You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Dallas Mavericks - Welcome Nerlens Noel!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devin Kurant wrote:
the lone star wrote:
Do you all think Dwight Powell can become a 33.3% shooter from three point range?

I hope he improves his FT% too.

No. Powell is trash. Sucks to say since I had hopes for him after his first few months here.

He's way to skinny, weak to play center, and he has little outside game to thrive as a power forward. He's terrible around the basket too.

The fact that we gave him $40 million still baffles my [inappropriate/removed] mind.

Yeah, that contract made no sense. Maybe he bulks up though. He has improved his FG% every year as a pro I think, but those are baby steps compared to what I want to see from him.

I miss Brandan Wright.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't thrilled in the moment with Monk still there, but, nonetheless, welcome DSJ

We should be a pretty fun team next year if nothing else, with Smith and all our other guards running PnRs with Dirk and Noel and dishing it out to a pretty decent array of wings. Can still carve out max or near-max cap room by coaxing a paycut out of Dirk and delaying Noel's extension, I just hope we don't spend it all on Holiday.

Honesty for a team that's largely epitomized middle tier mediocrity over the last half decade, we've had a pretty solid rebuild on the fly. 12 months ago, we didn't have Barnes, Curry, Ferrell, Noel, or Smith Jr. 6 months ago, D-Will and Bogut were starters for us. We were 4-17 at one point. We've accumulated some pretty solid young talent now compared to where we've been for most of these post-2011 years. I don't know when it'll amount to another playoff series win much less WCF berth, but the FO deserves some credit for altering their team building approach without indulging in a full blown tank.

Adopt-a-Cowboy 2016: Sean Lee- 145 tackles (93 solo, 52 assisted), 1 PD, 1 FR, 13 TFLs, 977/982 defensive snaps played excluding the meaningless Week 17 game against the last place Eagles
the lone star

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monk is cool, but I like Smith more since he's the better ball handler and fits a position of need. The team will still have Matthews and Curry at SG, and could roll with a 2 PG lineup a lot like they did last season.

However, we'll see how the rest of the summer plays out. Maybe Matthews gets dumped after all.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
I wasn't thrilled in the moment with Monk still there, but, nonetheless, welcome DSJ

We should be a pretty fun team next year if nothing else, with Smith and all our other guards running PnRs with Dirk and Noel and dishing it out to a pretty decent array of wings. Can still carve out max or near-max cap room by coaxing a paycut out of Dirk and delaying Noel's extension, I just hope we don't spend it all on Holiday.

Honesty for a team that's largely epitomized middle tier mediocrity over the last half decade, we've had a pretty solid rebuild on the fly. 12 months ago, we didn't have Barnes, Curry, Ferrell, Noel, or Smith Jr. 6 months ago, D-Will and Bogut were starters for us. We were 4-17 at one point. We've accumulated some pretty solid young talent now compared to where we've been for most of these post-2011 years. I don't know when it'll amount to another playoff series win much less WCF berth, but the FO deserves some credit for altering their team building approach without indulging in a full blown tank.

Maybe Finney-Smith turns into something, and same with Powell. I'm not holding my breath on the latter though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which free agents should this team target? Part of me still wants another PG, especially since Carlisle likes the 2 PG lineup. Plus there will be several guys out there that could contribute. Lowry, Jrue, Hill, and Teague will be out there.

I'd love a guard rotation that includes the following players

1.) Lowry/Jrue/Hill/Teague
2.) DSJ
3.) Wes
4.) JJB
5.) Curry
6.) Ferrell

Let's just hope it happens.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Which free agents should this team target? Part of me still wants another PG, especially since Carlisle likes the 2 PG lineup. Plus there will be several guys out there that could contribute. Lowry, Jrue, Hill, and Teague will be out there.

2.) DSJ
3.) Wes
4.) JJB
5.) Curry
6.) Ferrell

If we have the cap space I might try to make a run at Otto Porter Jr

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
the lone star

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
the lone star wrote:

2.) DSJ
3.) Wes
4.) JJB
5.) Curry
6.) Ferrell

If we have the cap space I might try to make a run at Otto Porter Jr

I think the Wizards would match any offer the Mavs would be able to give him. But I would like that.

However, it's a guard's league, so gimme another PG please.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With how big these contracts are getting, it might be smart to bring back Devin Harris, lol.

I'm sure some people would love Monta back though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19958324/nba-dennis-smith-jr-future-dallas-mavericks

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/07/09/dennis-smith-sr-and-dennis-jr-nothing-lavar-and-lonzo-ball

Some good reads on DSJ. Seems like a really good kid.
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm excited about DSJ. Still need some other pieces though. Would have been great to pickup KCP, but maybe they can do that next year. Gotta find a way to dump Wes Matthews though. Maybe Powell too.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much do you think Noel is worth?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

$18M-$22M realistically. Maybe more

^El Ramster

Cicero wrote:
You're the Tony Romo we never deserved.
the lone star

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
the lone star wrote:

$18M-$22M realistically. Maybe more

Man I hope he doesn't go for that much, but in this environment, I think you are right.

Hopefully he can stay healthy.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
$18-20 mill. If Tristian Thompson is getting $16 mill a year, 18-20 seems about right.
Texasmade

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:
Yeah, I'm excited about DSJ. Still need some other pieces though. Would have been great to pickup KCP, but maybe they can do that next year. Gotta find a way to dump Wes Matthews though. Maybe Powell too.
I'd just assume suck and build through the draft. Missing on all-star FAs and then overcompensating by overpaying for role players isn't a winning formula.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 22 of 23

Jump to: