You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince has Better Proday than Leinart
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 49008
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Vince has Better Proday than Leinart Reply with quote

Stole this from another forum, but i thought the same thing when Matt had completed his proday. VY actually did more passes, and was more accurate with those passes. Now, I AM NOT SAYING VY IS THE BETTER PASSSER.
I am simply stating that alot of critism came out of VY pro day, while very little came out of Leinarts. And statistclly, VY did better.

Whats up with that?


Quote:
I hate to make another thread with vince young's name in it because its a bad rash of it going around, but i just wanted to point out something.....



http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-23/1144045422303080.xml


Quote:
Mixing three-, five- and seven-step drops, with several scramble-type plays thrown in, Leinart unofficially threw 46 passes to a half-dozen receivers, including Bush, unofficially completing 36. Of the 46, seven were off the mark, either over- or underthrown, or in one case thrown behind a receiver, and three were dropped.At times, Leinart threw with some zip. Long passes seemed to have plenty of air under them, while those thrown outside the numbers seemed to have adequate velocity.





now im not saying any of that matters to how well leinart will be as a pro, or draft status so dont quote me saying that, all im saying is, if young had this kind of workout, and leinart had this kind....


Quote:
The main event started at 3:15 p.m. -- Young throwing. He started off 7 out of 7. In all, he had a 40-minute workout in which he threw from under center as opposed to out of the shotgun. It gave team personnel an opportunity to evaluate him that way since he worked out of the shotgun predominantly at Texas. He impressed everyone with his arm strength, quick delivery and accuracy. Young made great strides today.

he threw 54 passes, completing 49 of them (with one drop). He threw passes out of a three-step drop, five-step drop and seven-step drop. He finished the 30-minute session by catching a TD pass.






its just i notice people always find something different to focus on, after the rose bowl it was vince being able to throw not his speed and running, now after the pro day its his speed thats a dissapointment but no one mentions his throwing ability or how well he performed......what excuse did he have this time, balls were lighter, wind aided, etc....


Leinart had an average/below average workout, and honestly if his name wasnt matt leinart, and he had this type of workout at the combines he wouldnt of looked better then jacobs, cutler, or croyle for that matter....and look at how much extra time he had to prepare vs every other qb.......


my point is this, MOST people on here bash vince young for no valid reasons, and NEVER give credit when he proves doubters wrong, some people go overboard with him busting, some go overboard with him being the greatest thing ever, but honestly him being at the minimal a SOLID nfl qb shouldnt be that far of a reach, id be more concerned about leinart then young......


but you all can believe what you want, and go off hype and pro style offense all you want, workouts mean alot, young could still be drafted higher then leinart, and young could very easily end up a better qb then leinart would, and its not crazy to call leinart a bust as well
_________________

_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
socalsaints


Joined: 26 Jan 2006
Posts: 2665
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im just taking a shot in the dark since I really didnt see much of either of their pro-days.

Maybe part of it is that Vince was indoors and from what some scouts were saying he was only making easy throws and waiting for his receivers to make their breaks before releasing the ball.

Matt was outdoors and from what I read was making much more difficult passes and was releasing the ball before the recievers made their cuts.

Another thing, accuracy is not really the end all at these workouts. Scouts are looking more closley at how the guy drops back, leads his recievers and is able to get the ball to them in stride.

It sounded to me like Vince took the easy route while Matt really tried to show his skills.
_________________

Thanks to Broncos_Baby for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 23296
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

socalsaints wrote:
It sounded to me like Vince took the easy route while Matt really tried to show his skills.


That's why Leinart will be successful and Vince Young will fail. Leinart will put forth the extra effort to make himself better, where Young will sit back on his arrogant behind and think his his "skill" will be enough to carry him for his career.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
golf333333


Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 08 Mar 2005
Posts: 10060
Location: Mpls
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually heard that Leinart had an awesome pro day and it sounded like Vince was slow...
_________________
golf333333 wrote:
[EDITED BY MODERATOR]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Element


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 1278
Location: Cazenovia, New York
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:

That's why Leinart will be successful and Vince Young will fail. Leinart will put forth the extra effort to make himself better, where Young will sit back on his arrogant behind and think his his "skill" will be enough to carry him for his career.


My thoughts exactly.
_________________
Sig courtesy d24pick

Believe.
One Team.
One City.
One Dream.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheHeadCoach425


Joined: 25 Dec 2005
Posts: 156
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
socalsaints wrote:
It sounded to me like Vince took the easy route while Matt really tried to show his skills.


That's why Leinart will be successful and Vince Young will fail. Leinart will put forth the extra effort to make himself better, where Young will sit back on his arrogant behind and think his his "skill" will be enough to carry him for his career.


After the improvements that V. Young has made over his past 3 years how can you say he does not make the extra effort? He has improved in everyway from a quarterback standpoint and you act like he has done nothing. If he was so arrogant and lazy how do you accomplish what he accomplished. From what I have read he has a strong work ethic and when you watch him play, you can tell.

About the pro days, its all about perception and who you hear it from. I think too big of a deal are placed on them but from what I hear both were solid and did nothing to hurt their stock. Leinart is the most NFL ready so he'll go first but we can not judge the future of these but just guess.

You talk arrogance, didn't Leinart say call him "Broadway Matt?"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
STATION!!


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 1950
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro days aren't everything. Alex Smith supposedly had an amazing pro day last year. I'll bet if he were in the same draft as Vince and Matt, Alex would definitely be picked after them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ares Caesar


Joined: 01 Mar 2005
Posts: 1693
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and to add to what others have said, none of this even takes into account that Leinart is much better at reading defenses and mastering and commanding an offense.

Everyone knows that Vince Young has the physical talent, that he has a good arm, and pretty decent accuracy (despite a weird delivery) it still comes down to his ability to FIND the open guy during a real game, and his ability to grasp a playbook.

The NFL requires football smarts, you can be stupid at everything else but you need good instincts and ability to understand schemes, because talent alone will only take you so far.

Matt Leinart never was going to win any awards for his athletic ability, it all came down to his mental preparedness and his guts/fortitude. The guy has elements of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, and those kind of intangibles are things you'd kill to have in a QB (Which is why Leinart will be the first QB drafted)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
MonserinNC


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 5306
Location: Back in the CHIIII
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every debate about Leinhart and Vince makes me mad as hell. Why do people think Leinart is better? Why do people think Vince is lazy? What has he ever done that showed laziness? Become the national champion with the only players on offense going pro on the O-Line? If he had a better pro-day why is he being bashed? Why is it so hard for people to swallow that he maybe better than there beloved Leinhart?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 49008
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
socalsaints wrote:
It sounded to me like Vince took the easy route while Matt really tried to show his skills.


That's why Leinart will be successful and Vince Young will fail. Leinart will put forth the extra effort to make himself better, where Young will sit back on his arrogant behind and think his his "skill" will be enough to carry him for his career.


PLAN- Your VY bashing is not only getting old, its now getting ludacris. Not only are you incorrect, your MAKING STUFF UP!!!!

VY had every offensive player work 3 a days while the rest of the team did 2-a-days.

He posted a sign that read" All who want to beat ohio state, be here at 8 pm"

6 months before he even played the firggen game!!!!!

Extra work? If VY has done one thing, its put in extra work.

You can say things like "VY is a bust" cause that would be your opinion , and thats fine. But when you say that one of the hardest working players in NCAA is lazy, your going overboard.

We all understand you are from LA, and a huge ML fan. We also understand that the rosebowl probably still hurts a little bit.

BUT COME BACK TO EARTH!
_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Matts4313


Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 49008
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of 12
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonserinNC wrote:
Every debate about Leinhart and Vince makes me mad as hell. Why do people think Leinart is better? Why do people think Vince is lazy? What has he ever done that showed laziness? Become the national champion with the only players on offense going pro on the O-Line? If he had a better pro-day why is he being bashed? Why is it so hard for people to swallow that he maybe better than there beloved Leinhart?


He has a couple man lovers in here.

Funny, but most of them are the same as the "Mike Williams is the best WR ever" crowd.

Such a productive and outstanding rookie campaign.....
_________________


Tony Romos Last pass was a TD against the EAGLES!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tzimisce


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 13 Oct 2005
Posts: 49984
Location: Tuntmore Tower
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pro day means very little for QB prospects, because they can't showcase their ability to read defenses and digest offensive schemes.
_________________

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Status: Emergent
#OnToBaltimore
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 23296
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
We all understand you are from LA, and a huge ML fan. We also understand that the rosebowl probably still hurts a little bit.

BUT COME BACK TO EARTH!


I don't know how many times I have to remind you that I'm a MICHIGAN fan who lives in Los Angeles. I watch a lot of USC games because they're on.

And come back down to Earth? Why is it that so many of you just ignore what so many scouts, managers, teams, pundits, and people say about Vince young's lack of ability as a QB? I'm not the only one who finds him arrogant and incapable of leading a pro team. I'm in the MAJORITY on this one. Argue your homer points all you wish, but Vince Young is not an NFL QB. He is an amazing athlete, and was a fine college QB, but he will fail in the pros. His athletic skills do not translate well to the NFL game.

I find it very sad that so few people can actually see the difference between a pro offense and the option offense. It's night and day, which is why running QB's who have passing issues struggle mightily in the NFL.

Vince Young is too stupid to learn and master an NFL playbook, is horribly inaccurate when it comes to the various kinds of throws downfield and in intermediate routes (not dump-offs to TE's or 7 yard comebacks), and had done nothing to prove that he can lead a pro offense. The only thing he proved is that he can run against mediocre collegiate defenses. He has not proven that he can be a leader of a team, as opposed to being the team. If Vince tries to pull the same garbage in the pros that he did in college, he'll have a very short and injury-riddled career.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ViKingsOWNpackers


Joined: 27 Apr 2005
Posts: 8256
Location: University of Maryland School of Medicine 2014
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
We all understand you are from LA, and a huge ML fan. We also understand that the rosebowl probably still hurts a little bit.

BUT COME BACK TO EARTH!


I don't know how many times I have to remind you that I'm a MICHIGAN fan who lives in Los Angeles. I watch a lot of USC games because they're on.

And come back down to Earth? Why is it that so many of you just ignore what so many scouts, managers, teams, pundits, and people say about Vince young's lack of ability as a QB? I'm not the only one who finds him arrogant and incapable of leading a pro team. I'm in the MAJORITY on this one. Argue your homer points all you wish, but Vince Young is not an NFL QB. He is an amazing athlete, and was a fine college QB, but he will fail in the pros. His athletic skills do not translate well to the NFL game.

I find it very sad that so few people can actually see the difference between a pro offense and the option offense. It's night and day, which is why running QB's who have passing issues struggle mightily in the NFL.

Vince Young is too stupid to learn and master an NFL playbook, is horribly inaccurate when it comes to the various kinds of throws downfield and in intermediate routes (not dump-offs to TE's or 7 yard comebacks), and had done nothing to prove that he can lead a pro offense. The only thing he proved is that he can run against mediocre collegiate defenses. He has not proven that he can be a leader of a team, as opposed to being the team. If Vince tries to pull the same garbage in the pros that he did in college, he'll have a very short and injury-riddled career.


this is the D bag post of the month. Sorry, it just is.

One thing to remember ..opinion doesn't equal fact
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
caseace


Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 383
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
We all understand you are from LA, and a huge ML fan. We also understand that the rosebowl probably still hurts a little bit.

BUT COME BACK TO EARTH!


I don't know how many times I have to remind you that I'm a MICHIGAN fan who lives in Los Angeles. I watch a lot of USC games because they're on.

And come back down to Earth? Why is it that so many of you just ignore what so many scouts, managers, teams, pundits, and people say about Vince young's lack of ability as a QB? I'm not the only one who finds him arrogant and incapable of leading a pro team. I'm in the MAJORITY on this one. Argue your homer points all you wish, but Vince Young is not an NFL QB. He is an amazing athlete, and was a fine college QB, but he will fail in the pros. His athletic skills do not translate well to the NFL game.

I find it very sad that so few people can actually see the difference between a pro offense and the option offense. It's night and day, which is why running QB's who have passing issues struggle mightily in the NFL.

Vince Young is too stupid to learn and master an NFL playbook, is horribly inaccurate when it comes to the various kinds of throws downfield and in intermediate routes (not dump-offs to TE's or 7 yard comebacks), and had done nothing to prove that he can lead a pro offense. The only thing he proved is that he can run against mediocre collegiate defenses. He has not proven that he can be a leader of a team, as opposed to being the team. If Vince tries to pull the same garbage in the pros that he did in college, he'll have a very short and injury-riddled career.



P9M -- you are tripping about VY being horrible...

You are so sure that he is some cut..........

At which point will you understand that VY is one of the best QB prospects in this draft???

Arguably the best prospect???

Your hating is overboard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group