Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Intro/Random Thread - New Forum In Beta!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 46, 47, 48  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
For those of you who don't live on the East Coast, don't give people who do live on the East Coast crap about being excited about the Oscars, they and their friends get really mad.

I'm not the least bit mad, but let's tell the whole story here. My post literally contained nothing but predictions for winners of Oscar categories- nothing more, nothing less. That was greeted with some weird anti-East Coast message. I can't help where I was born and raised, so I'm just not sure what the purpose of that was. If you hate the Oscars, that's one thing. I can understand that, but I don't get what specifically my Pennsylvania upbringing had to do with my Oscar predictions or why it was even brought up.

If I'm being honest, I hate a lot of actors- at least the overly annoying politicized ones, but there were quite a few good movies (which I happen to enjoy on the whole). Hollywood is super meta which gets old, but Moonlight was a great film, so I was excited to see it win best picture.[/b]

Thanks, Tzimisce
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
For those of you who don't live on the East Coast, don't give people who do live on the East Coast crap about being excited about the Oscars, they and their friends get really mad.
Is it a safe assumption you aren't a Biggie or Nas fan?

I don't even know what either of those things are.

In other news, for those of you who don't know, the insipid fanboy cheerleader embarrassments (who make KOA and The Fan look like hard-hitting journalists) at Mile High Report have been busted for plagiarism.

http://awfulannouncing.com/online-outlets/sb-nation-broncos-plagiarism-fired.html

http://deadspin.com/unpaid-sb-nation-writer-did-plagiarism-got-fired-1792629860

This is the same website that came out all for Kyle Shanahan and then wrote post after post about what great hire Vance Joseph is. This the same website that begged John Elway to sign Earl Mitchell then posted, after he was signed by the 49ers, that there are better options out there. This is the same website that ignored the Vance Joseph sexual assault allegations when even The Denver Post and 9 News reported it. This is the same website that had a Hall of Fame (WTF that is) poster who argued that signing Peyton Manning was a mistake because we had Tim Tebow. This a website that was the epitome of McDaniels apologists, only to throw him under the bus after he was fired.

Mile High Report (and their parent company, SB Nation) are a joke. An embarrassment. They are charlatans of the worst possible order. A travesty to journalism. Mile High Report is the very definition of #FakeNews. In fact, they give #FakeNews a bad name.

Mile High Report is a joke. The only thing they are realistically good for is the fact that they aggregate news pretty quickly and link to content. Their actual analysis is a joke and it basically blatant homerism. I struggle to call it journalism.

Sometimes there is well thought out analysis from certain posters in the comments, but most of the time it's a lot of gushing about how Denver should pick up every single free agent with a lot of clueless front-running fans.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought Mile High Report was written by amatures that did it for fun. Their articles are terrible and the SB Nation template is so, so grossly overrun by advertisements.

It may be for the best, let the rubes use MH Report. Weeds our the idiots and gives us a really smart, small but active fanbase on this website.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MHR is good for their training camp blogging alone.

Fify.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I'm not the least bit mad, but let's tell the whole story here. My post literally contained nothing but predictions for winners of Oscar categories- nothing more, nothing less. That was greeted with some weird anti-East Coast message. I can't help where I was born and raised, so I'm just not sure what the purpose of that was. If you hate the Oscars, that's one thing. I can understand that, but I don't get what specifically my Pennsylvania upbringing had to do with my Oscar predictions or why it was even brought up.

If I'm being honest, I hate a lot of actors- at least the overly annoying politicized ones, but there were quite a few good movies (which I happen to enjoy on the whole). Hollywood is super meta which gets old, but Moonlight was a great film, so I was excited to see it win best picture.[/b]

That's really true. I mean politically who really cares what they think?

I try to ignore any political comments any actors make. That way it doesn't ruin their movies for me.
7DnBrnc53

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mile High Report is a joke. The only thing they are realistically good for is the fact that they aggregate news pretty quickly and link to content. Their actual analysis is a joke and it basically blatant homerism. I struggle to call it journalism.

Sometimes there is well thought out analysis from certain posters in the comments, but most of the time it's a lot of gushing about how Denver should pick up every single free agent with a lot of clueless front-running fans.

I used to be on there (and SB Nation), but I just have no use for it anymore, so I logged out and never went back (they don't let you delete your account, for some reason).
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a fart today that smelled like sour and cream sun chips, but I hadn't had sun chips in years...so, there I was waiting in line to get a shot of wheat grass juice and there was a bag of sour and cream sun chips. So, I bought those, got high and ate them; such a Boulderite thing to do, isn't it?
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
I had a fart today that smelled like sour and cream sun chips, but I hadn't had sun chips in years...so, there I was waiting in line to get a shot of wheat grass juice and there was a bag of sour and cream sun chips. So, I bought those, got high and ate them; such a Boulderite thing to do, isn't it?

Really? You actually have to wait in line for a shot of "wheat grass Juice"?

It really is a brave new world.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

Really? You actually have to wait in line for a shot of "wheat grass Juice"?

It really is a brave new world.

Well, a good majority of those in line were probably getting fruit smoothies. I am the genius who likes to burp up the flavors of fresh mowed lawn clippings for the better part of the morning.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More of a west coast guy but Biggie is still my ringtone.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally OT, but the Joe Rogan Podcast interview with Arian Foster is phenomenal. Never knew Foster was such an intelligent, interesting dude. Makes you think about the sport of Football quite a bit, and like most Rogan podcasts, makes you question a ton.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear God.

It cannot be a wonder to anyone in this society as to why the male of the species drinks.

Mad

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brackets always bust early but I am hoping/praying that I can win as many games as I can and/or make it to the sweet 16. That rich man, Warren Buffett has promised some $$$.

http://imgur.com/02b8Isj

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
Broncofan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memo to self - don't book travel to East Coast in early March. Ugh.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Totally OT, but the Joe Rogan Podcast interview with Arian Foster is phenomenal. Never knew Foster was such an intelligent, interesting dude. Makes you think about the sport of Football quite a bit, and like most Rogan podcasts, makes you question a ton.

Didn't know the guy, but, man, many very interesting talks with people all across the professional/intellectual/political spectrum.

Thanks for sharing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 46, 47, 48  Next
Page 43 of 48

Jump to: