Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Southern California Trojans -- Official Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Southern California Trojans -- Official Thread Reply with quote

I know there's already been one made, but I couldn't find it.

Anyways, latest recruiting news is that they have gotten a solid verbal commitement from (RB) Broderick Green out of Arkansas. I really like that kid.

Keep all SC news in here. Go Trojans!

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
Vigilante

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd page

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=43477

RD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green looks legit.

One of the Rivals guys said that he should be ranked somewhere between 25-65 when their rankings come out.

He looks great on film, and there's even a little clip of him dunking floating around. He leaps over another person and throws it down. For a 6'1 kid, thats pretty impressive.

He's also experienced as a pass receiver, so he's got the total package.

Apparently he has family in the area, his mom loved LA, so this is an early commitment that should stick.

It probably takes USC out of the Marc Tyler race, as the backs are similar in style. Even though Tyler gets all the pub, I think thats an indication that USC is very high on Green's talent. Otherwise they would not have offered him this early and/or accepted his public commitment(USC is the leader in the silent commitment, and letting him come out early says a lot IMO).
Vigilante

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uh.. shouldnt u of locked this RD?

GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres like 5 USC threads cant this go in one of them. We get it. You guys get all the top players. Keep it all in one thread please.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeorgiaBoy367 wrote:
Theres like 5 USC threads cant this go in one of them. We get it. You guys get all the top players. Keep it all in one thread please.

Don't be bitter just cus we boss
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vigilante wrote:
uh.. shouldnt u of locked this RD?

He’s not the college football moderator.

Based on talent, USC is the best team in the country. They keep reeling in high-profile recruits year after year.

I don’t think they’ll win the National Title this year, though. I think that whoever plays QB for them will end up being solid, but in an inexperienced QB, you still have to expect him to have a few very poor games.

USC should win the Pac 10 this year. Nobody in the conference looks as good on paper.

Right now, I would predict a one-loss regular season with the loss coming either in an upset or against the Fighting Irish.

I think we’ll see Mark Sanchez playing at a premiere level by the end of the season, and by the 2007 season, his (RS) sophomore year, I see him at a Heisman level.

So I guess you could say, I expect him to take the job from Booty and run with it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's your pre-season USC MVP guys? I think with certain questions potentially around running back and quarterback, it will be Dwayne Jarrett. He's a monster receiver, extremely talented. He should put up big numbers this season, just as he did last season.

Please let Carolina draft Reggie Nelson.
jeffrizzle51

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Jarrett as your preseason MVP.

And we do need to make sure this is the last SC thread that gets started. The other one's on the third page, so just let it stay there, but please, do not start another one.

Mr. Instant Offense: Rudy Burgess
Last Season: 59 rec. 655 yds. 4 TD; 147 car. 687 yds 6 TD
This Season- 2 games; 9 rec. 153 yds.
DaBrowns41

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see USC in the National Championship this coming year...

This will be a "rebuilding" year... Only not rebuilding as in starting over...

I understand they have good backup RB's, but is there seriously another Reggie Bush and LenDale White combo?

I doubt it, however, I could be very wrong...

They will lose a couple games this year, and be in a BCS Bowl, and contend again in 2 years...

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDynasty004 wrote:
Who's your pre-season USC MVP guys?

Lawrence Jackson.

He'll rack up about 15 sacks and a lot of forced fumbles.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
RD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why people think SC will rebuild, but don't write them off just yet.

They went through this 3 years ago.

The inexperienced QB and RB were going to have a few shaky games and it would cost SC a couple games. Leinart and Co came out and put on a show.

Im not saying it will be the same, just that SC has shown that they can come back from huge defections(PAlmer and their entire backfield and defensive leaders) and have an excellent season.

But I will say this, and Ive stayed away from it in the past, but I'll go on record now:

USC will be in the title game again this year.

Call is bias, I can see that. But SC has been in this position before, and succeeded. Their defense this year will be CONSIDERABLY better. On top of that, every other 'elite' team this year had major defections and/or major questions this year. There isn't one team that you can really say is the best team. So I think SC's track record, talent, coaching, and the uncertainty on other teams will get them back to the top.
GeorgiaBoy367

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:

I agree the Pac-10 is still crap compared to to SC. I laugh when people tell me that Cal or Oregon will dethrone these guys. All you have to do is look at the recruiting classes the last 3 years and then those of the rest of the Pac-10. Its almost not fair for the rest of the teams but i just dont see it changing anytime soon. I see your biggest question mark right now being the Offensive line. At QB you have two guys in Booty and Sanchez that would start on just about every team in america. You have recruited a slew of RB's that will fill those holes left by Reggie and White. It might not look as good but they will get the job done and more. Defense will look pretty good next year. So the biggest hole might actually be Punter LOL. Depending on what SC starts out ranked and if other teams go undefeated but it wont be a suprise to see SC back in the championship game

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:
I can see why people think SC will rebuild, but don't write them off just yet.

They went through this 3 years ago.

The inexperienced QB and RB were going to have a few shaky games and it would cost SC a couple games. Leinart and Co came out and put on a show.

Im not saying it will be the same, just that SC has shown that they can come back from huge defections(PAlmer and their entire backfield and defensive leaders) and have an excellent season.

But I will say this, and Ive stayed away from it in the past, but I'll go on record now:

Call is bias, I can see that. But SC has been in this position before, and succeeded. Their defense this year will be CONSIDERABLY better. On top of that, every other 'elite' team this year had major defections and/or major questions this year. There isn't one team that you can really say is the best team. So I think SC's track record, talent, coaching, and the uncertainty on other teams will get them back to the top.

I completely understand...

The same argument can be made for OSU's defense...

The only way to find out is watching throughout the season!

This is called TRUTH!

Rest In Peace David, Renee and Joe (Crakburn)
RD

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBrowns41 wrote:

I completely understand...

The same argument can be made for OSU's defense...

The only way to find out is watching throughout the season!

I agree with that, and Id actually have Ohio St. as the #1 team to start.

IMO and obviously its very early, but Id have Ohio St/SC as the two to meet in the Fiesta Bowl.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102  Next
Page 1 of 102

Jump to: