You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Random Ravens Thoughts: Third Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 49, 50, 51  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Perriman didn't actually have surgery on his knee. Dr. Andrews performed a scope but that was just to look at it.

I don't believe anything they say about it lol....

It wasn't just the Ravens who were saying that about it though. Guys like Rapoport, La Canfora, etc. all said it was just a scope too. I really don't think there was another "secret" surgery either. That stuff always gets reported these days.
M.10.E

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ed Reed last man out the tunnel tomorrow. There is a 0% chance we lose this game. I fell in to the rabbit hole of Ed Reed highlights. I miss him

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what I was randomly thinking today? How terrible of a mistake it was to let Corey Graham walk. And for a fairly modest contract at that (4 years, 16 mil).

I think that's one of the lesser talked about mistakes of the front office in recent years. Ozzie and co. get a lot of flak for the Elam and Brown picks, not finding a receiver, etc.

Graham was awesome here and he's been good with the Bills. Hindsight is 20/20, but given the lack of quality corner depth here and around the league, we should have kept him.

And I feel like it's not talked about as much as other mistakes, but is one of the worst ones.
Danand

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:
You know what I was randomly thinking today? How terrible of a mistake it was to let Corey Graham walk. And for a fairly modest contract at that (4 years, 16 mil).

I think that's one of the lesser talked about mistakes of the front office in recent years. Ozzie and co. get a lot of flak for the Elam and Brown picks, not finding a receiver, etc.

Graham was awesome here and he's been good with the Bills. Hindsight is 20/20, but given the lack of quality corner depth here and around the league, we should have kept him.

And I feel like it's not talked about as much as other mistakes, but is one of the worst ones.

But, as far as I remember, he wanted to go to Buffalo. It wasn't the worst "mistake", but as much as we praise Ozzie come draft time and his ability to get compensatory picks, there have been quite a few mishaps the last couple of years, which need to stop now. If they don't, we get to far behind the Steelers and bengals.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham was torched often early on in his last season with the Ravens. He got better during the second half of the year but wasn't great. That contract was pretty fair value for his play leading into free agency.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dcarey20 wrote:

It's not talked about and it absolutely should be. We want guys who can play CB and S? Well, we let one walk for $4m/y who did just that and was only getting better every game. He struggled early on here, but just continued to improve and left on a high note. Boy do I wish we still had him right now.
RayReed2052

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random Ravens thought: Remember Clarence Moore?
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
Let the record show that fans of a team with Tom Brady is making fun of someone else for being a whiner.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RayReed2052 wrote:
Random Ravens thought: Remember Clarence Moore?

My father still has that mans jersey. And only because our last name is Moore. Laughing

ED Reed wrote:
Don't throw it. Don't throw it. I'm enticing them right now, they gonna throw it anyway
Laughing
DougE14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boys, it's Joey Bosa or bust for me in the first round this year.

The dude just creates havoc.

You guys think they'd play him at OLB?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougE14 wrote:
Boys, it's Joey Bosa or bust for me in the first round this year.

The dude just creates havoc.

You guys think they'd play him at OLB?

Bosa is a RUSH (or SAM if need be, he's good at everything) LB in a 3-4. That's not a question. He's probably more athletic than Suggs was when he came out.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he can't play 3-4 OLB, I don't want him. The Ravens don't need another talented D-lineman, not when they could have someone like Tunsil, Ramsey or Treadwell instead.

If he can play that position, then they should snap him up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
If he can't play 3-4 OLB, I don't want him. The Ravens don't need another talented D-lineman, not when they could have someone like Tunsil, Ramsey or Treadwell instead.

He can though. It's not a concern whatsoever. I think a lot of people are thrown off by the early (and wrong) comparisons to Watt. Bosa isn't in the mold of 3-4 DE. He's an EDGE rusher in any scheme.
Rein

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:

I'm afraid we will go for a LT.

Harbaugh and Ozzie has talked numerous times about the fact that we rarely draft high enough to grab a franchise LT. And with the inconsistent health of Eugene Monroe and the fact that Flacco just ruined is knee because of horrible LT play I think it is fair to assume that we will target a LT.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rein wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:

I'm afraid we will go for a LT.

Harbaugh and Ozzie has talked numerous times about the fact that we rarely draft high enough to grab a franchise LT. And with the inconsistent health of Eugene Monroe and the fact that Flacco just ruined is knee because of horrible LT play I think it is fair to assume that we will target a LT.

i will be so disappointed.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a playmaker, but I'd also be ok with a LT like Tunsil. This offense needs protection and I'm tired of depending on Monroe. Plus, we can cut Monroe and do something with that money.

Bosa should be at the top of the board as the heir to Sizzle. The only top tier guy I can't get excited about is Nkemdiche.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 2 of 51

Jump to: