Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Boston Sports V.3-C's off-season plans. Sox 2nd in AL East
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Ace do you want Sox to sign and why?
David Price
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Zack Grienke
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Johnny Cueto
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
They'll trade for an Ace
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Moreland always struck me as a stop gap player, and I am not convinced he can maintain his current pace. His OPS usually hovers just above 700 and his power numbers fluctuate with mediocre RBIs. Most of his career advanced metrics are negative.

He's only had 2 years under .730 and his swing is perfectly suited for Fenway. I think ending the year between .780-.820 is a reasonable projection for him. He could come crashing down, but right now, I think he has to be the guy you lock into DH or 1B for the rest of 2017.
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

23 errors in 25 games for the Red Sox is inexcusable.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ForTheThumb wrote:

That and lack of power in lineup has really hurt us early in the season. Porcello didn't look bad last night though.

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:

That and lack of power in lineup has really hurt us early in the season. Porcello didn't look bad last night though.

This is the most annoying part. The pitching has been really good, especially the starters, but the offense is anemic at times.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hanley is mashing the ball recebtky.

Sale is exceeding the super high expectations us Sox fans already had for him.

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
Hanley is mashing the ball recebtky.

Sale is exceeding the super high expectations us Sox fans already had for him.

So fun to watch.

3rd base is such a concern right now.
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Brad Stevens as much as the next guy, but I'll never understand why he doesn't play Jaylen Brown.

Sox need to take 2/3 at least from the Brewers in this upcoming series. Yankees and Orioles keep winning. Nice to see the offense starting to heat up a little.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was at the game last night in DC, absolutely miserable stretch in that 3rd Quarter. There was break after the first 10 or so points of their run when we were down just 6 and you could just sense the next stretch of play was gonna decide the game. Brad had about 3-4 chances to call timeout to switch it up after that but just kept letting the guys he had out there bleed out until they were down 20. Crowder was a disaster offensively, his body language is so noticeably negative, the guys out there have to be picking up on that. Brown should absolutely be playing over him at this stage, Brad needs to wake this team up and it's not gonna come from doing the same old stuff. Isaiah's not gonna put up 50 every game.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Was at the game last night in DC, absolutely miserable stretch in that 3rd Quarter. There was break after the first 10 or so points of their run when we were down just 6 and you could just sense the next stretch of play was gonna decide the game. Brad had about 3-4 chances to call timeout to switch it up after that but just kept letting the guys he had out there bleed out until they were down 20. Crowder was a disaster offensively, his body language is so noticeably negative, the guys out there have to be picking up on that. Brown should absolutely be playing over him at this stage, Brad needs to wake this team up and it's not gonna come from doing the same old stuff. Isaiah's not gonna put up 50 every game.

Jaylen got plenty of rope in the regular season. Brad must not have seen it in him to perform over long stretches in the post season.

Sigs-Taking Requests
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

Jaylen got plenty of rope in the regular season. Brad must not have seen it in him to perform over long stretches in the post season.

I just worry that they're done in this series the way they're playing. Gotta switch something up, and it's not putting Amir back in the starting lineup

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
dhunt2402 wrote:

I just worry that they're done in this series the way they're playing. Gotta switch something up, and it's not putting Amir back in the starting lineup

The problem is the Wizards match up with us well, and their front court has decent size. Rozier deserves more minutes, and I think Kelly does too. If Crowder doesnt have a good practice before the game, I would think about having Rozier start at the 1, IT at 2, Avery at 3, Kelly at 4, and Horford at 5. Have Crowder and Smart be your first off the bench.

Sigs-Taking Requests
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9 days until the lottery.
Starless

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we buying Eduardo Rodriguez as a 1.1 WHIP/sub-3.00 ERA guy?
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:

Ehh, I'd say just around there. I think he's a damn good #3. If the Red Sox can get Price back their rotation is going to be outstanding. I saw he's making a rehab start in Pawtucket on Sunday, so we shall see.

How about Kimbrel? Guy has been more than lights out. I was upset with Farell pulling Rodriguez yesterday, but I LOVED bringing Kimbrel in the 8th in high leverage. He's on a roll. IMO, he struggle last year because he was hurt and he's back to being his true self. The Sox really need to get at least 1 of Smith/Thornburg back because they don't really have any reliable arms outside of Kimbrel in the pen right now.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ForTheThumb wrote:
Starless wrote:

Ehh, I'd say just around there. I think he's a damn good #3. If the Red Sox can get Price back their rotation is going to be outstanding. I saw he's making a rehab start in Pawtucket on Sunday, so we shall see.

How about Kimbrel? Guy has been more than lights out. I was upset with Farell pulling Rodriguez yesterday, but I LOVED bringing Kimbrel in the 8th in high leverage. He's on a roll. IMO, he struggle last year because he was hurt and he's back to being his true self. The Sox really need to get at least 1 of Smith/Thornburg back because they don't really have any reliable arms outside of Kimbrel in the pen right now.

I havent seen a game in awhile, but Matt Barnes seemed to be having a good opening month. I agree about E-Rod, I think he falters a little bit and settles into that solid #3-4 rotation guy role.

This teams two biggest weaknesses in terms of position is arms in the pen and the hot corner.

Sigs-Taking Requests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 61 of 63

Jump to: