You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Sports Car/Endurance Racing Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: The Official Sports Car/Endurance Racing Thread Reply with quote

Quote:
2015 FIA World Endurance Challenge Schedule

1. 4/12 - 6 Hours of Silverstone
2. 5/2 - 6 Hours of Spa
3. 6/13-14 - 24 Hours of Le Mans
4. 8/30 - 6 Hours of Nürburgring
5. 9/19 - 6 Hours of the Americas
6. 10/11 - 6 Hours of Fuji
7. 11/1 - 6 Hours of Shanghai
8. 11/21 - 6 Hours of Bahrain

Quote:
2015 Tudor United Sports Car Series Schedule

1. 1/24-25 - 24 Hours of Daytona
2. 3/21 - 12 Hours of Sebring
3. 4/18 - Long Beach
4. 5/3 - Laguna Seca
5. 5/30 - Belle Isle
6. 6/28 - 6 Hours of the Glen
7. 7/12 - Canadian Tire
8. 7/25 - Lime Rock
9. 8/9 - Elkhart Lake
10. 8/23 - VIR
11. 9/19 - Circuit of the Americas
12. 10/3 - Petit Le Mans

Quote:
2015 Continental Tire Sportscar Challenge Schedule

1. 1/25 - Daytona
2. 3/20 - Sebring
3. 5/2 - Laguna Seca
4. 6/27 - Watkins Glen
5. 7/11 - Canadian Tire
6. 7/25 - Lime Rock
7. 8/8 - Road America
8. 8/22 - VIR
9. 9/18 - Circuit of the Americas
10. 10/2 - Road Atlanta

Quote:
2015 European Le Mans Series Schedule

1. 4/11 - 4 Hours of Silverstone
2. 5/17 - 4 Hours of Imola
3. 7/12 - 4 Hours of Red Bull Ring
4. 9/6 - 4 Hours of Circuit Paul Ricard
5. 10/18 - 4 Hours of Estoril

Quote:
2015 Pirelli World Challenge Schedule

1. 3/8 - Circuit of the Americas
2. 3/29 - St. Petersburg
3. 4/19 - Long Beach
4. 4/26 - Barber Motor Sports Park
5. 5/17 - Canadian Tire
6. 5/31 - Belle isle
7. 6/28 - Elkhart Lake
8. 8/2 - Mid Ohio
9. 8/16 - Mid Ohio
10. 8/23 - Miller Motorsports Park
11. 8/30 - Sonoma
12. 9/13 - Laguna Seca

Quote:
2015 Trans-Am Series Schedule

1. 3/1 - Sebring
2. 4/13 - Homestead-Miami
3. 5/7 - Road Atlanta
4. 5/23 - Lime Rock
5. 6/13 - Millville
6. 7/5 - Brainerd International Raceway
7. 8/15 - Mid Ohio
8. 8/29 - Road America
9. 9/27 - VIR
10. 10/11 - Nola Motorsports Park
11. 11/8 - Circuit of the Americas
12. 11/14 - Daytona

I don't know how many sports car fans there are on here, and I know it's well into the season now, but I figured it was worth starting a thread about. If I've forgotten any series let me know and I'll edit this but the above are the ones I mostly try and follow.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

83rd Running of the 24 Heures du Mans

Quote:
Daily Schedule

6/8 - No Track activity
6/9 - No Track activity

6/10
  • 10:00AM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Free Practice Session #1
  • 4:00PM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Qualifying Practice Session #1

6/11
  • 1:00PM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Qualifying Practice Session #2
  • 4:00PM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Qualifying Practice Session #3

6/12 - No track activity

6/13-14
  • 3:00AM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Warmup
  • 9:00AM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Race Start (FOX Sports 2, FOX Sports Go)
  • 12:00PM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports Go)
  • 7:00PM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports 1,
    FOX Sports Go)
  • 8:00PM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports Go)
  • 11:00PM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports 2, FOX Sports Go)
    ---
  • 12:30AM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports Go)
  • 3:30AM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports Go)
  • 7:30AM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports 2, FOX Sports Go)
  • 9:00AM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Race Finish (FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports Go)

