Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packer Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
Outside of his 1 year in NE, he's largely been a disappointment his entire career.

I really was more disappointed with what he did in NE than anything. Bennett had no competition and for what you have seen out of Tom Brady and his TE's in the past he should have had larger numbers that that, I thought.

Honestly his best years were his year in New York and his first two in Chicago. Injuries really have been a plague to him. Teams still fear Rudolph in Minnesota more than they will fear Bennett in Green Bay.

But yes, of course he is still an upgrade over Cook.
Kind of like some of our signings this offseason, they are upgrades for us, but nothing really to fear for other teams as of right now.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers: “We probably need a couple more pieces on defense before the season starts, but we’re going to be really tough to stop on offense. Mike [McCarthy] has a great system there that’s ever evolving and changing. I put my stamp on it once we get it down on paper. It’s exciting, man. Green Bay Packers fans should be really excited about this season and the possibilities.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/24/aaron-rodgers-packers-fans-should-be-excited/

R-E-L-A-X, Aaron...

Everson Griffen: “We can be special. But it’s up to us.”
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:
disaacs wrote:
Outside of his 1 year in NE, he's largely been a disappointment his entire career.

I really was more disappointed with what he did in NE than anything. Bennett had no competition and for what you have seen out of Tom Brady and his TE's in the past he should have had larger numbers that that, I thought.

Honestly his best years were his year in New York and his first two in Chicago. Injuries really have been a plague to him. Teams still fear Rudolph in Minnesota more than they will fear Bennett in Green Bay.

When you factor in which offense they each play in and who is throwing them the ball, I doubt that.

Rudolph is a fine TE, but I don't know if he "strikes fear" into opposing defenses.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
last year's vikings were far better than the packers team that just won
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reported that Joe Mixon visited with the Packers last week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/02/packers-had-joe-mixon-in-for-a-visit/

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Bennett will end up with pro bowl numbers. Good call moving on from Cook.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I think Bennett will end up with pro bowl numbers. Good call moving on from Cook.

Definitely an upgrade for them. If GB can find a RB in the draft and OL depth, that offense could be a nightmare to deal with.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bennett situation will be an interesting one to monitor. Throughout AR's history, he either peppers his No. 1 TE with a lot of targets or it's a pretty even split between the top two guys.

2016: Cook 51, Rodgers 47
2015: Rodgers 85
2014: Quarless 46, Rodgers 30
2013: Quarless 53, Finley 34
2012: Finley 87
2011: Finley 92
2010: Quarless 33, Finley 26
2009: Finley 72, Lee 54
2008: Lee 50

I think everyone assumes Bennett will be the main guy, but I wouldn't be surprised if they split them up. It's possible Bennett's biggest contribution to the team will come in the run game.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next time Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has a bad game, the unnamed agents are going to have to find someone else to blame. According to People Magazine, Rodgers and actress-girlfriend Olivia Munn have split up after three years.

“They have amicably ended their relationship of three years,” a source told People, saying the couple “remains close friends and wish nothing but the best for each other moving forward.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/07/report-aaron-rodgers-and-olivia-munn-break-up/

gopherwrestler

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The next time Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers has a bad game, the unnamed agents are going to have to find someone else to blame. According to People Magazine, Rodgers and actress-girlfriend Olivia Munn have split up after three years.

So now he is basically down to no family.

“Once you’ve wrestled, everything else in life is easy.”
-Dan Gable
vike daddy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gopherwrestler wrote:

he'll always have Brett...

SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel kind of bad for him.

I mean the family issues is his own fault, but he has like nobody outside of football. Confused

and once he starts to decline, then what?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
gopherwrestler wrote:

he'll always have Brett...

No, he'll have his championship belt and his State Farm family.

Thx to Lil Uno!
BobSacamano

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

I mean the family issues is his own fault, but he has like nobody outside of football. Confused

You buds with Aaron or his family to know that or just making uninformed assumptions based on what you see on reality TV/ read? I'm guessing the latter. No one knows why they have issues aside from he and his family really and its also really not anyone else's concern.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobSacamano wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

You buds with Aaron or his family to know that or just making uninformed assumptions based on what you see on reality TV/ read? I'm guessing the latter. No one knows why they have issues aside from he and his family really and its also really not anyone else's concern.

If its nobodies concern then why respond?

Its not uneducated to say he's had a part in that fallout, even if the news/TV talk is only half true. There is something of substance at work. That, and typically fallouts aren't one sided affairs. It is his own fault. Its probably his family's fault too.

I wonder what he will do when he retires from football, assuming he sticks around for another 5-7 years.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
BobSacamano wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

If its nobodies concern then why respond?

Its not uneducated to say he's had a part in that fallout, even if the news/TV talk is only half true. There is something of substance at work. That, and typically fallouts aren't one sided affairs. It is his own fault. Its probably his family's fault too.

You didn't say he was a part of it. You stated it was his fault.

Now you're back tracking to say he could have been part of it and it is probably his family's fault too. Which is probably smarter because almost anyone making assumptions about the situation is doing so out of ignorance.

I don't know what happened there and neither do you, so it's really not smart to start assigning blame on people in a situation you're not familiar with is the point.

KingTarvaris7 wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 40 of 41

Jump to: