Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Boston Sports V.3-C's steal 1. Down 2-1. Sox about .500
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Ace do you want Sox to sign and why?
David Price
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Zack Grienke
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Johnny Cueto
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
They'll trade for an Ace
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Author Message
everlong


Joined: 11 Feb 2017
Posts: 49
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, how far do y'all think the C's will go as the first seed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1ForTheThumb


Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 341
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
When a knuckleball doesn't knuckle, you get those results. Happened to Wakefield a couple times (or more) every year.

Just the way it goes for those guys


Yup. Was legit tossing BP. Need a good day start from Eddie today to get them back on track.

Bruins stole one last night. Encouraging play from the rookie Mcavoy.
_________________
(XXXVI) (XXXVIII) (XXXIX) (XLIX) (LI)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12648
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

everlong wrote:
So, how far do y'all think the C's will go as the first seed?


They really don't have the bench for a deep playoff run IMO, they could make the ECF
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1ForTheThumb


Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 341
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Benintendi is off to a start and living up to his ROY hype. His strikeout rate is very impressive.

Celtics...what a let down thus far. Bulls are just a terrible match up for them.

Please for once give us some lottery luck.
_________________
(XXXVI) (XXXVIII) (XXXIX) (XLIX) (LI)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12648
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ForTheThumb wrote:
So Benintendi is off to a start and living up to his ROY hype. His strikeout rate is very impressive.

Celtics...what a let down thus far. Bulls are just a terrible match up for them.

Please for once give us some lottery luck.


Have you seen Mookies? He hasnt struck out in 128 ABs.
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1ForTheThumb


Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 341
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Tuesday might get rained out for the Red Sox, but Wednesday is going to be one hell of a pitching match-up... Sale vs. Tanaka.
_________________
(XXXVI) (XXXVIII) (XXXIX) (XLIX) (LI)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bluemushrooms


Joined: 10 Dec 2013
Posts: 2899
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ForTheThumb wrote:
So Benintendi is off to a start and living up to his ROY hype. His strikeout rate is very impressive.

Celtics...what a let down thus far. Bulls are just a terrible match up for them.

Please for once give us some lottery luck.


Game 5 Very Happy Very Happy
_________________

-Sig made by BenderRodriguez

2016 Adopt a Patriot: LeGarrette Blount
2015 Adopt a Patriot: James White

FirstDownFaulk wrote:
Chimdi is Love. Chekwa is Life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
1ForTheThumb


Joined: 06 Dec 2016
Posts: 341
Location: Boston
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Sox offense continues to waste Pedro-esque starts from Sale. I know it's not going to continue to be this bad, but they're off to a troubling start.
_________________
(XXXVI) (XXXVIII) (XXXIX) (XLIX) (LI)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I_GET_SAX


Joined: 17 Nov 2012
Posts: 11127
Location: Ramster on the Sig
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1ForTheThumb wrote:
Red Sox offense continues to waste Pedro-esque starts from Sale. I know it's not going to continue to be this bad, but they're off to a troubling start.


Yeah offense has been especially inept in his starts. It's extremely frustrating.
_________________


Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12648
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
1ForTheThumb wrote:
Red Sox offense continues to waste Pedro-esque starts from Sale. I know it's not going to continue to be this bad, but they're off to a troubling start.


Yeah offense has been especially inept in his starts. It's extremely frustrating.


The O has been pretty all or nothing all season. The only guy we can really rely on is Mookie, everyone else has big question marks at the moment.
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 32059
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how much better the Sox offense will get. There's no power in the middle of the lineup so they're reliant upon stringing together lots of hits. Given the black hole at 3B and C, that will be tough to do consistently.

If Ramirez can get on track, they'll be ok but nothing special. I'm skeptical of him rebounding fully though.

Not really surprising though, last year's performances by Betts and Bradley seem hard to replicate and Pedroia was unusually healthy. Take Ortiz out and throw in Ramirez going back to 2015 form and it's not surprise they're scuffling.

Not sure how they fix it, TBH. Doubt they dump Ramirez until next year at the earliest and DH/3B are the only spots open for a power bat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12648
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I don't know how much better the Sox offense will get. There's no power in the middle of the lineup so they're reliant upon stringing together lots of hits. Given the black hole at 3B and C, that will be tough to do consistently.

If Ramirez can get on track, they'll be ok but nothing special. I'm skeptical of him rebounding fully though.

Not really surprising though, last year's performances by Betts and Bradley seem hard to replicate and Pedroia was unusually healthy. Take Ortiz out and throw in Ramirez going back to 2015 form and it's not surprise they're scuffling.

Not sure how they fix it, TBH. Doubt they dump Ramirez until next year at the earliest and DH/3B are the only spots open for a power bat.


What about 1B? It seems like a topsy turvy year league wide and we might see some unexpected bats become available down the stretch. The question is whether or not he Sox stand to be buyers around deadline season or if they have fallen too far by then.
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 32059
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I don't know how much better the Sox offense will get. There's no power in the middle of the lineup so they're reliant upon stringing together lots of hits. Given the black hole at 3B and C, that will be tough to do consistently.

If Ramirez can get on track, they'll be ok but nothing special. I'm skeptical of him rebounding fully though.

Not really surprising though, last year's performances by Betts and Bradley seem hard to replicate and Pedroia was unusually healthy. Take Ortiz out and throw in Ramirez going back to 2015 form and it's not surprise they're scuffling.

Not sure how they fix it, TBH. Doubt they dump Ramirez until next year at the earliest and DH/3B are the only spots open for a power bat.


What about 1B? It seems like a topsy turvy year league wide and we might see some unexpected bats become available down the stretch. The question is whether or not he Sox stand to be buyers around deadline season or if they have fallen too far by then.


Well, you don't want to take Moreland out of the lineup and he's probably better suited to 1B than DH. And if you get a DH, you need Ramirez to play 1B at times just to keep him in the lineup occasionally.

But yeah, I guess 1B could be a target. That guy would probably end up at DH a lot of the time though
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 32059
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know who would be a nice fit in the lineup or at 3B? Travis Shaw and his 5 HR, .883 OPS.

Good thing Tyler Thornburg is providing dominant relief innings Rolling Eyes

The assets wasted on relief pitching (or relief sitting on the DL) by Dombrowski are really frustrating.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12648
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moreland always struck me as a stop gap player, and I am not convinced he can maintain his current pace. His OPS usually hovers just above 700 and his power numbers fluctuate with mediocre RBIs. Most of his career advanced metrics are negative.
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
Page 60 of 63

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group