All times are in USA-Eastern (GMT -5)

We're almost ready to kick off the greatest endurance race of them all this weekend. Who is going to be turning in and how are you watching and what is your game plan? I'm trying to will myself to stay up and watch the entire race but not sure I will have it in me. I tried to do the same for the Rolex 24 but had to sleep towards the end. Also if you don't have TV coverage I believe Radio Le Mans is broadcasting the entire race for free online and FIA WEC's website has live timing and scoring as well as an app to download.

Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
83rd Running of the 24 Heures du Mans

Quote:
Daily Schedule

6/8 - No Track activity
6/9 - No Track activity

6/10
  • 10:00AM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Free Practice Session #1
  • 4:00PM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Qualifying Practice Session #1

6/11
  • 1:00PM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Qualifying Practice Session #2
  • 4:00PM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Qualifying Practice Session #3

6/12 - No track activity

6/13-14
  • 3:00AM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Warmup
  • 9:00AM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Race Start (FOX Sports 2, FOX Sports Go)
  • 12:00PM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports Go)
  • 7:00PM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports 1,
    FOX Sports Go)
  • 8:00PM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports Go)
  • 11:00PM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports 2, FOX Sports Go)
    ---
  • 12:30AM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports Go)
  • 3:30AM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports Go)
  • 7:30AM - tv/streaming coverage | channel switch (FOX Sports 2, FOX Sports Go)
  • 9:00AM - 24 HEURES DU MANS | Race Finish (FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports Go)

All times are in USA-Eastern (GMT -5)

We're almost ready to kick off the greatest endurance race of them all this weekend. Who is going to be turning in and how are you watching and what is your game plan? I'm trying to will myself to stay up and watch the entire race but not sure I will have it in me. I tried to do the same for the Rolex 24 but had to sleep towards the end. Also if you don't have TV coverage I believe Radio Le Mans is broadcasting the entire race for free online and FIA WEC's website has live timing and scoring as well as an app to download.

Didn't know there was other fans on this board!

Was one of the best Le Mans I can remember. The only thing that could have made it better was if Toyota were on the pace too. A 3 way scrap would have been even more awesome.

I'm hoping that Toyota's new engine for next season helps them to catch up and Nissan find some performance and we could be looking at the best Le Mans field since the late 90s.

Did you manage to stay up for all of it? I managed 22 hours Laughing Got some sleep at about 4 and missed happy hour Laughing
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:

Didn't know there was other fans on this board!

Was one of the best Le Mans I can remember. The only thing that could have made it better was if Toyota were on the pace too. A 3 way scrap would have been even more awesome.

I'm hoping that Toyota's new engine for next season helps them to catch up and Nissan find some performance and we could be looking at the best Le Mans field since the late 90s.

Did you manage to stay up for all of it? I managed 22 hours Laughing Got some sleep at about 4 and missed happy hour Laughing

Yeah I thought I may be the only one Laughing

Not to many motorsports fans on here it seems. I thought this year's 24 Hours was better than some recent ones. The LMP1 battle was kinda boring I thought though. It was fun watching the Jota Sport entry do what they did last year and battle back to finish P2 in class after early troubles. I was really pulling for them to pull back to back victories. I'm happy to see Corvette Racing win the Pro class. Had you told me they would have won at the start of the race I would have probably laughed. I think the most interesting battle and competitive class this year was the Am class those teams really put on a show. The Aston Martin pretty much dominated the entire race until trouble with about an hour or two to go. I'm not going to lie, I was really hoping to see the #77 Dempsey-Proton Porsche win because I think it would have been good for the sport to see Patrick Dempsey win still P2 is pretty awesome. I also loved seeing an all-American team and driver line-up (#62 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari) score a podium in the team and the drivers' first ever Le Mans appearance.

I didn't pull an all nighter even though I wanted to. I took a 4.5 power nap from 1:30-6am and watched the final 2 hours of the race. I was dead tired for the rest of Sunday and still feeling a little down but not bad. I'm with you though the Toyota's were absolutely horrible. Did you see the news on Friday where Chip Ganassi Racing is going to field a 2 car, full-time WEC team next year running a Ford GT? I was pretty excited to hear about Ford's return to Le Mans. I just hope they can grab some good drivers which I'm sure they will. I honestly would like to see Scott Pruett switch for the Tudor United series and run the full 2016 WEC schedule but I'm not sure he'll leave the States. If he doesn't do the full year I'd at least like to see him run Le Mans again.

Oh and they've finally announced the new regulations for LMP2s and GTE cars for next year. They will also be expanding the field to 58 next year and 60 in 2017.

Buc Ball

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:

Yeah I thought I may be the only one Laughing

Not to many motorsports fans on here it seems. I thought this year's 24 Hours was better than some recent ones. The LMP1 battle was kinda boring I thought though. It was fun watching the Jota Sport entry do what they did last year and battle back to finish P2 in class after early troubles. I was really pulling for them to pull back to back victories. I'm happy to see Corvette Racing win the Pro class. Had you told me they would have won at the start of the race I would have probably laughed. I think the most interesting battle and competitive class this year was the Am class those teams really put on a show. The Aston Martin pretty much dominated the entire race until trouble with about an hour or two to go. I'm not going to lie, I was really hoping to see the #77 Dempsey-Proton Porsche win because I think it would have been good for the sport to see Patrick Dempsey win still P2 is pretty awesome. I also loved seeing an all-American team and driver line-up (#62 Scuderia Corsa Ferrari) score a podium in the team and the drivers' first ever Le Mans appearance.

I didn't pull an all nighter even though I wanted to. I took a 4.5 power nap from 1:30-6am and watched the final 2 hours of the race. I was dead tired for the rest of Sunday and still feeling a little down but not bad. I'm with you though the Toyota's were absolutely horrible. Did you see the news on Friday where Chip Ganassi Racing is going to field a 2 car, full-time WEC team next year running a Ford GT? I was pretty excited to hear about Ford's return to Le Mans. I just hope they can grab some good drivers which I'm sure they will. I honestly would like to see Scott Pruett switch for the Tudor United series and run the full 2016 WEC schedule but I'm not sure he'll leave the States. If he doesn't do the full year I'd at least like to see him run Le Mans again.

Oh and they've finally announced the new regulations for LMP2s and GTE cars for next year. They will also be expanding the field to 58 next year and 60 in 2017.

LMP1 wasn't too bad I thought. It was more the waiting on one of the hybrids breaking that added the drama. Sad to see Toyota run a trouble free race and finish 7 laps down Shocked

GTE is always a good battle in both classes. Bit disappointed the other Corvette wasn't in there and that the Astons had so many problems.

I'm never too sure whether a famous guy like Dempsey winning would be a good thing for the sport. Might perceive it to be a lot simpler than it is to someone unfamiliar with it. That's what I think about Hulkenberg's victory to an extent- to the F1 fan who has never even heard of Le Mans a "midfield driver" can go and win Le Mans so it must be easy, when in actual fact it's the most difficult race to win. I know, I've been waiting on a Toyota win for 17 years Laughing

I'm forgetting you will be in the US- I'm in the UK so just an hour behind makes pulling an all nighter a little bit easy when you've got half asleep commentators and happy hour to look forward to.

Ganassi will have a lot of pull so I imagine Pruett may want to jump over. Ferrari v Corvette v Aston v Porsche v Ford. Not bad! Laughing

I'm hoping Nissan sort it out for next year and that we maybe see another manufacturer getting involved. I doubt Peugeot restarts its programme given how much it lost discontinuing it in 2012. Maybe BMW? Either way, Audi v Porsche v Toyota is awesome. Long may it continue.
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:

LMP1 wasn't too bad I thought. It was more the waiting on one of the hybrids breaking that added the drama. Sad to see Toyota run a trouble free race and finish 7 laps down Shocked

GTE is always a good battle in both classes. Bit disappointed the other Corvette wasn't in there and that the Astons had so many problems.

I'm never too sure whether a famous guy like Dempsey winning would be a good thing for the sport. Might perceive it to be a lot simpler than it is to someone unfamiliar with it. That's what I think about Hulkenberg's victory to an extent- to the F1 fan who has never even heard of Le Mans a "midfield driver" can go and win Le Mans so it must be easy, when in actual fact it's the most difficult race to win. I know, I've been waiting on a Toyota win for 17 years Laughing

I'm forgetting you will be in the US- I'm in the UK so just an hour behind makes pulling an all nighter a little bit easy when you've got half asleep commentators and happy hour to look forward to.

Ganassi will have a lot of pull so I imagine Pruett may want to jump over. Ferrari v Corvette v Aston v Porsche v Ford. Not bad! Laughing

I'm hoping Nissan sort it out for next year and that we maybe see another manufacturer getting involved. I doubt Peugeot restarts its programme given how much it lost discontinuing it in 2012. Maybe BMW? Either way, Audi v Porsche v Toyota is awesome. Long may it continue.

As an American I'd love to see Dodge also start a factory team which I hope happens. I also would like to see Lamborghini return to sports car racing as well. You may be right on the F1 thing. I'm not that big of a fan to be honest. The F1 fans [inappropriate/removed] me off because they think F1 is god's gift to motorsports. I respect the drivers and their craft but I just can't get over the arrogance of the fans. Do you watch the Tudor series? We've the 6 Hours of the Glen this weekend.

Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
Buc Ball wrote:

As an American I'd love to see Dodge also start a factory team which I hope happens. I also would like to see Lamborghini return to sports car racing as well. You may be right on the F1 thing. I'm not that big of a fan to be honest. The F1 fans [inappropriate/removed] me off because they think F1 is god's gift to motorsports. I respect the drivers and their craft but I just can't get over the arrogance of the fans. Do you watch the Tudor series? We've the 6 Hours of the Glen this weekend.

A return of factory Vipers would be great.

It would be good to see an American manufacturer involved in LMP1 to go along with Ford in GTE, but another manufacturer in GTE would make things even more interesting.

The thing is, it's usually just the casual F1 fans that have that attitude. I'd imagine almost all motorsport fans who watch Le Mans for the first time would be absolutely hooked. There's nothing like it and there will never be anything else like it in terms of spectacle. The first one I watched was in 1999. I haven't missed one since and I'd imagine most people would be the same.

I was pretty disappointed by Hamilton's comments about Le Mans in the drivers' press conference before the Austrian Grand Prix (basically he said he had never bothered watching it and had no intention of competing there in the future). I thought he would be more of a motorsport fan than that. Rosberg's comments felt quite corporate in that Mercedes probably want absolutely no association with the race given its history there, but most of the other drivers seemed very open to it after F1. I also didn't realise how close Alonso was to being in a Porsche this year. Kinda glad he wasn't cause that would have robbed either Tandy or Bamber of their moment.

Lamborghini would also be a good one. I suppose the better the financial position of the company, the more likely they are to go racing and I think Lamborghini was having some difficulties. Hopefully they will clear and the team will return with factory entries, but that's the reason I doubt we will see Peugeot for a long time.

I've never really watched Tudor- coverage of endurance racing over here is pretty poor and often, not live. Le Mans is on a mainstream cable sports channel, while WEC is on one of the sports channels so far down the list, you wouldn't think to look for it unless you knew it existed. I think there is Tudor coverage on that channel this year so I'll be sure to have a look. Generally, Blancpain and European Le Mans Series are the only non-WEC endurance racing to get any coverage over here.
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:

A return of factory Vipers would be great.

It would be good to see an American manufacturer involved in LMP1 to go along with Ford in GTE, but another manufacturer in GTE would make things even more interesting.

The thing is, it's usually just the casual F1 fans that have that attitude. I'd imagine almost all motorsport fans who watch Le Mans for the first time would be absolutely hooked. There's nothing like it and there will never be anything else like it in terms of spectacle. The first one I watched was in 1999. I haven't missed one since and I'd imagine most people would be the same.

I was pretty disappointed by Hamilton's comments about Le Mans in the drivers' press conference before the Austrian Grand Prix (basically he said he had never bothered watching it and had no intention of competing there in the future). I thought he would be more of a motorsport fan than that. Rosberg's comments felt quite corporate in that Mercedes probably want absolutely no association with the race given its history there, but most of the other drivers seemed very open to it after F1. I also didn't realise how close Alonso was to being in a Porsche this year. Kinda glad he wasn't cause that would have robbed either Tandy or Bamber of their moment.

Lamborghini would also be a good one. I suppose the better the financial position of the company, the more likely they are to go racing and I think Lamborghini was having some difficulties. Hopefully they will clear and the team will return with factory entries, but that's the reason I doubt we will see Peugeot for a long time.

I've never really watched Tudor- coverage of endurance racing over here is pretty poor and often, not live. Le Mans is on a mainstream cable sports channel, while WEC is on one of the sports channels so far down the list, you wouldn't think to look for it unless you knew it existed. I think there is Tudor coverage on that channel this year so I'll be sure to have a look. Generally, Blancpain and European Le Mans Series are the only non-WEC endurance racing to get any coverage over here.

FYI IMSA.com offers great live streaming of Tudor races if you want to catch the next race. I haven't really watched any Blancpain series but heard some good things about it. The 6 Hours of the Glen was wide all weekend, the weather was crazy. It sucked having to end it under caution though.

BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2015/07/10/entering-le-mans-for-a-shot-at-the-triple-crown-montoya-would-think-about-it/

Would love to see Juan in the 24 Hours. I'm surprised he never attempted it before to be quite honest.

BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rolex 24 is 6 days away and I can't wait. I'm so ready for the season to kick-off not to mention as a fan of Lamborghini I'm read to see how they perform under race conditions. That said I'm still really concerned about the car counts this season. Adopting the GT3 standards seemed to boost the GTD class but the other three are going to really struggle it seems.

driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
The Rolex 24 is 6 days away and I can't wait. I'm so ready for the season to kick-off not to mention as a fan of Lamborghini I'm read to see how they perform under race conditions. That said I'm still really concerned about the car counts this season. Adopting the GT3 standards seemed to boost the GTD class but the other three are going to really struggle it seems.

the new Ford GT's are going to dominate 2016 if they can stay out of the pits... should be interesting to see how reliable they are though
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:

the new Ford GT's are going to dominate 2016 if they can stay out of the pits... should be interesting to see how reliable they are though

I have to think they were sandbagging during the Roar. Still I'm glad to see Ford return, now I just wish we had a factory Viper squad to complete the American line-up Crying or Very sad

driftwood

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurheadTitans wrote:
driftwood wrote:

I have to think they were sandbagging during the Roar. Still I'm glad to see Ford return, now I just wish we had a factory Viper squad to complete the American line-up Crying or Very sad

yeah the vipers did really well a few years ago when they debuted the new chassis @ USLM... but that's par for new heavy hitters making a debut, which is why i think Ford is going to do really well with the GT this season (not so much for Lotus when they tried the Evora or the delta wing initially though)
BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the debut that Ford wanted both GT cars have had problems and the #01 prototype is a lap down.

BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le Mans is next week Cool

Who else is excited? Can't wait to see those Ford GTs return to the circuit.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: