You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Intro/Random Thread - New Forum In Beta!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
champ11

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe_is_the_best wrote:
Gordon Hayward would look real good in a Nuggets jersey. Just sayin'

Gotta enjoy the biggest signing in Nuggets history in Paul Millsap though. That is both sad and amazing at the same time

team rammy

germ-x

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I love the MMA/UFC and Boxing, especially the lead up to the big fight and the back and forth involved. Ali was well before my time, but I've seen every big fight and all the lead up. He was the master of getting inside an opponents head and winning a fight before even stepping into the ring. McGregor is the closest I've seen to accomplishing that. What he did to Jose Aldo pre fight rivaled what Ali did to Frazier in the Thrilla in Manilla. Mcregor had that fight won before they even stepped in the octagon.

The Mayweather/Mcregor fight was a joke to begin with. But the spectacle leading up to it is even more so. It's so obviously staged that it isn't even entertaining. It's turned boxing into reality (staged) TV. Sadly boxing needs it as it has completely fallen off, but I'd be thrilled if not a single person bought the pay per view and protested this complete mockery of competitive sports.

To be quite honest, I almost feel a fix in the works for this fight, which is something that professional boxing and major fights are well accustomed to. I would not be at all surprised to see this turn into a best 2/3 series between Mayweather/McGregor. It's just too lucrative for both sides. Each would exceed $150-200 million (minimum) in a 3 fight series over the next 2 years. Sadly that's what Boxing has come too other than Alvarez/GGG and sadly far far more people will tune into Mayweather/McGregor. Pathetic.
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
Man I love the MMA/UFC and Boxing, especially the lead up to the big fight and the back and forth involved. Ali was well before my time, but I've seen every big fight and all the lead up. He was the master of getting inside an opponents head and winning a fight before even stepping into the ring. McGregor is the closest I've seen to accomplishing that. What he did to Jose Aldo pre fight rivaled what Ali did to Frazier in the Thrilla in Manilla. Mcregor had that fight won before they even stepped in the octagon.

The Mayweather/Mcregor fight was a joke to begin with. But the spectacle leading up to it is even more so. It's so obviously staged that it isn't even entertaining. It's turned boxing into reality (staged) TV. Sadly boxing needs it as it has completely fallen off, but I'd be thrilled if not a single person bought the pay per view and protested this complete mockery of competitive sports.

To be quite honest, I almost feel a fix in the works for this fight, which is something that professional boxing and major fights are well accustomed to. I would not be at all surprised to see this turn into a best 2/3 series between Mayweather/McGregor. It's just too lucrative for both sides. Each would exceed $150-200 million (minimum) in a 3 fight series over the next 2 years. Sadly that's what Boxing has come too other than Alvarez/GGG and sadly far far more people will tune into Mayweather/McGregor. Pathetic.

Agree about the lead up - it's really the only entertaining thing about this. McGregor's actually hilarious. Are the networks charging people to watch the press conferences yet? I always had a feeling that would be the future for McGregor fights as the lead up is so much more entertaining than the actual fight - and is sure to be more entertaining this time around as Floyd is a boring style of boxing to watch.

As far as the fix, I don't see it happening, although it makes a ton of sense financially. I do think the undefeated record is important Floyd and his legacy in a weak era of fighters. He's one of the better fighters all time despite the era he's fought in but that goes out the window with a loss to McGregor. Floyd's camp is conscious of this, I'm sure.
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All, I strongly encourage you to sign up for the new forum which is currently in beta testing now. Webmaster has put together a revamped design, with an improved user experience, and awesome new user profiles.

If you haven't yet, come check it out, there are already active discussions taking place, and I'm trying to get things ramped up even further. It took a few posts to get used to things, but I much prefer the new user interface and ease of creating more structured, better formatted and ultimately cleaner posts.

Link to signup in the quote below!

CWood21 wrote:
Big things are in the works as Webby has been building a brand new forum with great new features. Right now, he's looking for users to be part of the beta test. If you're interested, wander over to the feedback forum and sign up today.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589148
BruinBronco

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey y'all. My acccount was deactivated last week when I updated my e-mail address. Very bizarre.
champ11

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BruinBronco wrote:
Hey y'all. My acccount was deactivated last week when I updated my e-mail address. Very bizarre.

throw your join date in your sig bro. very key

team rammy

BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I see what happened. Reactivation link got sent to my spam which I never check lol. I'll get to the new forum shortly.
germ-x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't figure out how to sign into the new forum. Used my username and old password as well as my new password and both times it said it was incorrect. Also used my updated email with my old and new password and again it said it was incorrect.

Is there something I'm missing?
Broncofan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:
I can't figure out how to sign into the new forum. Used my username and old password as well as my new password and both times it said it was incorrect. Also used my updated email with my old and new password and again it said it was incorrect.

Think you better ask for a new password, what you did should have worked.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

germ-x wrote:

Same thing just happened to me. I already went through the process of re-activating and updating my account info. Haven't got a clue why it doesn't work.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too. I see AAA and others in there. WTF Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Question Question Question Question Question Question
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I say vulgar things to get kicked off this forum, so long as it doesn't transfer to the new one? Or, do the house rules still apply?
Webmaster

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bans will carry over to the new forum. Rules are still in effect for both forums.

For those of you who can't access the new forum. Did you read the transition topic? The one that is on every page of the forum.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589300

You can't access the new forum yet unless you signed up for beta. Beta signups end tonight.

If you signed up for beta and didn't get an invite go here.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589269
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys be patent but get it figured out, we need you all over at the new forum. It's so much better.

Coming back here and posting is akin to if I got rid of my BMW X5 and went back to my Ford Explorer.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a shuttlecock?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 48 of 49

Jump to: