Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers Select Mike Davis, RB - Round 4 Pick 126
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Gore-like running style with great ability to catch ball out of the backfield. We need to use that ability!!!

I saw Ian Wharton compare him to Rice, but I'll take either Laughing.

El ramster on the sig
big9erfan

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoCalNiner wrote:
oldman9er wrote:
J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Quote:
Nathan Jahnke @PFF_NateJahnke
New 49er HB Mike Davis had 1.67 Yards Per Route Run; 3rd best for Power 5 Draft Eligible HBs

Finally a pass catcher out of the backfield??

Had 66 receptions out of the backfield the last 2 years.

Let's hope for a couple things then.....Kap's touch and our willingness to run the screen.

Jim always seemed to want to add more blockers, for running plays and pass plays too. I never understood why he wouldn't spread out the defense some and make it easier to run up the middle. Same for passing. If we throw some swing passes every now and then it will do wonders to those OLBs who felt free to rush us in the Harbaugh system and then we'd have to hope somebody could block them. I want screens, yes. But I also want some short swing passes, and even some deep routes from Bush and Davis who are fast enough to be a problem for defenses. And if an OLB does blitz I want to see awaremess from Kap to just loft it over that guy's head to a wide open Hyde or Bush or Davis.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
San Francisco 49ers @49ers ∑ 13m 13 minutes ago
Baalke on @MikeDavisRB: "Heís a three-down back in the National Football League and thatís what we were looking for.Ē #49ersDraft

El ramster on the sig
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone knows how I wanted David Cobb in this draft, but this pick got me excited the instant I saw it. Davis is very Gore-like, IMO. More rounded than most RBs. Willing blocker as well as runner and receiver. Love his size! I prefer short RBs with heft to them and this guy at 5'9" and 217 is just that.
Love this pick very much.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause. Draftday1:Garrett/Thomas,tradedown:McCaffrey,Cunningham,Watt 2-Bolles,Engram,Kupp,Mixon,Westbrook 3-Switzer,Godwin,Perine,Jordan Evans
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lohe the way this guy runs. Very quick feet and he clearly understands running lanes. Seems like he's good at finding the backside crease much like gore did.

I dont know if Hyde is a guy I would run traps with. He seems to hit the hole as hard and as fast as he can and I think it has to do with the fact he played in an option system in college and never developed the timing to run those types of plays. Davis came from a more traditional, power offense and it seems like hes going to mesh well with the timing of our ol. Hyde and him should be a good one two punch.

I said I wanted a mid round power back in the mold of Alfred morris, seems like we got someone who could be even better. I'm happy
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Davis and mentioned him a couple times pre draft. But I kind of had a late round draft crush on Cobb who went just a bit later. Will be interesting to see how their careeers develop. I also liked Buck Allen but he went a few picks ahead of our pick. So we couldn't have gotten him. But I'll be following all three for the next 2 or 3 years to see how they work out.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrissooner49er wrote:
Everyone knows how I wanted David Cobb in this draft, but this pick got me excited the instant I saw it. Davis is very Gore-like, IMO. More rounded than most RBs. Willing blocker as well as runner and receiver. Love his size! I prefer short RBs with heft to them and this guy at 5'9" and 217 is just that.
Love this pick very much.

I actually do as well - I wish he had a little more top end speed and short burst, but his vision and patience should allow him to pick up yards that others couldn't. I don't think he'll be an overly efficient runner, but that'll depend on how he reads and diagnoses plays and spots.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early to label him a bust?

Will he benefit from Shanahan and other ensuing changes?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lone star wrote:

I'd be somewhat surprised if he makes the team. Bust? eh..I mean, for where he was picked, I don't know that anyone is really a bust.

A small stone may only make a small ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave.
the lone star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
the lone star wrote:

I'd be somewhat surprised if he makes the team. Bust? eh..I mean, for where he was picked, I don't know that anyone is really a bust.

Maybe another team could use him. My Cowboys probably will need another RB after Zeke. I'm thinking McFadden and Alfred Morris will no longer be a part of the team, and Dunbar isn't much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: