FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
buno67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:
Video of Barkley running the 40 last week

https://twitter.com/PennStateFball/status/836951916412305409
I opened the video up in quick time to measure it. It's hard to tell what the full 40 is because you can't see the finish line, but I stopped it when they stopped it and also got 4.33 for his 40. I also got 1.55 for his first 10 and 2.62 for his first 20.

Zeke last year at the combine ran those splits. His 10 was 1.58 and his 20 was 2.62. he ended up running a 4.47 40.

So I don't know about that 4.33 speed or your timing ability lol
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:

I opened the video up in quick time to measure it. It's hard to tell what the full 40 is because you can't see the finish line, but I stopped it when they stopped it and also got 4.33 for his 40. I also got 1.55 for his first 10 and 2.62 for his first 20.

Zeke last year at the combine ran those splits. His 10 was 1.58 and his 20 was 2.62. he ended up running a 4.47 40.

I'm not hand timing it. I scroll through the frames and stop the video the moment he lifts up his hand (that's when the run officially starts). I mark that point in the video (0.64 seconds into the video in this case) and then subtract that time from the point in the video where he finishes the run or when he gets to 10 yards, 20 yards, etc. to find how fast he ran. The only way this method can be incorrect is if you start it at the wrong time, end it at the wrong time, or if frames are removed from the video (I didn't notice any). There can also be a small standard deviation depending on the frame rate of the video.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
VanS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danger wrote:
Reportedly ran a 4.33.

Kid has ample size at 5'11" 233 and good agility to boot. Complete package in my opinion. Sometimes he does struggle if the opposing defense puts 8 in the box.

I doubt he has that sort of speed. Barkley looks more like a high 4.4/low 4.5 guy. But what he lacks in blazing speed, he more than makes up for in terms of power, vision, agility, and acceleration.

Best RB prospect I've seen since Adrian Peterson.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="VanS"]
Danger wrote:
Reportedly ran a 4.33.

Kid has ample size at 5'11" 233 and good agility to boot. Complete package in my opinion. Sometimes he does struggle if the opposing defense puts 8 in the box.

I doubt he has that sort of speed. Barkley looks more like a high 4.4/low 4.5 guy. But what he lacks in blazing speed, he more than makes up for in terms of power, vision, agility, and acceleration.

Best RB prospect I've seen since Adrian Peterson.[/quote]

Maybe not that far, but Barkley is better than zeke as a prospect IMO.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
buno67 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:

I'm not hand timing it. I scroll through the frames and stop the video the moment he lifts up his hand (that's when the run officially starts). I mark that point in the video (0.64 seconds into the video in this case) and then subtract that time from the point in the video where he finishes the run or when he gets to 10 yards, 20 yards, etc. to find how fast he ran. The only way this method can be incorrect is if you start it at the wrong time, end it at the wrong time, or if frames are removed from the video (I didn't notice any). There can also be a small standard deviation depending on the frame rate of the video.

Im just saying. One of those things arent the same. Just saying he really didnt run a 4.3 40 or he has some godly gear that he got even faster at the 25/30 mark. Also prolly doesnt help in the video you dont see him cross the line. That could be a difference but who knows
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buno67 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
buno67 wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:

Im just saying. One of those things arent the same. Just saying he really didnt run a 4.3 40 or he has some godly gear that he got even faster at the 25/30 mark. Also prolly doesnt help in the video you dont see him cross the line. That could be a difference but who knows
It's possible the frame rate was off as well. Not a perfect science.

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: