Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FFMD2: War Room
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Draft Ryan Leaf

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: FFMD2: War Room Reply with quote

Buffalo Bills War Room

General Manager - Draft Ryan Leaf

Head Coach - AmazinElder

Assistant GM - Ice

Offensive Coordinator - SDninetyeight

Defensive Scout - McGahee

Draft Picks

First Round (eight)
Second Round (42)
Third Round (70) from Tennessee
Third Round (73)
Fourth Round (105)
Fifth Round (134) from Houston
Fifth Round (143)
Sixth Round (178)
Seventh Round (216)
Seventh Round (248) compensatory

Trade Block

OLB Jeff Posey
S Troy Vincent
DE Chris Kelsay
DE Ryan Denney
QB J.P. Losman
QB Kelly Holcomb

Any representatives from other teams interested in any of these players, feel free to make us an offer. We are looking for quick, one-gap defensive tackles, coverage safeties, and possibly a veteran wide receiver.

Projected Depth Chart

QB ... Kelly Holcomb ... J.P. Losman ... Craig Nall
RB ... Willis McGahee ... Shaud Williams ... Lionel Gates
FB ... Daimon Shelton ... Joe Burns
WR ... Lee Evans ... Josh Reed ... Jon Smith
WR ... Roscoe Parrish ... Andre Davis ... Sam Aiken
TE ... Kevin Everett ... Robert Royal ... Tim Euhus
LT ... Mike Gandy ... Greg Jerman
RT ... Jason Peters ... Dylan McFarland
G ... Bennie Anderson
G ... Chris Villarial ... Justin Geisinger
C ... Duke Preston ... Melvin Fowler

RE ... Aaron Schobel
LE ... Chris Kelsay ... Ryan Denney
DT ... Larry Tripplett ... Lauvale Sape
DT ... Tim Anderson
SLB ... Jeff Posey ... Angelo Crowell
MLB ... London Fletcher ... Mario Haggan
WLB ... Takeo Spikes ... Josh Stamer
CB ... Nate Clements ... Eric King
CB ... Terrence McGee ... Jabari Greer
S ... Troy Vincent ... Rashad Baker
S ... Matt Bowen ... Coy Wire

Anyone who still wants to get involved is more than welcome and will have a role. Everyone's opinion matters.

The official job descriptions are ...

General Manager (Draft Ryan Leaf) - Will make all of the final decisions, and is in control of everything, ranging from trades to picks, but he should not let the power go to his head. The HC, and the rest of the staff should be greatly infulencing every decision he makes.

Head Coach (AmazinElder) - Has a key part in all of the decisions, but his focus is mainly on the team itself, rather than looking up players or searching for trade options.

Assistant GM (Ice) - Very close to the GM, but his job mostly involves looking for trade options around the league. When he hears another team's player/pick is on the block, he tries to get a feel for different deals they can make for that player/pick and sends that info to the team. Trade offers should be directed towards him, and he shares them with the team. He is not the onyl one who can talk or negotiate trades, but trades should be sent through him, and he should be very involved in the trade situation.

Offensive Coordinator (SDninetyeight) - Helps decide needs and works with the offensive scout to look for help on offense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

Offensive scout - Is responsible for helping out with info on all offensive players- college and pro. Works with the offensive coordinator to work out good offensive picks.

Defensive Coordinator - Helps decide needs and works with the defensive scout to look for help on offense. Focus is on fitting the guy into their specific team.

Defensive scout (McGahee) - Is responsible for helping out with info on all defensive players- college and pro. Works with the defensive coordinator to work out good defensive picks.

Scout - Their jobs are focused on the draft. They should help out with all decisions however, and are not just limited to helping out with the draft. They have no specific job, but they offer their opinions and advice on all matters. There may be multiple scouts on one staff.

Nall Ball: Nalls to the wall!

Last edited by Draft Ryan Leaf on Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:51 pm; edited 13 times in total
dabs21nike

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Assistant GM
I would like to do this because I know a lot about other teams as well as the Bills. I think I could find a few deals out there that would help our team. I also like dealing with the trading of draft picks because you can always find a steal to move up or down.

2. Head Coach
I know a lot about the Bills are our current team. If I was Head Coach, I could look at the team and find holes and needs.

After that I don't really care where I get put as long as I'm on the staff I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill take offensive cooridnator, because I personally believe I know what we need to improve this "weak" offense into a solid contender. If I think of another position I want, I will post.

Yes that is an Ashlee Palmer Sig
The Pride of Ole Miss
patriot12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi im the patriots Assistant Coach and im lookink for trades. So who is on the trading block thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the Asst. GM for the Oakland Raiders. I was wondering if you guys had your TB together yet. If so can you please post it in our thread or let me know and i'll come back to check it out! Thanks

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
AmazinElder

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. HC
2. Asst. GM

I tried to help out Dabs as much as I could in the 1st one, you can check out the old draft thread about that.
Draft Ryan Leaf

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, well, this is a pretty easy decision.

Head Coach - AmazinElder - focus on the defensive side of the ball for now. Get a good feel for the Cover 2, the kind of personnel we need for that system, and how our current players match up with that. That will give us a better feel for what we need and which prospects to target.

Offensive Coordinator - SDninetyeight - do the same for the offense. I'm not sure what the offense is going to look like next year, but you probably have some ideas of your own. Fairchild worked with St. Louis, but I doubt he's exactly like Martz.

Right now, do we have any ideas for the trade block? I don't want to get too crazy trading off our players. We have very little depth, so I'd be inclined to hold onto anyone who has any value in a trade right now.

And of course there's time to sign up and obviously plenty of room. We could definitely use scouts.

Last edited by Draft Ryan Leaf on Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
dabs21nike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys I hate to do this to you, but I won't be able to be a part of the Bills' FFMD staff. JCool and GRRLacher have decided to offer me the job of being a writer for the mock. I really didn't expect to get the writer's job so I signed up to be on the staff. Again I'm real sorry for the inconvenience and best of luck in the mock. I'm sure you guys will do a great job.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool. Have a good time with that. I've always wanted contacts in the press corps.

dabs21nike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Ryan Leaf wrote:
That's cool. Have a good time with that. I've always wanted contacts in the press corps.

Haha I wouldn't excactly call this the press corps, but you never know. I guess the USA Today editors might check this site out once in a while. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know im the lowly unknown offensive cooridnator but if it wouldnt be too much of a trouble, before a firesale of my offense, i would like discussion if anyone is going to be dealt before they get dealt, so I can adjust accorordingly. if anyone wants to contact me let me know either on here or if you can, PM me. Thanks again.

Yes that is an Ashlee Palmer Sig
The Pride of Ole Miss
BroncoManiac80

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm the Broncos Defensive Coordinator and if you would PM me your defensive trading block i would appreciate it.

~Thanks~

"The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender."-Vince Lombardi

TEAMS:
NFL-Broncos
NCAA-Georgia Bulldogs
NBA-Denver Nuggets
NHL-Atlanta Thrashers
Draft Ryan Leaf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDninetyeight wrote:
i know im the lowly unknown offensive cooridnator but if it wouldnt be too much of a trouble, before a firesale of my offense, i would like discussion if anyone is going to be dealt before they get dealt, so I can adjust accorordingly. if anyone wants to contact me let me know either on here or if you can, PM me. Thanks again.

It's just the three of us, dude. I don't think you're going to get left in the dust. Is there anyone you think we should be on the trade block?

AmazinElder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft Ryan Leaf wrote:
SDninetyeight wrote:

It's just the three of us, dude. I don't think you're going to get left in the dust. Is there anyone you think we should be on the trade block?

RB Willis McGahee
QB JP Losman
QB Kelly Holcolmb
DE Chris Kelsay
DE Ryan Denney
LB Jeff Posey
CB Nate Clements
S Troy Vincent

thatd be my trade block. We need line help and lots of picks.
Draft Ryan Leaf

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmazinElder wrote:
RB Willis McGahee
QB JP Losman
QB Kelly Holcolmb
DE Chris Kelsay
DE Ryan Denney
LB Jeff Posey
CB Nate Clements
S Troy Vincent

thatd be my trade block. We need line help and lots of picks.

If the price is right, I'd be willing to deal any of those guys except McGahee. That guy should be half our offense next year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: