Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Terrel Suggs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rav5220

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Terrel Suggs Reply with quote

Why is it that now that were gonna gto back to a 4-3 every1 thinks t sizzle will go back to DE? I'd much rather move adalius thomas up because he is like wut 280-290. And i also think clarence moore will be startiing opposite of derrick mason. Then we should trade up in the second to take a guy like jerome mathis in the second. We should resign gary baxter and bennie anderson. I'd like to bring back marques douglas but if we don't, Look for a player like erasmus james (falling stock), David Pollack, or justin tuck, in the first round.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to see Suggs at DE. Remeber he set the NCAA record for sacks in a season with 24 at DE. 24 sacks!!. The rest of free agency and the draft will determine who starts next to Mason, but Moore is definetly a nice compliment as it is. Im still against drafting a WR unless there is a big talent that falls to us. Like weve all said before with the exception of Mason i believe the rest of our WRs have a comibe of around 14 starts for their careers. Id prefer to bring in another veteran and use the draft on Oline and to bolster the defense. One guy i would really love see fall to 22(but i really doubt it happens) is shawne merriman. The guy is an absolute beast and he could really tear it up for us at both LB and DE.
rav5220

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea i know he set the record for most sacks in a single season but look at what hes done at outside linebacker. only his second year and already a starting pro bowler.thats better than what ed reed did in his second year. He didn't start. I just feel he would be a better impact at outside linebacker. Like he already is. An outside linebacker with 10+ sacks a year. Thats insane. Usually only ends get that many.
raven5255

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OLB in the 4-3 is a lot different then OLB in the 3-4
mic79e

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of Suggs sacks come on third down when he is playing end in the nickel or dime package. He gets more sacks playing there than at linebacker. But in a 4-3 on first or second down you could play him or Thomas at either left end or linebacker. I put Suggs at end in my last revised off-season because I read that the coaches have decided that Suggs will move to end in the 4-3.

As for Moore I think he might still be our second receiver even if we sign someone else. But it wouldn't hurt Mason or Boller to bring in another veteran to help shoulder some of the responsibility. It would also help Moore and the other young receivers by taking some pressure of them to step up. Moore is only 22, he's got plenty of time left, and this would allow him to develop and he wouldn't have to be called upon until he's ready (which still could be this season). Also the more experienced help at receiver the better, players do get injured. If Mason went down I'd like to have another veteran to step in and help Boller and our young receivers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: