You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
game3525 wrote:
Man, TT did a nice job in this draft.

And to think I was about to roast him for potentially picking Stanley just two days ago.Laughing

Call me crazy, but I think we are winning the AFC West

It's not crazy. We have the best QB in the division.
game3525

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
game3525 wrote:

And to think I was about to roast him for potentially picking Stanley just two days ago.Laughing

Not there yet, KC is still very good.

But I think we should be able to go 8-8/9-7 and if a few things go our way, then we may get a WC spot.
Bolts223

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
game3525 wrote:

But I think we should be able to go 8-8/9-7 and if a few things go our way, then we may get a WC spot.

I don't think 9-7 gets a WC spot. In the AFC North I would be very surprised if Pittsburgh or Cincinnati both don't win at least 10 games. In the AFC West I think that Kansas City, Denver and Oakland are all capable of winning 10 games. And the Chargers have to be able to win games within the division.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolts223 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
game3525 wrote:

I don't think 9-7 gets a WC spot. In the AFC North I would be very surprised if Pittsburgh or Cincinnati both don't win at least 10 games. In the AFC West I think that Kansas City, Denver and Oakland are all capable of winning 10 games. And the Chargers have to be able to win games within the division.

Not Cincy. Baltimore will be back. Injuries plagued them

1. Pittsburgh
2. New England
3. San Diego
4. Jacksonville
5. Baltimore
6. Buffalo.

That's right. Buffalo. That defense got scary with the additions of Shaq Lawson and Reggie Ragland. Plus A Washington. I also considered putting Kansas city, Houston, and Indianapolis
Neutral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intrigued by (UDFA) FB Chris Swain

Would like to see if he can be our new Tolbert
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral wrote:

JJ's Brother is our next Tolbert
Wilkieray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched some Jatavis Brown tape and what stuck out was:

Sure tackling and explosiveness.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chargerbuckeye wrote:
Neutral wrote:

JJ's Brother is our next Tolbert

JJ's brother has 6 carries on his carrier. Can't call anyone the next Tolbert off that. Swain has shown to offer waaaaay more as a power-back. That said, I could see both make the roster.

Also, Big Swede (Sebastian Johannson)probably gets put on the PS this year, but he can be legit. 4th SPARQiest OL in the class and an ACTUAL Viking.
http://www.stack.com/a/meet-sebastian-johansson-the-incredibly-strong-swedish-born-lineman-who-could-be-the-steal-of-the-2016-draft

Also, Kellen Clemens' job is soooooo safe if the "best" we're going to bring in to challenge him is Bryn Renner and Mike "Can't Hit the Broad Side of a Barn" Bercovici.
Laughing

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
game3525 wrote:

I think this team's good enough to get to 10, maybe more wins, especially with this schedule. I think we're talented enough to split with each of the divisional teams, and I'm not sure I see a sure loss on the schedule outside of Carolina, but they're probably the best team in the league as of right now. Arizona is a team I think we could compete with honestly....and that seems like the game this year where Rivers' will play out of his mind and we'll play above our ability. Other than that the AFCS sucks (though Jax is VERY interesting this year, adding Fowler, Ramsey and Jack to a defense in 1 year, a great player at every level of the D).

I'm absolutely in love with what Telesco did this year. He basically took guys after the first round, where we had average-ish starters, and brought in a guy to push them. Te'o at ILB, Watt at C, Henry at TE (though thats not really what I'm describing), and maybe Addae at SS (depending on where we're actually going to play Jatavis Brown, and what our scheme calls for). You put that together with Watt and Mebane on the DL and this is a good team all around, with the kind of "stack um deep and let them compete" mentality. I'm all about that.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
game3525

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
game3525 wrote:

I think this team's good enough to get to 10, maybe more wins, especially with this schedule. I think we're talented enough to split with each of the divisional teams, and I'm not sure I see a sure loss on the schedule outside of Carolina, but they're probably the best team in the league as of right now. Arizona is a team I think we could compete with honestly....and that seems like the game this year where Rivers' will play out of his mind and we'll play above our ability. Other than that the AFCS sucks (though Jax is VERY interesting this year, adding Fowler, Ramsey and Jack to a defense in 1 year, a great player at every level of the D).

I'm absolutely in love with what Telesco did this year. He basically took guys after the first round, where we had average-ish starters, and brought in a guy to push them. Te'o at ILB, Watt at C, Henry at TE (though thats not really what I'm describing), and maybe Addae at SS (depending on where we're actually going to play Jatavis Brown, and what our scheme calls for). You put that together with Watt and Mebane on the DL and this is a good team all around, with the kind of "stack um deep and let them compete" mentality. I'm all about that.

Talent wise, they can get to 10.....my concern is the injury issue. Every year, I tell myself that things should be better and nothing has change in that regard.
Neutral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
Also, Kellen Clemens' job is soooooo safe if the "best" we're going to bring in to challenge him is Bryn Renner and Mike "Can't Hit the Broad Side of a Barn" Bercovici.
Laughing

just waiting for Matt McGloin to become a free agent Pray
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffman57 wrote:
game3525 wrote:
chargerbuckeye wrote:
game3525 wrote:

You mean Bosa. But hey, if he becomes as good as JJ Watt, I'M ECSTATIC. I'M ALREADY ECSTATIC ABOUT THIS SEASON.

TE'O bout to lose his job to Perry
Bolts223

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm worried that Bosa will end up like Jadeveon Clowney. He ends up being forced into a system that isn't a great fit for him and is never able to live up to his potential.
chargerbuckeye

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolts223 wrote:
I'm worried that Bosa will end up like Jadeveon Clowney. He ends up being forced into a system that isn't a great fit for him and is never able to live up to his potential.

JJ Watt didn't fit the texans system, but look at what he is doing. JJ Watt is his own system
Duffman57

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolts223 wrote:

Microfracture surgery is what did Clowney in. It had nothing to do with scheme. Bosa will fit just fine here.

Also something that I noted on Bosa, is that people dock him for not being athletic enough, but its RARE to see a guy thats 270+ (i'm giving him the Benefit of the doubt on the 1 lb) with about a 4.2s Shuttle and a sub 7.0 three cone, let alone a sub 6.9....this agility and fluidity is the rare trait that he posses IMO, and thats what's going to give him success. He isn't all that explosive, but his combination of technique, power and ability to bend and get the edge on an OL is insane for someone that big.

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Los Angeles Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36

Jump to: