Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which UFA RB?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which UFA would you take?
Jonathan Wells, HOU
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Moe Williams, MIN
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Antowain Smith, NO
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Anthony Thomas, NO
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Maurice Morris, SEA
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Other (explain)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject: Which UFA RB? Reply with quote

Which Unresticted Free Agent RB would you pick-up to possibly start/split carries for the Colts in case they can not draft a top 4 RB? Yes we still have Rhodes but we have to assume he will back-up or split carries with the new guy unless he wins the job in training camp.

Hank Hill wrote:
Is there anything beer can't do?

Don't Click Here!
SUfbondarebound

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maurice Morris is definitely the best. Wells showed some skills at the end of the year last year so he might be worth it too.

11/16/2008 = The Return to SU Football Glory Begins
IndyColt#88

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk who picked Anthony Thomas, but i like him, i dont vote on my own poles, but if i did i think i would take Thomas. only a 5 year pro (young) and he had two 1,000 yard rushing seasons with the bears before he went to New Orleans to back-up McAllister

P.S. you guys like the new Maroney sig?.... i think its sweet.

Hank Hill wrote:
Is there anything beer can't do?

Don't Click Here!
Colton

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked thomas. I feel that he would compliment someone like rhodes or one of the 2nd round RBs pretty well with his more powerful style. He would definantly help in goal line and short yardage situations. Would also be good if none of the top 4 RBs fell to them in the first and they decided that they could go through the season with thomas and rhodes splitting carries. Then, they could maybe trade out of the first, get a someone's first for next year, and then pick up a first rounder next year. Its just a situation that has been running through my head the past few days. And i really like the RB class for next year with Michael Bush of Louisville and DeShawn Wynn of Florida, and espcecially if certain juniors (peterson, lynch) declare. Probably wont happen, but i wouldnt mind it terribly
panzer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IndyColt#88 wrote:

P.S. you guys like the new Maroney sig?.... i think its sweet.

i think you spelled laurence wrong but it looks good

mad props to :colts: for the sig
Mikefive

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colton wrote:
I picked thomas. I feel that he would compliment someone like rhodes or one of the 2nd round RBs pretty well with his more powerful style. He would definantly help in goal line and short yardage situations. Would also be good if none of the top 4 RBs fell to them in the first and they decided that they could go through the season with thomas and rhodes splitting carries. Then, they could maybe trade out of the first, get a someone's first for next year, and then pick up a first rounder next year. Its just a situation that has been running through my head the past few days. And i really like the RB class for next year with Michael Bush of Louisville and DeShawn Wynn of Florida, and espcecially if certain juniors (peterson, lynch) declare. Probably wont happen, but i wouldnt mind it terribly
As a Bear fan, I have to say... be careful with Anthony Thomas. Is he a more powerful back? Yes. But he needs a good line in front of him. Without that, he will be in trouble. He's a feast or famine kind of back. If he can get to the LOS with a head of steam and a hole to hit, he'll be a solid player. But if he has to stop and change direction, forget it. Basically, he's slow to get up to speed and has zero lateral movement. Once he gets to the line with a head of steam, he will move the pile for the extra yard or two. But if someone closes the hole or gets on him in the backfield, it will be a zero or negative yardage play. And without a strong line, he'll have a lot of those. He's not the short yardage back or goal line back you'd expect for a 230# guy.

On the plus side though, he's a good locker room guy and you'll never see any TO crap from Anthony Thomas. Give him holes and he'll do real well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: