FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We are transitioning to a new forum software platform. Your current password will not work after August 12th. Update the email in your profile so you are not locked out. Click here for more information.

Oakland Raiders Defense
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 6m6 minutes ago
#Raiders David Amerson regressed more than anticipated. Opposing QB passer rating t

He was a complete disappointment. Fools gold. A large part of why this defense sucked.

He regressed in coverage and is a miserable tackler in the open field. They have to make him earn a starting spot next year. He's not good enough to be given one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing with Amerson is he had some GREAT games and he had TERRIBLE games. He would either look like a Top 5 CB or complete trash. There was no middle ground. Titan game for example, Amerson was MVP of that game with flawless coverage and PFF gave him like a 99.6 grade.

The truth of the matter is, you have to look past names and contracts. Smith and Amerson may not be the answer, especially Smith. We need a starting CB perhaps more than anything else besiides an interior rusher.

I'm honestly not even sure we can fix our defense in one draft. But we can at least get it Top 15.
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Quote:
#Raiders David Amerson regressed more than anticipated. Opposing QB passer rating t

He was a complete disappointment. Fools gold. A large part of why this defense sucked.

He regressed in coverage and is a miserable tackler in the open field. They have to make him earn a starting spot next year. He's not good enough to be given one.

Of course he was a disappointment compared to his insanely high level in 2015 and he's gonna have to earn his spot, but you don't just cut a promising 25 year old corner. His salary really isn't that bad either and hopefully he'll be able to learn from some of his mistakes and build off the positives (ball skills, pass breakups, big games, etc.).
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@rapsheet reporting KNJ is staying

Really disappointing news to be honest if true. The Raiders have hit his ceiling IMO.

This is kind of like not addressing MLB last offseason. A problem we all see a mile away, but no fix coming.

Going into 2018 with KNJ inspires little no confidence.

Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Really disappointing news to be honest if true. The Raiders have hit his ceiling IMO.

This is kind of like not addressing MLB last offseason. A problem we all see a mile away, but no fix coming.

I don't even count this as news. Never was an indication that he wouldn't be here. The building process continues.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was a way the Raiders could have drafted Leonard Williams and Amari Cooper that one year
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

If our defense under-performs again next year, I think JDR will be on the hot seat. That's his side of the ball. His forte. And him choosing to stay with a coach who is clearly overmatched as a DC reflects on JDR.

Much like John Fox in Denver, JDR might not be that coach that gets us over the hump.
SilverNBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC4_Life wrote:
I wish there was a way the Raiders could have drafted Leonard Williams and Amari Cooper that one year

Not me. Amari has helped our most important player DCs development. Despite his flaws, Amari will be a consistent top 10 WR for the next ten years barring injury.

Williams is a great player. But I don't believe he's on the same level as Donald, Suh, McCoy - interior lineman you can build your whole defense around.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SilverNBlackFan wrote:
big_palooka wrote:

If our defense under-performs again next year, I think JDR will be on the hot seat. That's his side of the ball. His forte. And him choosing to stay with a coach who is clearly overmatched as a DC reflects on JDR.

Much like John Fox in Denver, JDR might not be that coach that gets us over the hump.
JDR aint going nowhere if we are in the playoffs they will finally get smart and get rid of KNJ first.
DC4_Life

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Ben Henney was probably the biggest disappointment of 2016. He was playing good at the end of 2015, but couldn't hold down that MLB spot. Reggie faith wasn't rewarded in this case.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Tarver had a better defense and had a bunch of scrubs. He's an actual X's and O's. Would have been interesting if they gave him talent.

Can't see Norton lasting half a season. Otherwise Del Rio can kick rocks too.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
dante9876

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a waste. How do you get worse and keep your job. I hope we just being cheap and want to wait until his contract expires. But is another wasted year with a roster who dont have any issues with the cap by paying elite players yet. Its a terrible decision. Bruce Irvin keep saying the system works if everybody by in. Who isnt buying in? It works it you got great talent across the board like Seattle does. Ugh another season of Carr trying to mask the problems on the other side of the ball.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Quote:

Our CBs need deep safety help. How many long plays did we give up where the FS was nowhere to be found? None of our guys are shutdown CBs, if we expect them to cover WRs 1 on 1 with no help, they're gonna get burned at times.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Quote:

25 sacks don't help, it all starts upfront
MrOaktown_56

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:

Unless we add earl thomas and bobby wagner, we aren't gonna be able to run seattle's defense.
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 83 of 101

Jump to: