Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the NFC East Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85, 86  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Gmen wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
It still doesn't account for getting penalized for breaking a rule if there were no rules to break.

There was a rule. They colluded. Remember?

Do you know what collusion means? The rest of the league colluded to keep to an unwritten cap.

Exactly. So there was an unwritten cap the Redskins violated. The Redskins, and everyone else, were aware of this rule. The Redskins decided to ignore it, not because they were being virtuous, but to gain an advantage for themselves. Let me stress that - The Redskins and Cowboys did what they did not because they were trying to look out for the players. They did it to gain an advantage over the rest of the league. But in the end, the good guys won.

Soo... a memo was sent out telling teams "not to overspend". By no means did all the owners get together and come to a "handshake agreement."

I love the logic here though, 'hey, it hurt our rivals so violating federal law is perfectly fine.'

See. You can't point to anything that shows that 32 owners agreed to treat the year as a capped year. All you have is an alleged memo.

But what I know is actually true. And that is that what the owners ALL agreed to was not having a salary cap in the 2010 season. If they didn't want an uncapped season they shouldn't have agreed to have one that kicked in after the previous CBA ran out.

The good guys here were those abiding by the contract they signed with the players and the ones not violating federal law.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Quote:
It should have been a fine of the organization or something like you all just got levied on you. Skins and Cowboys didn't even break a written rule, the Giants just did and you got a far lesser punishment. In both cases the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

The Redskins weren't actually punished. The league simply undid the unfair advantage that the Redskins tried to gain. That's why each team lost a specific amount of cap space. A punishment would have involved a loss of draft pick and fine - like what just happened to the Giants.

They actually were punished. They had their cap plundered by small markets and large markets alike. For 2 years the 26 owners helped themselves to the Redskins and Cowboys cap. This prevented the ability to re-sign players or sign free agents. Which in turn, affected the product on the fields.

And yet even after the 26 owners got what they wanted (collusion so-as to break the players via lockout and get generous concessions from the NFLPA) the owners, led by Mara, decided to help themselves to the cap of 2 teams that did nothing that affected their ability to break the player's union.

Finally, there's literally nothing you can point to that tells me (or anyone) that what the Redskins and Cowboys did violated any actual rule in place.

As long as Dan Snyder owns the team, the Redskins will not win another Super Bowl
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Giants wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
BTW guys, lets get back to current day events rather than talking about how Mara and 25 other owners took cap space from us for 2 years for not going along with their scheme to screw over the players.

Let's get back to talking about this year. We had crapped the bed lately and the Jints have an outside chance at the division.

I disagree with the example you used for Walkie Talkie gate, but it sounds like you want to move on from that talk, I have no problems with that.

I think you guys can still make the playoffs and I am cheering for you to make it. The teams that matter that are ahead of you are the Lions and Bucs. If the Giants beat the Eagles that will put pressure on Dallas to beat Detroit. From there they will either have a 10-6 record and eliminate the packers or they will have a 9-7 from losing to the Packers. As for the Bucs thinking 50/50 chance that the Saints at home or the Panthers can knock them off.

So just don't lose to the Bears, and as for the Giants if they beat the Eagles I can't see them playing their key starters the entire game for a game they don't need.

Thanks (bolded).

As for the italicized, since they lost to the Iggles, I think we'll see them play everyone.

I think the Redskins finished just short of the playoffs this year. And with our defense, that's expected.

Go_Giants

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Go_Giants wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
BTW guys, lets get back to current day events rather than talking about how Mara and 25 other owners took cap space from us for 2 years for not going along with their scheme to screw over the players.

Let's get back to talking about this year. We had crapped the bed lately and the Jints have an outside chance at the division.

I disagree with the example you used for Walkie Talkie gate, but it sounds like you want to move on from that talk, I have no problems with that.

I think you guys can still make the playoffs and I am cheering for you to make it. The teams that matter that are ahead of you are the Lions and Bucs. If the Giants beat the Eagles that will put pressure on Dallas to beat Detroit. From there they will either have a 10-6 record and eliminate the packers or they will have a 9-7 from losing to the Packers. As for the Bucs thinking 50/50 chance that the Saints at home or the Panthers can knock them off.

So just don't lose to the Bears, and as for the Giants if they beat the Eagles I can't see them playing their key starters the entire game for a game they don't need.

Thanks (bolded).

As for the italicized, since they lost to the Iggles, I think we'll see them play everyone.

I think the Redskins finished just short of the playoffs this year. And with our defense, that's expected.

I do believe that one of the four teams the Giants need to lose will lose. For both our playoffs sake I want it be the Saints beating the Bucs. For the Giants alone I have hard time believing Dallas is going to put their foot on the breaks, if they do so now that would mean three weeks of them taking it easy which could effect them for the playoffs. So I can see them beating the Lions this Monday.
Gmen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Finally, there's literally nothing you can point to that tells me (or anyone) that what the Redskins and Cowboys did violated any actual rule in place.

If your boss tells you not to do something, and you do it anyway, there will be consequences regardless of whether it was put in writing.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

If your boss tells you not to do something, and you do it anyway, there will be consequences regardless of whether it was put in writing.
The NFL is not the boss of the owners. The owners are the boss of the NFL. The owners are Roger Goddell's boss. Each owner is their own boss. The reason why the Redskins and Cowboys got penalized is because a majority of the other owners agreed to take the $36 mill in cap space away from the Redskins and $10 million or whatever it was from the Cowboys.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Gmen wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

The NFL is not the boss of the owners. The owners are the boss of the NFL. The owners are Roger Goddell's boss. Each owner is their own boss. The reason why the Redskins and Cowboys got penalized is because a majority of the other owners agreed to take the $36 mill in cap space away from the Redskins and $10 million or whatever it was from the Cowboys.

Well, if nobody can tell you what to do and everyone treats you so unfairly you can always leave the NFL and join the CFL or Arena football league. Laughing

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Actually, I can personally attest that you are wrong in that assertion. I was on a project where another dev and I found a somewhat complicated but serious bug. We sketched out a design fix and went to our boss with our recommendation.

He told us to scrap it and move on.

We both left and did it anyway.

A couple of weeks later, the customer went ape when they discovered the very but we told.our boss about. So, just as the "drop everything and FIX THIS NOW!" drill is about to start, my buddy and I looked at our boss and said, "you told us to fix that three weeks ago; it's going out as part of the next release." Lied straight to his face but it worked.

So, no, there are not necessarily consequences if it isn't in writing.
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah at least we got to watch the Giants implosion last night. Odell partied too much after the Redskins victory? LOL. Rodgers man, what can you say about that baaaaaaaaad man. Surgery in action.

I honestly think starting next year the Giants will regress, the OL is a mess, Eli is getting up there in age, they have the same issues we have with the running game.

Can't wait to see Max Kellerman and his smug little face try to explain this one.
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Ah at least we got to watch the Giants implosion last night. Odell partied too much after the Redskins victory? LOL. Rodgers man, what can you say about that baaaaaaaaad man. Surgery in action.

I honestly think starting next year the Giants will regress , the OL is a mess, Eli is getting up there in age, they have the same issues we have with the running game.

Can't wait to see Max Kellerman and his smug little face try to explain this one.

Good to hear, given how you were wrong in your other prediction about the Giants, I feel even better about the Giants going into next season.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Giants wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:

I honestly think starting next year the Giants will regress , the OL is a mess, Eli is getting up there in age, they have the same issues we have with the running game.

Good to hear, given how you were wrong in your other prediction about the Giants, I feel even better about the Giants going into next season.
Yoir schedule and the Cowboys schedule will be harder than ours next year, unlike this year. That might cost you a few games like it did us this year.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Go_Giants wrote:
TheGreeK1973 wrote:

Yoir schedule and the Cowboys schedule will be harder than ours next year, unlike this year. That might cost you a few games like it did us this year.

So now your blaming your loses on the schedule? You honestly feel the Lions the Cardinals were better than you and that you and Bengals are equals?

As for the Giants our GM saw our defense was a mess last season, he fixed it. Now he is going to fix the offense and that starts with the offensive line. We are 30 mill under the cap now. After we cut Cruz, JT Thomas and Jenkins we will be 40 mill under the cap. The Giants are going to be far better next year.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Giants wrote:
We are 30 mill under the cap now. After we cut Cruz, JT Thomas and Jenkins we will be 40 mill under the cap. The Giants are going to be far better next year.

Jenkins? As in Janoris? I'm assuming you mean Rashad Jennings, right?

mike23md on the sig!

Adopt a Redskin:
WR Jamison Crowder
S Duke Ihenacho
DE Ricky Jean-Francois
Go_Giants

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
Go_Giants wrote:
We are 30 mill under the cap now. After we cut Cruz, JT Thomas and Jenkins we will be 40 mill under the cap. The Giants are going to be far better next year.

Jenkins? As in Janoris? I'm assuming you mean Rashad Jennings, right?

My mistake, yes I meant Jennings.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... all the Giants got out of making the playoffs was a worse draft pick...? Nice! That's what we like to see! One & done! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 83, 84, 85, 86  Next
Page 84 of 86

Jump to: