You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Texas Longhorn Thread 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texasmade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sick list of kids coming in for Tom Herman's first JR day in Austin.

QB Tanner Mordecai, Waco Midway - 4*
QB Casey Thompson, Southmoore (Okla.) - 4*
QB Justin Rogers, Parkway (La.) - 4*

RB Keontay Ingram, Carthage - 3/4*

WR Terrace Marshall, Bossier City (La.) Parkway - 5*
WR Jalen Preston, Manvel - 4*
WR Joshua Moore, IMG Academy (Fla.) - 4*
WR Al'vonte Woodard, Houston Lamar - 4*
WR Brennan Eagles, Alief Taylor -4*
WR Erik Ezukanma, Keller Timber Creek - 4*
WR Theo Wease, Allen (2019) - 4*
WR Jonathan Shepherd, Kilgore - 3*
WR Michael Woods, Magnolia - 3*
WR Tommy Bush, Schertz Clemens - 3*

TE Bralen Taylor, Cuero - 3*

OL Rafiti Ghurmai, Frisco Wakeland -3*
OL Trey Stratford, Allen - 3*
OL Chasen Hines, Marshall - 3*
OL Kenyon Green, Atascocita (2019) - 4*

DE Max Wright, Katy Taylor - 4*
DE Taylor Upshaw, Braden River (Fla.) - 3*
DE Miles Emery, Blue Valley North (KS) - 3*

DT Joshua Landry, Houston Lamar -3*
DT Keondre Coburn, Spring Westfield - 4*
DT Jordan Redmond, Osceola (Fla.) - 3*
DT Shabazz Dotson, Cedar Hill - 3*

ILB Joshua Reed, Houston Heights -
ILB Chad Bailey, FB Ridge Point
OLB DeMarvion Overshown, Arp -4*

CB Anthony Cook, Houston Lamar - 5*
CB D'Shawn Jamison, Houston Lamar - 4*
CB Gemon Green, DeSoto - 3*
CB Brannon Webb, Aledo (2019) - NR

S BJ Foster, Angleton - 5*
S Isaiah Humphries, Sachse - 4*
S Leon O'Neal Jr., Cy Springs - 4*
S Jordan Moore, Yoakum - 4*
S Patrick Fields, Tulsa Union (OK) - 3*
S Atanza Vongor, South Grand Prairie - 4*

ATH Jaquayln Crawford, Rockdale - 4*
ATH Ta'Zhawn Henry, Houston Lamar - 4*
ATH Chance Amie, Tyler Lee - 3*
ATH Julon Williams, Converse Judson - 3/4*
Texasmade

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article on Tom Herman's initial priorities in Austin. Really paints a picture as to just how far the program had slipped under twilight years Mack Brown and Charlie Strong.

http://www.si.com/college-football/2017/02/16/texas-longhorns-tom-herman-rebuild?
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That list is huge. Hope we land a couple commitments this weekend. think Watkins commits and a safety.

Winning will solve everything when it comes to Foster/Cook and the big guys.

I'm predicting we get 8.

Apparently Foster will be in Austin all weekend.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good read from the coaches clinic from someone in attendance. The organizational structure and attention to detail, is night and day from the previous staff.

Quote:
"Hey all, your favorite coach is checking back in. About a week ago, I just happened upon the UT athletics website and saw an ad for this clinic. I'd get to hear/meet UT coaches and Bill Belichick was giving a keynote address. A lot of things to go over so I will try.

Note: I have pictures. Gonna try to add them on here, but I'm on mobile and we will just see how that works out. Also, I realize I'm a Tech fan/alum, I don't believe any of the things I mention will give away anything that UT coaches wouldn't tell you themselves in an interview or something. So, I don't think I'm spoiling anything.

The cost. This clinic was only $50. Now, don't get any ideas, they confirm your school and whatnot so they don't allow just anyone into the clinic. Still 50 bucks to really be able to see one of the most profitable athletic departments and football programs, and see the greatest NFL coach..it's really something special. The athletic department gets some praise on this.

The atmosphere. I felt welcomed by every member of staff and coach that I came across, even Coach Herman himself. That was a big theme of the weekend, that Texas high school football was dear to their hearts. There were 800something coaches and I didn't hear one complaint.

What they said. I realize that's part of the last point I made, but they all talked about this opportunity being their dream come true. Herman mentioned he's moved 6 times in the last 11 years and he plans on his kids graduating high school from here. They talked about what players they want, expectations of players, and expectations of themselves. This wasn't arrogance, but confidence. From an outsiders perspective it was moving how much they cared about UT.
Before I make my next points, please note I'm not an expert on UT football, as I'm an obvious Tech fan, I usually focus on Tech on Saturdays during fall. Here are some observations.

Defense. I honestly can't tell you how defense was during last season. But it is a crime that Todd Orlando isn't a head coach by now (its possible he's turned it down). He was very excited about the drills he works with his players and went over a bunch of them for us coaches. If you're a UT fan weary of how UT will do next year, I'd expect your defense to keep you in games. The secondary looked really good in practice, especially. They swatted balls, made interceptions, disrupted plays.

The offense. I'm not sure the offense will take a big step forward next year. Buechele looked okay in practice, and may have gained a little muscle too. Most of the drills I saw of QBs focused on footwork. The backups looked comparable to Buechele when they were taking snaps, so I'm not sure there was a lot of daylight between 1st and 2nd string. Just an observation.

Mack stops by. Coach Brown stopped by. He always came off a little...weird to me, like a fake good ole boy type. Well, after hearing him speak and come watch practice, I've changed my opinion on him. He's a great symbol for the school to keep around. When Herman introduced him, he said there'd be a statue of him one day. Brown got on the mic and said "Darrell Royal once told me statues were only good for birds to [inappropriate/removed] on." Great stuff here.

The GOAT. Belichick shows up in a suit. He even suggested "I bet you guys all thought I'd be in a gray sweatshirt." But he talked about the team, how they all know each other and are truly brothers. He talked about the fundamentals of the game being what he focuses on the most. He also had a great story, that I'll type out in BB's own words.
"I was the Special Teams coach for the Giants a while back. We were playing the Steelers in a preseason game, so we had a lot of 3rd strong guys in. We're down by one point in field goal range with 3 seconds left. Our kicker comes out and the other team calls a timeout to ice him. The kicker comes over to me. Parcells looks at me like 'What is there to talk about?' The kicker says, 'I've never kicked through these uprights before. Coach Parcells has me kick to the other ones.' I say to him, 'The ones you've been kicking through are more narrow than these ones. You've got this.'"

I can't do it justice, so read it in a monotone voice with "uh" as every few words.

Meeting Herman. I shook his hand, got a dude to take our picture, and threw up the hook em sign. I immediately chopped off my own hand. In all seriousness, part of me wanted to throw up a guns up sign, but I just didn't want to be disrespectful to the man. You don't toss dinner in the trash can after a persons cooked it for you, so, when in Rome.
8b. The food. They really could've mailed this in, but they didn't. They had fried fish for lunch, and it was probably some of the best fish I've ever had. Dinner was no joke either. Kind of a stew with beans, brisket, and sausage"

https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/64bfss/went_to_a_coaches_clinic_at_university_of_texas/
DalCowboyzRule

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
as I'm an obvious Tech fan, I usually focus on Tech on Saturdays during fall.

Quote:
Meeting Herman. I shook his hand, got a dude to take our picture, and threw up the hook em sign.

Fake news.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DalCowboyzRule wrote:
Quote:
as I'm an obvious Tech fan, I usually focus on Tech on Saturdays during fall.

Quote:
Meeting Herman. I shook his hand, got a dude to take our picture, and threw up the hook em sign.

Fake news.
http://i.imgur.com/H65QtF3.jpg

Photoshopped, imo.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/TexasFootball/status/854025450758168577

Some renderings of the new locker room. Doesn't look too dramatically different and/or unique from any other locker room around the country, but nonetheless it still looks nice.
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we got 2 4* QB's. wonder which one isn't sticking.
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna asssume the 2 recent 2019 guys who decommitted from OU are Texas leans. how is it looking for Pledger TM?
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we stole another guy from OU. When is one of the big Texas guys gonna committ?
Texasmade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:
Now that we stole another guy from OU. When is one of the big Texas guys gonna committ?
A few of them already have. They're just waiting to announce. There will be a commitment video or two, over the next couple months and I'd venture a guess there will be a lot of Texas buzz at the opening as well.
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:
A few of them already have. They're just waiting to announce. There will be a commitment video or two, over the next couple months and I'd venture a guess there will be a lot of Texas buzz at the opening as well.

Feel free to name, names
Texasmade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:

Feel free to name, names
I don't have exact names, but I'd start with the kids with a Houston area code and who've made multiple visits since February.

If we're throwing out names for the sake of throwing out names, BJ Foster, Jalen Green, Al'Vonte Woodard and Deshawn Jamison would be solid options to lay your money on.
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texasmade wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:

Feel free to name, names
I don't have exact names, but I'd start with the kids with a Houston area code and who've made multiple visits since February.

If we're throwing out names for the sake of throwing out names, BJ Foster, Jalen Green, Al'Vonte Woodard and Deshawn Jamison would be solid options to lay your money on.

I've heard Waddle also.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:
Texasmade wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:

Feel free to name, names

I've heard Waddle also.
Him too.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 34 of 36

Jump to: