Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Boston Sports V.3-Bruins streaking & Celts stood pat
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Ace do you want Sox to sign and why?
David Price
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Zack Grienke
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Johnny Cueto
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
They'll trade for an Ace
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Troy Brown

So after being a huge Lonzo fan and looking and watching more of Fultz I hope we draft him. Fultz literally hasnt even scratched his surface and the lone thing I want from those Nets picks is to build a foundation of talent.

Brown is going to be damn good with more seasoning. Getting Fultz to finally settle the PG position with someone who can defend bigger players and will offensively develop into something special is another step in the right direction.

The more I watch Ball I am reminded of Austin Rivers. The more I watch Fultz he reminds me of a hybrid between Beal and Westbrook. Scary part is the dudes not done growing. Also would make IT expendable and would open the door to give him the max but to later trade him when the time comes to give Fultz the keys. Pairing Fultz for the future with Smart and Brown alone gives me hopes for another banner.

Side note Horford blows.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fultz is also from around my area. Met one of his former coaches the other day so that really got me going on his hype train.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoldenboyGB wrote:
@Troy Brown

So after being a huge Lonzo fan and looking and watching more of Fultz I hope we draft him. Fultz literally hasnt even scratched his surface and the lone thing I want from those Nets picks is to build a foundation of talent.

Brown is going to be damn good with more seasoning. Getting Fultz to finally settle the PG position with someone who can defend bigger players and will offensively develop into something special is another step in the right direction.

The more I watch Ball I am reminded of Austin Rivers. The more I watch Fultz he reminds me of a hybrid between Beal and Westbrook. Scary part is the dudes not done growing. Also would make IT expendable and would open the door to give him the max but to later trade him when the time comes to give Fultz the keys. Pairing Fultz for the future with Smart and Brown alone gives me hopes for another banner.

Side note Horford blows.

I wouldn't take Ball in the top 5, that shot too ugly. Fultz is definitely the prize of the draft. You're right, too, he could probably end up being 6'5-6'6 even. Josh Jackson could also be one of those freakishly athletic wings that actually pans out but I feel like they have a high bust rate.

Horford is essentially the de-facto point guard on this team. I love Horford.

ELRammy
Starless

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No surgery for Price.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
No surgery for Price.

Says the team today. Not sure that means he's out of the woods entirely. We've seen way too many cases of guys going the rest/rehab route and ending up needing surgery. Hopefully, that's not the case
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently Andrews only perscribed him 7-10 days rest. He still riding the pine now but he could still make his 2nd start of the season.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So much prematurity about Price.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy Brown wrote:
GoldenboyGB wrote:
@Troy Brown

Side note Horford blows.

I wouldn't take Ball in the top 5, that shot too ugly. Fultz is definitely the prize of the draft. You're right, too, he could probably end up being 6'5-6'6 even. Josh Jackson could also be one of those freakishly athletic wings that actually pans out but I feel like they have a high bust rate.

Horford is essentially the de-facto point guard on this team. I love Horford.

I just want more of a foundation to say "we walked away with something other than picks" from that nets trade. Smart was a good pick dont get me wrong but I dont think he will be on the roster when the Celtics raise another banner.

With the way things are shaping up we should be good. Draft Fultz this year and another year of the Nets sucking + two summers? Drafting Fultz would make me feel better about letting IT or Bradley walk.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Starless wrote:
No surgery for Price.

Says the team today. Not sure that means he's out of the woods entirely. We've seen way too many cases of guys going the rest/rehab route and ending up needing surgery. Hopefully, that's not the case

Yeah same thing happened with Carson Smith and he ended up getting TJ. I'm still not confident he'll be fine.
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Their diagnosis: The ligaments are intact, and the problem is muscular. But that wasn’t the most interesting thing in their findings.

“[They told me] that I have a very unique elbow, and I’ve heard that before but not from guys that have done the surgeries they’ve done and looked at as many elbows as they’ve looked at. So just to hear it from those two guys, it felt good,” said Price, via MLB.com.

According to the Boston Herald, “very unique” refers to the joint’s ability to heal very quickly.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/boston-red-sox-david-price-injury-update-elbow-unique-no-surgery-spring-training-030417

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
1ForTheThumb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
Quote:
Their diagnosis: The ligaments are intact, and the problem is muscular. But that wasn’t the most interesting thing in their findings.

“[They told me] that I have a very unique elbow, and I’ve heard that before but not from guys that have done the surgeries they’ve done and looked at as many elbows as they’ve looked at. So just to hear it from those two guys, it felt good,” said Price, via MLB.com.

According to the Boston Herald, “very unique” refers to the joint’s ability to heal very quickly.

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/boston-red-sox-david-price-injury-update-elbow-unique-no-surgery-spring-training-030417

Yeah, I'm still not convinced he's out of the woods. Time will tell.

On Price- I wish the guy would just shut his mouth/keep quiet. His comments in his interview in the globe...just smh. So soft.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Panda is earning his job back.

Sigs-Taking Requests
patsfan06

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:

Wasn't much standing in the way of him earning it back.

But I hope he can at least be an average MLB 3rd baseman. Regardless of contract, that would be an upgrade from what we've got from the 3B position since Beltre left.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:

I'd be happy with slightly below average. I'm skeptical that he'll be even that good.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:

I'd be happy with slightly below average. I'm skeptical that he'll be even that good.

Obviously you have to take spring training stats with massive grains of salt, but a .370 average with a .960 OPS is promising. The thing that scares me is his 8 SO and not a single walk.

Sigs-Taking Requests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 57, 58, 59  Next
Page 58 of 59

Jump to: