Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

trade possibility

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
potentia_ceteri

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:18 am    Post subject: trade possibility Reply with quote

Bears get:
WR Anquan Boldin

Cardinals get:
1st round fourth selection
conditional draft pick.

Instead of paying a premium for a fourth selection who might turn into another bust, why not pay a second-round salary to a player who proved their critics wrong. Anquan boldin is a big, thick wideout with great hands and ball skills. He is an excellent runner after the catch who has a low center of gravity and the vision to set up blocks and defenders. Boldin is quick into his cuts and will go over the middle and can exploit zone coverage. He is smart and dedicated to his craft. He'll take over the punt return duties of Mr. Mcquarters once he's cut. Now, Mike Williams or Edwards or Ronnie Brown or any other top prospects they may pass on with the 4th pick could turn out to be great players on other teams, but guess what? Boldin is a very good player on the verge of greatness with a winning team and he's a helluva alot closer achieving that than any of the other players in the top 10. He's established and ready to break out into a star. And at a second round salary for the next 2-3 years. He is a young 24 and still improving. Once he polishes his already shiny array of tools, there is no doubt that he could be the next cris carter. Now you might be saying, why would the cardinals trade him for the fourth selection? Well, the cardinals are stacked at receiver with bethel johnson, fitzgerald and boldin. while that may be a blessing, they are sill devoid of a decent running back and with the fourth pick, they are pretty much assured at least one of this year's holy trinity of running backs: Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, and Cedric Benson. That would give the Cardinals a well-balanced attack, a young one too. the conditional pick should be similar to the one in the ricky williams deal. If boldin reaches leads the league in either receptions or yards a first round pick should be rewarded, if he reaches 90 rec with 1300 a 2nd round pick should be awarded, the third round pick is guranteed. With the bears second pick, the can still grab morency or fason, and the bears would have a very good offense on paper

WR Muhsin muhammad, boldin, berrian, gage, wade
Rb thomas jones, fason, peterson

If the running back in the second taps a little bit of his potential this year, i believe playoffs are in order.
ta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an idea that you had, or is this something that you read somewhere?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this an idea that you had, or is this something that you read somewhere?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
redwing5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this would happen then I would jump all over it. I would love to have Bolden. But, if you just made it up then I say we take WILLIAMS.
Pdogg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Cardinals doing this they would be crazy to trade good YOUNG PROVEN TALENT. I believe they will trade Shelton for Henry keep their draft pick and continue to build a good young team. Being a Bears fan i hope they would do something this crazy but don't think it would happen.
W.PAYTONS#1FAN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldnt trade Bolden for our 1st round pick, after one good year and the other year being injured he ALREADY wants a big contract and is willing to sit out the season for it.
Kinda tells you what kind of person he is.
snap355

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds more like a dream than reality
DABEARS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats a madden trade
Pdogg

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even think Madden would allow this LOL
SlidellSaint

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horrible Trade.

Keep the pick. Select a good receiver in Williams or Edwards and also keep the aditional pick to select another player to help the team out. And if you would think about it Boldin missed pretty much the whole season last year with I think a knee problem it would not be smart to pick this guy up.
purdueman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: trade possibility Reply with quote

[quote="potentia_ceteri"]Bears get:
WR Anquan Boldin

Cardinals get:
1st round fourth selection
conditional draft pick.

Instead of paying a premium for a fourth selection who might turn into another bust, why not pay a second-round salary to a player who proved their critics wrong. Anquan boldin is a big, thick wideout with great hands and ball skills. He is an excellent runner after the catch who has a low center of gravity and the vision to set up blocks and defenders. Boldin is quick into his cuts and will go over the middle and can exploit zone coverage. He is smart and dedicated to his craft. He'll take over the punt return duties of Mr. Mcquarters once he's cut. Now, Mike Williams or Edwards or Ronnie Brown or any other top prospects they may pass on with the 4th pick could turn out to be great players on other teams, but guess what? Boldin is a very good player on the verge of greatness with a winning team and he's a helluva alot closer achieving that than any of the other players in the top 10. He's established and ready to break out into a star. And at a second round salary for the next 2-3 years. He is a young 24 and still improving. Once he polishes his already shiny array of tools, there is no doubt that he could be the next cris carter. Now you might be saying, why would the cardinals trade him for the fourth selection? Well, the cardinals are stacked at receiver with bethel johnson, fitzgerald and boldin. while that may be a blessing, they are sill devoid of a decent running back and with the fourth pick, they are pretty much assured at least one of this year's holy trinity of running backs: Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, and Cedric Benson. That would give the Cardinals a well-balanced attack, a young one too. the conditional pick should be similar to the one in the ricky williams deal. If boldin reaches leads the league in either receptions or yards a first round pick should be rewarded, if he reaches 90 rec with 1300 a 2nd round pick should be awarded, the third round pick is guranteed. With the bears second pick, the can still grab morency or fason, and the bears would have a very good offense on paper

WR Muhsin muhammad, boldin, berrian, gage, wade
Rb thomas jones, fason, peterson

If the running back in the second taps a little bit of his potential this year, i believe playoffs are in order.[/quote]
No offense, but it sounds to me like you're a person seeking a fantasy football league to play GM in.

Only way the Bears trade down out of the 4 spot is if they pick up another (at least), mid-first round pick and a second high pick (like a mid-round 2nd or a high round 3rd).

The only team said to be interested in peddling players for draft picks is Arizona because Denny Green wants to purge the veterans and start anew and rebuild. Yes, Angelo is interested in Shelton (their spare LT), but won't part with either of the bears first two picks to get him.
SlidellSaint

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.

That would be a ridiculous trade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: