR in the first to fill that void?
Id leaning toward resigning Aiken as I still believe he can be a legit WR
Danand

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraven wrote:
so our WR's next year..

We are all set with Speed with Wallace and Perriman. We need a possession type guy to replace SSS. Do you think we try and resign Aiken for that role? Can he step up and be that guy? He did have a good year last year when SSS was hurt. Or do the ravens draft a WR in the first to fill that void?
Id leaning toward resigning Aiken as I still believe he can be a legit WR

Aiken was very productive, when he was force fed the ball 10 times or more a game. When he had to be the complementary guy, his issues with drops is not what we want in a possession receiver who are supposed to be clutch.

Edit: I'd like to see what happens in free agency and who we can snag there. So far I am not fond of drafting skill players for the offense. Lets get the oline to work and then I have confidence in Flacco to find an open man.

I continue to look at Cooper Kupp as an option in the third round as he seems to me like one of those receivers, who never really look dangerous or sharp in his routes, and he somehow always end up finding a way to get open and once he get the ball he doesn't go down easy.
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think of Pryor I think combined with Wallace and Perriman we could have quite a trio. According to Brian McFarland after all our restricted exclusive and ps signings we should have about 4mil left over. If we make all the cuts of doom, Webb, wright, Arrington, Lewis, zuttah, Watson and possibly restructure pitta we should have a cap of 27-30mil. We should be able to sign Wagner Williams and maybe one other free agent I would look at Melvin Ingram strongly chargers are against the cap and I think weddle can be our ambassador and get him here. If we can't sign Williams then we can really play in free agency this year
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Pryor will cost too much honestly.

One guy I think would fit well and doesn't break the bank is Robert Woods.

Thomas5737 wrote:

wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

santiagomn8 wrote:
What do you guys think of Pryor I think combined with Wallace and Perriman we could have quite a trio. According to Brian McFarland after all our restricted exclusive and ps signings we should have about 4mil left over. If we make all the cuts of doom, Webb, wright, Arrington, Lewis, zuttah, Watson and possibly restructure pitta we should have a cap of 27-30mil. We should be able to sign Wagner Williams and maybe one other free agent I would look at Melvin Ingram strongly chargers are against the cap and I think weddle can be our ambassador and get him here. If we can't sign Williams then we can really play in free agency this year

Before getting too excited about the cap space we should be able to clear, we need to consider how much room every else has. Before cutting anyone, even in our own division, the Browns, Bengals and Steelers have $110M, $48M and $42M. Very unlikely we have a net gain of talent in FA with all the $$ out there.
paraven

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kendall wright anyone? maybe a change of scenery can turn his career around
dcarey20

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paraven wrote:
kendall wright anyone? maybe a change of scenery can turn his career around

Not a bad idea. Mostly because I think he's as good a bet as anyone to fly under the radar and be attainable on a team-friendly deal. Maybe a 1 year prove-it deal, or something similar to what we had with Wallace.
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
santiagomn8 wrote:

Before getting too excited about the cap space we should be able to clear, we need to consider how much room every else has. Before cutting anyone, even in our own division, the Browns, Bengals and Steelers have $110M, $48M and $42M. Very unlikely we have a net gain of talent in FA with all the $$ out there.

Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying let's go be like the Giants of next year but making 1 impact signing such as a Ingram or someone of that elk could really make a difference and is plausible
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

santiagomn8 wrote:
Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying let's go be like the Giants of next year but making 1 impact signing such as a Ingram or someone of that elk could really make a difference and is plausible

I had to. Very Happy

Kendall Wright wouldn't be bad. Not really the possession type I had in mind but a slot receiver might be the bigger need with Wallace, Perriman, and Moore all being outside guys. I'm pretty confident that the team won't be spending much on that or any position in free agency. Big money will only be spend on hopefully retaining Baltimore's own free agents. If not... I don't know. That's uncharted territory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 39 of 46

Jump to: