You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Boston Sports V.3-C's add Heyward/Sox red hot heading to ASG
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Ace do you want Sox to sign and why?
David Price
60%
 60%  [ 6 ]
Zack Grienke
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Johnny Cueto
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
They'll trade for an Ace
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

PoWww

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
Ortiz retiring after this year

Really dislike that he's going the Jeter farewell tour route, but I'm not surprised because Big Papi has always loved the spotlight.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

Not surprised as this will be his age 40 season. A lot of fans, not here, will see Ortiz as a great player but one who constantly whined about the money he got. He has been almost a lock for 30hr and 100 RBI during his tenure here and absolutely clutch. I don't think we have one of the 3 rings we have without him. We've had head cases in Boston. We've had underperformers too. He is neither. People have been writing him off due to age for several seasons now, probably the last 5-6, but he's been very consistent for the Sox in his career. Don't think he's a HOFer but that's due to the PEDs leak and DH position.

Might take awhile but I think he gets into the HOF. Especially if he has a good year and retires with around 530 HR.

500 HR and his post season heroics will count for a lot.

I think he gets in unless something a lot more damning than what's already out there comes to light. When people look back at the last 15 years he's one of the top 5 names that'll come to mind. Between '04 and his ridiculous run in '13, no one does that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:

Not surprised as this will be his age 40 season. A lot of fans, not here, will see Ortiz as a great player but one who constantly whined about the money he got. He has been almost a lock for 30hr and 100 RBI during his tenure here and absolutely clutch. I don't think we have one of the 3 rings we have without him. We've had head cases in Boston. We've had underperformers too. He is neither. People have been writing him off due to age for several seasons now, probably the last 5-6, but he's been very consistent for the Sox in his career. Don't think he's a HOFer but that's due to the PEDs leak and DH position.

Might take awhile but I think he gets into the HOF. Especially if he has a good year and retires with around 530 HR.

500 HR and his post season heroics will count for a lot.

I think he gets in unless something a lot more damning than what's already out there comes to light. When people look back at the last 15 years he's one of the top 5 names that'll come to mind. Between '04 and his ridiculous run in '13, no one does that.

Even if it comes out that he was using steroids, people will just assume he was using them wrong.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
m haynes

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a sad note. Doug Flutie parents passed away on the same day. My prayers go out to him and his family.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14163864/former-nfl-quarterback-doug-flutie-parents-die-same-day
NMM11

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many years do you thk the Sox offer Price?
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NMM11 wrote:
How many years do you thk the Sox offer Price?

They'll want to stick to 6, but I think they'll go 7 if they need to.

Not paying Lester back in Spring 2014 is going to end up costing them soooo much money.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of rumblings regarding Sox potentially adding Price for 7/$210m. Citing Dave Dombrowski as a reason why Sox should be favored to add him.

Boston Globe today is reporting Sox are actively trying to move Hanley and would have to eat at least 50% of 68m on deal.

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*
NMM11

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so much for the Sox not wanting to give huge deal to SP's in their 30's
Laughing

btw anyone else watch the Bruin-Ranger game on Friday? Really entertaining game. 5 in a row now for the B's.
PoWww

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I_GET_SAX wrote:
A lot of rumblings regarding Sox potentially adding Price for 7/$210m. Citing Dave Dombrowski as a reason why Sox should be favored to add him.

Boston Globe today is reporting Sox are actively trying to move Hanley and would have to eat at least 50% of 68m on deal.

Really happy Zimmerman is going to Detroit. I wanted nothing to do with him and I would be worried if DD missed out on Price or Grienke that'd he throw a ton of $$$ at Zimmerman.
mcmurtry86

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoWww wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Really happy Zimmerman is going to Detroit. I wanted nothing to do with him and I would be worried if DD missed out on Price or Grienke that'd he throw a ton of $$$ at Zimmerman.

Surprised that so many Sox fans seem to think Grienke is a good idea given his documented preference for the west coast and his anxiety disorder. A huge contract for him from the Sox would be a really risky proposition and a big mistake IMO.
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
PoWww wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

Surprised that so many Sox fans seem to think Grienke is a good idea given his documented preference for the west coast and his anxiety disorder. A huge contract for him from the Sox would be a really risky proposition and a big mistake IMO.

I think he'd crumble with his anxiety history and the media in Boston. I'm all in for Price as the FA Ace target.

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*
PoWww

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
PoWww wrote:
I_GET_SAX wrote:

I don't think he comes here(ultimately I think they get Price) but I wouldn't be opposed to it. From everything I've read his anxiety issues seem to be under control now, he's best friends with Bannister and Baird drafted him. I think he'd be comfortable here.
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/671394683134877696

Red Sox sign OF Chris Young to multi-year deal. Very good signing for us. He's made for Fenway - big time pull hitter from the right side of the plate.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/671394683134877696

Red Sox sign OF Chris Young to multi-year deal. Very good signing for us. He's made for Fenway - big time pull hitter from the right side of the plate.

He will be a really good platoon bat/back up/insurance policy for that young outfield.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Starless

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the Chris Young signing mean he'll be the 4th OF or is JBJ/Rusney getting moved?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 2 of 64

Jump to: