Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Intro/Random Thread - World Champs Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jokic has 5 trip dubs in the last 20 games. I thought the nuggets aren't supposed to get nice things.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
champ11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
Jokic has 5 trip dubs in the last 20 games. I thought the nuggets aren't supposed to get nice things.

one more triple double and he sets the season record for centers getting triple doubles.

He's actually going to be a superstar. Already a top 20 player and there is a debate out there for him being a top 10 player in the league.

In two years the Nuggets are going to be incredibly relevant in Denver. I would advise the casual fans that have rightfully fallen off to start buying stock now

team rammy

broncofan48

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

one more triple double and he sets the season record for centers getting triple doubles.

He's actually going to be a superstar. Already a top 20 player and there is a debate out there for him being a top 10 player in the league.

In two years the Nuggets are going to be incredibly relevant in Denver. I would advise the casual fans that have rightfully fallen off to start buying stock now

I'm a Suns fan, but like seeing the Nuggets do well. Jokic is the obvious star, but who else is playing well? I know Murray is solid, is Mudiay any good?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

He is a beast, and as a Blazers fan I like him even more because it pushed the Nugs to make that terrible deal for Plumlee.

Nurkic has been a godsend in Portland. Looks good enough to be a #3 option on a contender IMO.

But Jokic can be a #1. He is just amazing. They need to build the team completely around him. Shooters and cutters. Guys like Muiday don't fit IMO.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

Hopefully Mudiay can improve, but Jokic, Murray and Harris isn't a bad trio.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

He is a beast, and as a Blazers fan I like him even more because it pushed the Nugs to make that terrible deal for Plumlee.

Nurkic has been a godsend in Portland. Looks good enough to be a #3 option on a contender IMO.

But Jokic can be a #1. He is just amazing. They need to build the team completely around him. Shooters and cutters. Guys like Muiday don't fit IMO.

The trade looks kinda bad because how well Nurkic has played off the jump (he's going to regress) but from the Nuggets side it was honestly a pretty good trade for the situation they were in. They moved down 20 slots and moved a guy that totally tanked his value, couldn't fit on the team, and was hurting the locker room for a top level backup C that fits perfectly with the team and has made the team way better this season.

And yeah Mudiay is pretty much done. Murray, Harris, Jokic, and Hernangomez are the core and they fit incredibly well together. Definitely need to find a couple more defensive players (I want them to pay Andre Roberson) but yeah I expect the Nuggets to be really good in 2 years.

Happy for Nurk that he is somewhere that he fits so well. The first Blazers/Nuggets game is going to be so fun. They still have a lot of work to do to bounce back from the horrific offseason but Olshey has shown that he is very good so I expect them to figure it out

team rammy

champ11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
champ11 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

Hopefully Mudiay can improve, but Jokic, Murray and Harris isn't a bad trio.

I've pretty much given up hope on Mudiay. He sucks at literally everything lol. I think he could be a functional NBA player, but it's going to be on his second contract. Not really his fault bc he is a 21 yr old PG in the West, but I don't think he's going to be good for at least 3 more years.

team rammy

BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think a Plumlee for Nurkic deal in terms of player talent was bad, but more so the fact that Plumlee is a FA after the season. So Denver has to let their asset walk and have gotten 1/2 a season of elite backup center play for Nurkic (Who is under contract for another 2 seasons) or play Plumlee at least 12M per for a role that will only continue to diminish as Jokic keeps getting better.

And PDX got a R1, likely in the teens, on top of that.

I understand Nurkic tanked his value, but I just don't see how the deal can be argued as fair. Again, if Plumlee had 2 years left on his rookie deal, it would change everything. But is Denver really going to want to pay him if some bottom feeder offers him starter money? IDK.

Back to the team composition, I think Denver really could use a hyper athlete at PF. Someone like Noel who is a garbage worker but can block shots and roll to the basket. Not sure who the draft has to offer there though. Are Murray / Harris going to be the starting guards? I like that and while neither is a legit PG, they handle enough that coupled with Joikc, you can have a really unique setup.
champ11

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I don't think a Plumlee for Nurkic deal in terms of player talent was bad, but more so the fact that Plumlee is a FA after the season. So Denver has to let their asset walk and have gotten 1/2 a season of elite backup center play for Nurkic (Who is under contract for another 2 seasons) or play Plumlee at least 12M per for a role that will only continue to diminish as Jokic keeps getting better.

And PDX got a R1, likely in the teens, on top of that.

I understand Nurkic tanked his value, but I just don't see how the deal can be argued as fair. Again, if Plumlee had 2 years left on his rookie deal, it would change everything. But is Denver really going to want to pay him if some bottom feeder offers him starter money? IDK.

Back to the team composition, I think Denver really could use a hyper athlete at PF. Someone like Noel who is a garbage worker but can block shots and roll to the basket. Not sure who the draft has to offer there though. Are Murray / Harris going to be the starting guards? I like that and while neither is a legit PG, they handle enough that coupled with Joikc, you can have a really unique setup.

I actually think Plumlee being a restricted FA is something the Nuggets valued. They don't attract free agents so being able to sign him is a plus. If somebody throws a huge huge offer, that would be a bummer but there are not many teams looking for C help. Vast majority of teams have starting centers. I think they are totally comfortable paying him 12-15m a year.

But yeah I mean Nurk could be really good. I just don't know what other alternatives there were. A lot of stuff is going into his play including being a much better fit w the guards in Portland w the spacing. I wish the first round pick wasn't involved, but the Nuggets have 2 first round picks that barely play. It was a pick they were always going to move so getting a legit rotation player moving forward is something I value. Seeing Nurk kill it definitely hurts. The fact that he keeps taking shots at the Nuggets is laughable too. But he's a kid and he's really fun so I'm happy for him.

But yeah a defensive four next to Jokic would be perfect. I really wanted Noel tbh. It's a tough position to find so we'll see. I think Murray is the PG of the future in a Dame Lillard/Steph Curry lite mold. But yeah there is so much fun roster construction to think about with Jokic moving forward.

team rammy

iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ11 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

I didn't know he was close to that record. I think he gets it before the season ends. Would be nice to have it against Portland Twisted Evil

Oh for sure, he's definitely top 10 by the end of the season or the beginning of next season. His defense has been improving, if he can get to Duncan or Gasol level of D. He will be a force.

iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncofan48 wrote:
champ11 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

I'm a Suns fan, but like seeing the Nuggets do well. Jokic is the obvious star, but who else is playing well? I know Murray is solid, is Mudiay any good?

Man, how do you feel about Bledsoe? Move on?

Oh Harris has been super efficient all year but post ASB, he's got to be the 2nd best SG. He fills up the stat sheet and manages to hound teams best wing. Murray is very promising, I still undecided if he is a PG or SG, he may just be a PG combo guard which is what this team needs with Jokic anyway. Mudiay has all the potential but had a broken shot and shaken confidence. Our other two rooks, Beasly and Hernangomez will be either efficient role players or legit starters. Nuggets finally doin' it right!

broncofan48

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
broncofan48 wrote:
champ11 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

Oh Harris has been super efficient all year but post ASB, he's got to be the 2nd best SG. He fills up the stat sheet and manages to hound teams best wing. Murray is very promising, I still undecided if he is a PG or SG, he may just be a PG combo guard which is what this team needs with Jokic anyway. Mudiay has all the potential but had a broken shot and shaken confidence. Our other two rooks, Beasly and Hernangomez will be either efficient role players or legit starters. Nuggets finally doin' it right!

The Suns are so weird dude.

They have such a strange collection of talent and contracts.

Shoulda traded Knight at the trade deadline. Somehow his value keeps getting lower and lower. I guess Chandler is around now for leadership?

I am pumped about Booker, hes so good already. Chriss has me excited as well.

They are gonna have a high pick and I want Josh Jackson.

They have some exciting young pieces, guys like Big Sauce, Ulis and Warren who I think can all be very good role players on an up and coming team like the Suns should be.

And Bledsoe is somewhere in the middle. He's good but I'm not sure hes a true point guard. If the Suns do well in the lottery I could really see them embracing the rebuilding process and getting Fultz or Ball and trading Bledsoe.

I still think Bledsoe is an injury risk so trading him while his value is high and just going full on rebuild behind Booker and Chriss is what I would do.
Its a pretty odd situation. I think it more has to do with Suns management making up their minds which direction to go, and they seem to want to try and rebuild while being competitive which kinda doesnt really work

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncofan48 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
broncofan48 wrote:
champ11 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

Shoulda traded Knight at the trade deadline. Somehow his value keeps getting lower and lower. I guess Chandler is around now for leadership?

They have some exciting young pieces, guys like Big Sauce, Ulis and Warren who I think can all be very good role players on an up and coming team like the Suns should be.

And Bledsoe is somewhere in the middle. He's good but I'm not sure hes a true point guard. If the Suns do well in the lottery I could really see them embracing the rebuilding process and getting Fultz or Ball and trading Bledsoe.

I still think Bledsoe is an injury risk so trading him while his value is high and just going full on rebuild behind Booker and Chriss is what I would do.
Its a pretty odd situation. I think it more has to do with Suns management making up their minds which direction to go, and they seem to want to try and rebuild while being competitive which kinda doesnt really work

Yeah some of the moves they have made have been head scratching but like you explained, they are in such a good position to grow and be a legit team. I'm a fan of Booker and Chriss. Not too high on Bender but he could definitely make me a fan if he reaches that potential. Ulis was a good pick, wanted the nuggets to get him. I think its ideal to trade knight, Bledsoe and even chandler for some picks in 2019,2020, 2021, around there. You guys are in a good spot for a legit prospect this year. BTW, good trade to get Tucker out of there, low key move.

broncofan48

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iLikeDefense wrote:
broncofan48 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:
broncofan48 wrote:
champ11 wrote:
iLikeDefense wrote:

Yeah some of the moves they have made have been head scratching but like you explained, they are in such a good position to grow and be a legit team. I'm a fan of Booker and Chriss. Not too high on Bender but he could definitely make me a fan if he reaches that potential. Ulis was a good pick, wanted the nuggets to get him. I think its ideal to trade knight, Bledsoe and even chandler for some picks in 2019,2020, 2021, around there. You guys are in a good spot for a legit prospect this year. BTW, good trade to get Tucker out of there, low key move.

Yea I actually really liked Tucker I wish him nothing but success, but he was taking minutes from Chriss and Warren that they need.

But instead of following that logic with the rest of the roster they kept them. Makes no sense to me. Knight especially.

And yea Bender, idk, we will see I guess. Another guy I would love if he even turned into a 3 and D guy off the bench is Jones, Jr. Just so entertaining to watch. Ulis is gonna be solid for awhile. I'm not saying he can be as good, but if Isaiah Thomas can start at 5'9 so can Ulis. Besides Booker isn't a defensive stopper so maybe they just need to go back to the 7 seconds or less suns Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think literally no one wants Brandon Knight. They gave up a lottery pick for him which is wild.

Suns doing the classic win a bunch of games at the end of the year when they should just be tanking lol

team rammy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 44 of 46

Jump to: